It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC's spy establishment in panic mode over Washington Post expose

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What was it Celente said...

"Harvard, Princeton,Yale, Bullets, Bombs and Banks"

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All of that funding and they can't even secure the US border with Mexico.

We've been ripped off.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They are probably embezzling billions. We know how corrupt many government contracts are. In the intelligence community, everything is secret.

Imagine if you had billions of dollars with no accountabiity. How would spend it? Would you go a small chartered plane, or how about your own 747? Would live it up in a $2000/night hotel, personal chef, and lots of prostitutes? Heck, why not ebezzle a few billion? Would you prefer to keep it in Chase or Bank of America? How about the caymans?

How must it feel to have a personal masseuse, while you are listening to people's conversations? Is that getting old, do you go for torture or rape? Is that what you are into? How about some mind control, or do you just want to go shoot some Iraqis?

What do you think the intelligence community is into these days?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Your signature caught my eye.
"I".
Good to Go.....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We might just need the military and intelligence agencies if we are ever to find ourselves in a position where we need to overthrow our government in a bloodless coup. Better not cut all ties or judge too harshly. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
c'mon...this country loves war, needs war, look at all the holidays we have for it, we even have a "military channel" on our T.V.'s...being called un-patriotic is like being called a bank robber, 100,000's people make a paycheck off of it, the wealthy get millions from it...we live it, we breathe it...WE LOVE WAR!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Won't mention Any names.....

Does it work.
The prOgress part; the v_E+U of itall.....

"People are strange", when your.....

SOm~times a habit gets ahead of One's progress.
They're usually man-made for a reason.
Nooffense necessary.

Silly words don't work though at times may lead One in the Right direc'Cion. We do what we can. As U were.....over.....but not Out.....this is bravo-alpha whiskey.....radio check over.....click.....clucked dashell to a golden horizon. In discovery.....Of'.....For.....U.....

Don't look at 'me' said the fireman, I'm just looking for the Right Angle.....
Do Angels enjoy the name tag?
Only if they are aware of the pOtential.
Ah, well see soon enough.
Carry on.....carry on lil duder.....a 'dude' once said.
LoL, nother goodn.....In crEAtion.....
It's not about the advertisement of the EA, but rather about the medium of exchange.....Of it all.....

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

"This is easily corrected. Simply swap the defense budget with the
education budget. Problem solved!"
============================================

Yeah, sounds great in principal. Most of the education budget is wasted as it is. Throwing more money into education (union teachers pockets) hasn't worked in the past. What is different now?

Sure, castrate the military. That'll make us safer. Let's just pull out. After all, it worked in VietNam. No, i don't support the wars that we are in, so don't go there. Like Vietnam, we should WIN and GET OUT! That way, we could put our understaffed, underequipped, underpaid military (supported on our current ecucation budget) on home soil to protect the the overfunded schools

No, I'll continue funding the military, thank you

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mutant

"This is easily corrected. Simply swap the defense budget with the
education budget. Problem solved!"
============================================

Yeah, sounds great in principal. Most of the education budget is wasted as it is. Throwing more money into education (union teachers pockets) hasn't worked in the past. What is different now?

Sure, castrate the military. That'll make us safer. Let's just pull out. After all, it worked in VietNam. No, i don't support the wars that we are in, so don't go there. Like Vietnam, we should WIN and GET OUT! That way, we could put our understaffed, underequipped, underpaid military (supported on our current ecucation budget) on home soil to protect the the overfunded schools

No, I'll continue funding the military, thank you
==============================================
oh wait u guys can fund more to the military that you can kill anyone non american, OHH but wait ur own ppl are in trouble how about spending half military budget on free energy but wait want profit from oil, then how about health care theywant to reduce population as well, i am sorry but ive run out of ideas( Sarcastic)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mutant

i agree with flopping the budget. in so many ways which is better, a smarter, more intelligent populace that can think it's way forward, or constantly protecting a dumb populace.......you may have never worked as a teacher, but dont you see that they are, in so many words, guiding the futures of nations.

teachers deal with a bunch of kids that aren't their BIOLOGICAL kids, and have to create the most effective way to educate, in addition to dealing with disciplinary issues. as with any job, if the pay sucks, and your boxed in, you'll care less about the job at hand.

dont get me wrong, i love my military, but i believe we've got to prepare our kids better and with more respect than we have over the last 30yrs. if paying teachers better makes them more effective teachers, so be it!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but here is the part that concerns me most:

Although the Washington Post acquired the information from open sources, all Department personnel should remain aware of their responsibility to protect classified and other sensitive information, such as the Department's relationships with contract firms, other U.S. Government agencies, and foreign governments.

How long until Congressional Hearings are called to investigate this episode among many that represent a continuing assault on "Homeland Security".

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
With all the money spent on war and such, Americans could of had a far better universal health care system than ours up here in Canada... People wouldn't be dying from treatable diseases, which kills more Americans per month in the US than "terrorism" has ever killed...

Also another problem in the US is violent crime... More money to the police to fight crime would lower your chances of dying or being injured from violent crime... Also more likely to happen that "terrorism"... 450/100 000 for violent crime, Vs 1.08/100 000 for terrorism...

American government: "Hmmm Where should we spend our money now? I know! Let's hunt invisible imagined threats and let people die of disease and each other!!! Bob's company can make the missiles, Dick's comapany will supply oil and gas, and John's will make the weapons! Here's the blank check!"

Magnum

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
Your signature caught my eye.
"I".
Good to Go.....

I'm not sure I understand...

At any rate, I am pleased that it caught someone's eye...

All right, u2u a response if any, this is off topic to the thread...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
We might just need the military and intelligence agencies if we are ever to find ourselves in a position where we need to overthrow our government in a bloodless coup. Better not cut all ties or judge too harshly. Just saying.

Lol. Yes. Because it would be wise at all to say, "Excuse me rabid wolves, would you mind helping me get rid of the fox in my henhouse?"

Anyone who would think for a MOMENT that overthrowing our government with the CIA and the Military really, really needs to think again. A bloodless coup is called, "vote them out, both parties, and vote in a third party, but for the love of all thats holy dont let anything endanger the Constitutional protections."

The minute our government is overturned, by any means, we will be in some serious trouble. There is nothing wrong with the government. There is something wrong with the people we keep choosing to run it, because we foolishly keep electing people who are bought and paid for by various interests, and who dont represent us. And the military industrial complex and the CIA are part of whats wrong with the people we have running our government. I am sure they would love to "help" us get rid of the middle man that they have been forced to use because of our Constitution.

Personally, I am very skeptical of the media suddenly developing a desire to clue us in to corruption. It could be that they are just turning up the heat because Wikileaks and alternative news on the internet is eating their lunch. But I am concerned, personally, that we are being led to some conclusion that may not be good for us. I think power struggles are going on behind the scenes, and we dont have enough info to know the good guys from the bad guys, but we cannot do anything that endangers our Constitution, or allows martial law, or anything even close to be declared. THAT would be playing right into their hands. For a true EU style trade unit here in the Americas, the Constitution has to go, and I have just been watching to figure out how they might try to rig that. This power struggle now could well be the "how" beginning to unfold.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mutant

Okay, I understand you disagree with me, and you think we should WIN
the current war, unlike what happened in Vietnam.

A question...What does a WIN entail?
A question...What is the purpose/objective of our war in Afghanistan?

To date 1.05 trillion dollars have been allocated to our wars in Iraq and
Afghanistan.

A question...What is the justification for this expenditure in your opinion?

and finally...

Have we actually declared war?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Have we actually declared war?

We have declared war. Congress actually voted to delegate or cede their decleration of war powers to the president. Sad but true.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Ok, now the monday edition is out in the open.

website on the first page in the printed version(www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/hr.asp?fpVname=DC_WP&ref_pge=gal&b_pge=1) is

www.topsecretamerica.com

but it redirects to

projects.washingtonpost.com/top-secret-america/

[edit on 19-7-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Thanks for the update, now to see what we have here.
Second line.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Providing a ubiquitous defense and intelligence apparatus for the entire planet was bound to get expensive.

You people should face the fact that America has a comparative advantage in providing defense and intelligence services to all the nations of the world...economic theory dictates that such a situation exist that the Post is describing.

If you don't agree...go complain to Adam Smith.

Who do you think was going to protect you...the Muslims?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

Yeah, maybe we wouldn't care so much if our intelligence sector hadn't gone rogue. Instead of doing what they are supposed to, we are arming our enemies, flooding the streets with narcotics, torturing people, getting into wars of aggression and many believe false flag terror attacks on our soil, whether it be within our original borders or against our embassies.

Our intelligence-industrial-complex has grown a life of its own and now works independent of any kind of real over-sight, or what would seem. Of course I don't think it is our entire intelligence establishment, rather I think it is within that establishment, unbenounced to many or most in these services.

--airspoon

[edit on 19-7-2010 by airspoon]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join