It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC's spy establishment in panic mode over Washington Post expose

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

DC's spy establishment in panic mode over Washington Post expose

rawstory.com

Washington's intelligence establishment appears to be in panic mode over an upcoming Washington Post series about runaway growth in defense and intelligence spending.

A State Department email has accused the Post of planning to make public "top secret" information about defense and intelligence contractors working for the US, despite an admission in the same email that the Post's information came from "open sources."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This report looks like it will be interesting to the say the least. It just may shed some light on a lot of conspiracies. I am personally looking forward to reading it, though I suspect that the government will win out on this one and prevent the Post from publishing it. If it is published, I think that the information may be suspect, as we all know the Post os on the government bandwagon. I guess we will see in time.

I personally think that the American people should be privy to this kind of information, especially seeing how our intelligence agencies aren't exactly on the "up and up". I bet that if we turned over the rock that is the intelligence-industrial-complex, we would find so many creepy-crawlers that even the most die hard sheeple would awake to the realities of how far gone we truly are. I'm almost certain that there are so many skeletons in the closet of our government, it would even shock the most die hard tinfoil freak.

With that being said, I'm very skeptical of the motives of the Post for publishing such a report. Does the government want this info out there, but pretending they don't? Maybe to cover up their real connections? I just can't see the Post going against the wishes of their ultimate master, the government.

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They should be scared. There are a dozen threads on ATS talking about ignorance.

The defense budget is 15x the education budget. Couple that with the programs designed to have American's attacking each other and turning each other in and guess what? We have a crisis that will take a generation and a half to dig out of.

# $663.7 billion (+12.7%) – Department of Defense (including Overseas Contingency Operations)
# $78.7 billion (−1.7%) – Department of Health and Human Services
# $72.5 billion (+2.8%) – Department of Transportation
# $52.5 billion (+10.3%) – Department of Veterans Affairs
# $51.7 billion (+40.9%) – Department of State and Other International Programs
# $47.5 billion (+18.5%) – Department of Housing and Urban Development
# $46.7 billion (+12.8%) – Department of Education

Source

We need to hang some fools for treason.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Yep, this caught my eye too and I even started a thread on it. Didn't see your thread Airspoon. With all of these whistle blowers coming forward and the population becoming more and more disgruntled, its no wonder MSM is finally picking up on what we've been talking about for years now. ATS to me is a look into the future of mainstream news. At least that's how I describe ATS to anyone that will listen.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

This is easily corrected. Simply swap the defense budget with the
education budget. Problem solved!

Can I be president?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Cool. Agree with you that there are things we need to know...to a degree. I'm sure the Post will be hyper-sensitve. Intelligence contractors....hmmm...did Xe and their ilk get promotions? This will be very interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
But...But...But....we need war! its...uh....we need to defend israel.....uh....Terrorists!

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think our intelligence sector has grown its own legs. It is now a rogue section of the government, completely unaccountable to the people, while we are still responsible for its actions.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think the technology that was made available for domestic and foreign use by our intelligence community from contracted companies would prove more than enlightening and expose quite a few important conspiracies...especially with regards to Behavioural Modification experiments done on our soil and illegally.

I support this article and look forward to more specifics (there will be public release of this information at some point; I only hope it is sooner than later)...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't know, The Post may actually ream the politicians with this one. My source: the Cato Institute, and the ACLU.

Both of these prestigious institutions have recently been sounding their trumpets over Illegal Government. Hell, CATO is one of the premier trustees Congress, the House and the Senate solicit opinions from pertaining to legislation and Constitutionality.

Cato submits reports to Committees, Responds to proposals, and is usually on the floor giving testamony about one thing or another...

and these are the kinds of reports and studies the CATO Institute has of late has been publishing:

⌐ "The Job Creation Myth" (Blasting Obama's Lies)
⌐ "This Week in Government Failure"
⌐ "Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America"
⌐ "Deployed in the U.S.A.: The Creeping Militarization of the Home Front"
⌐ "An Institutional Explanation for Corruption of Criminal Justice Officials"
⌐ "Paramilitary Police Don't Make Us Safer"
⌐ "Policing for Profit: The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeiture"
⌐ "Of Course It Was Torture"
⌐ "Be a Good Victim"
⌐ "Mugged by the State"
⌐ "Supreme Court Ruling on Police Raids Endangers Citizens"
⌐ "Drug War Police Tactics Endanger Innocent Citizens"
⌐ "Remember Ruby Ridge"
⌐ "Back to Waco: The Waco case ought to reopen"
⌐ "The Constitutional Duties of Congress"
⌐ "Executive Orders and National Emergencies: How Presidents Have Come to "Run the Country" by Usurping Legislative Power"
⌐ "Impeachment: A Constitutional Primer"
⌐ "Read the Bills? How about Reading the Constitution?"
⌐ "I Am Finally Scared of a White House Administration"
⌐ "Clinton Stepped Beyond Constitutional Limits"
⌐ "Break Up the Congress!"
⌐ "Both Parties Find Trough to Their Liking" (OINK!!!)
⌐ "Price Gouging in the Public Interest"
⌐ "Is Hillary Clinton a Neocon?"
⌐ "Obama's Disappointing Secrecy"
⌐ "The Expanding Federal Police Power"
⌐ "The Tyranny of Good Intentions: How Prosecutors and Bureaucrats Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice"
⌐ "Court in Contempt of First Amendment"
⌐ "The New Assault on Free Speech"
⌐ "Obama's (and Bush's) Enemy Combatant Policy"
⌐ "Can Obama Assassinate Americans?"
⌐ "Obama, Congress Wink at Massive Surveillance Abuses"
⌐ "Americans' First Loyalty Must Be to the Constitution"
⌐ "Torture under Obama"
⌐ "George W. Obama"
⌐ "Making Criminals out of All Americans"
⌐ "The Second American Revolution"
⌐ "Obama Moves to Protect, Rather Than Fix, Patriot Act"

(oh... this list aint nothing!!! I could have provided a list at least three times this size, for what CATO Institute is exposing, and publishing opinion on!!)

And then We have the ACLU, who just recently announced the publicly accessible Police State and Federal Crimes Database, which will house data that will inform the public on illegal legislation, litigation against such, as well as expose individual assualts upon the Constitution.

Like CATO said, Congressmen have a duty towards the Constitution that they have blatantly failed. That's why CATO also published an article calling for a Congressional Recall!!!

I truly do hope the Washington Post continues the fine tradition these two institutions have continued, in supporting America's Constitution!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Come come now, do you really think they will post the real deal? Please deny ignorance! It's the old shell game and slight of hand. While they have you chasing smoke and mirrors. I'm sure they will disclose a few lesser and unimportant groups just to let it look legit. However the real slime bags never get exposed or touched.

The Post is on the gov slop waggon happily eating thier swill. Now the real question is, what's the gov up to that they don't want the people to know about?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What's that? Obama acting like an extreme version of Bush? A Bushiple of the holy order of crime that was his presidency?

Cool story bro. Star + flag for epicness.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I think Obama is just Bush III. The only reason that I think he is more dangerous, is because people think he is different, and ushering in change. I would almost bet that Obama steps in to stop the Post, unless this whole report is crafted by the intel-idustrial-complex for some nefarious reason.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I'm thinking they got a bad rap during the Bush administration. They provided intel that was cherry picked and then were scapegoated by the very people who did the picking. The Plame incident alone was a horrific betrayal. Frankly, I'm surprised there wasn't more retribution.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Perhaps this has something to do with the random event generators (REG) from the Global Consciousness Project going crazy.

Supposedly the 17th and 18th are going to be profound in some way or another. They say this REG did the same thing right before 9/11.

As of yet, this report and what it may entail is all speculation. If this does come to light, however, hopefully it'll be for the right reasons and not some mis-information made to hide the real secrets. Imagine if they made us think we killed the beast while the real demons continue to grow stronger.

The end of this won't be pretty, but the first step is waking up the masses. Then we'll go from there.

It'll be a beautiful day when the world awakens to the truth and we find an end to all this madness.

here's a link to the thread regarding the Global Consciousness Project
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The Washington post is independant it is share listed of itself its not a part of GE or the military industrial complex although Berkshire Hathaway (Buffet) holds many of its shares I dought its an alphabet agency or elite puppet so you might well get a well researched unbiased article out of it-if Government doesn't block.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

With that being said, I'm very skeptical of the motives of the Post for publishing such a report. Does the government want this info out there, but pretending they don't? Maybe to cover up their real connections? I just can't see the Post going against the wishes of their ultimate master, the government.

--airspoon

Perhaps TPTB want a watered down version of the truth out there and this is what the Post will provide.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Some of the MSN are realising if they don't start printing news they will be out of business. Their readership is leaving them in droves.
they were even requesting a bailout....

hmmmm...wonder if they'll get it...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

I think the question would be, why do they want a watered down version? What trick might they have up their sleeve?

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
The Washington post is independant it is share listed of itself its not a part of GE or the military industrial complex although Berkshire Hathaway (Buffet) holds many of its shares I dought its an alphabet agency or elite puppet so you might well get a well researched unbiased article out of it-if Government doesn't block.

Are you being sarcastic? The Post is just as bad as the rest of the media outlets.

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join