It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you create VR inside your brain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Can you create VR inside your brain? Can you manipulate certain brain regions using rTMS or acoustic stimulation to recreate the same state as in a waking/REM/lucid dream state?Can you use remote audio(audio CD) to achieve a hypnotic state using subliminals and a hypnotists commands?(kind of like that Chris Angel trick)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenopathic Investigator

Wouldn't you call that a dream? And wouldn't a lucid dream be even closer to something like a VR game? Your brain can already generate entirely new worlds and people, and it can even trick you into believing that is your reality...what more do you need?

[edit on 16/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenopathic Investigator

...where else would you create it? If you created a reality outside your brain...it wouldn't be virtual.

Can you
Can you
Can you

Is this the standard science fiction model for implementing VR? Yes.
Do we presently have the technology to do it? Not publicly, so far as I know.

manipulate certain brain regions using rTMS or acoustic stimulation
to recreate the same state as in a waking/REM/lucid dream state?

It may be possible to induce states, but I'm unsure how such a method would be used to induce experience of particular worlds. Dreams, for example, tend not to be persistent worlds. Simply inducing an appropriate mental state might not lead to any particular experience.

remote audio(audio CD) to achieve a hypnotic state using
subliminals and a hypnotists commands?

...it may be possible...but at a casual guess I'd say you'd probably need a cooperative subject of suitable disposition and a lot of time and practice to have much chance of success. Inducing a particular pre-determined experience of your choosing in an uncooperative, unaware subject using only audio ques is going to be both difficult and unlikely. ELF might be worth trying, but I've never worked with it personally so I can't say how effective it is.

What's your goal here? There may be easier ways to accompish what you want.

that Chris Angel trick

I'm not certain which trick you mean, but my impression is that Chris Angel uses audience plants.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
rTMS can either increase activity in a particular region of the brain or decrease it. I was wondering if you could increase suggestibility by targeting multiple areas of the brain. If they areas(ACC,medial prefrontal cortex etc) firing patterns are changed you can change a lowly suggestible person to a extremely suggestible person artificially. Thus hypnosis even a wake-dream state like in people with psychosis,REM lucid dream states or night terrors.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenopathic Investigator
Can you create VR inside your brain? Can you manipulate certain brain regions using rTMS or acoustic stimulation to recreate the same state as in a waking/REM/lucid dream state?Can you use remote audio(audio CD) to achieve a hypnotic state using subliminals and a hypnotists commands?(kind of like that Chris Angel trick)

Can you create a VR iside your brain? Sure

Second question - I have no clue about rTMS, but binaural beats have been used to help people have waking OOBEs(usually way more vivid than a lucid dream btw). Personally I dont find the audio helpful, and I dont think thats what your looking for anyway. Drugs could also be used to achieve pretty much any state of consciousness, but I am not going to go there due to TOS.

3rd questions - no clue.

new topics

top topics

join