It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Deletes Official Alex Jones Page Over Gadsden Flag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
"Facebook Deletes Official Alex Jones Page Over Gadsden Flag" by Paul Joseph Watson, Prison Planet.com, July 16, 2010:

Facebook has sensationally banned the official Alex Jones Facebook page after a customer services representative admitted that all material containing images of the famous Gadsden flag was being deleted by the social networking giant.

While some fan pages remain up, the official Alex Jones Facebook page at www.facebook.com... has been terminated. Other Alex Jones pages run by Infowars readers have also been deleted, such as the page that was formerly at www.facebook.com...

If Facebook has embarked on a policy of banning political expression and images it deems offensive then the company should be more open about the fact. While Facebook didn’t consider it necessary to delete a fan page dedicated to the British murderer Raoul Moat, it is now purging all material related to the Tea Party movement, states’ rights and the Gadsden flag, which is a symbol of resistance against tyranny and was originally used by the United States Marine Corps.

Don't Tread on Me!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is totally preposterous.

Are peoples eyes open?

This is sensorship in its worst form. Aparently they are linking any type of patriotism with terrorism. This is a big step throwing the tea party straight in with the kkk Hezbollah and others.

Just add Facebook to the list of bought and paid for companies!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

They haven't deleted all of them. This one is still there.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They seriously deleted his page because of this? Do you know how many members have uploaded that picture to their profile? At least many that would make it news worthy.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing this. I have a couple of different apps and things that have a large amount of Gadsden flags, Tea Party, Ron and Rand Paul, and various other political pictures and messages and not a single one of those items has been removed and I have had some of them up since long before the most recent presidential election. At various times I have also had some of these items as my profile picture and never had any trouble with that, either.

I see a huge amount of political things similar to what I have on a daily basis and this is the very first time that I have heard of this censorship. Not that it might not be a new policy, but it doesn't seem like it has been a long running campaign on facebook's part.

This is just from my own experience, but with all of the political stuff that I've sported there, I have never once had a problem with any of it being removed or problems with my account being deleted. YMMV.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I seem to remember a person who was wanted by authorities bragging over Facebook about how they couldn't catch him. Of course that is okay with them, as long as it isn't people standing up for themselves.

I 100% do feel that they have the right to censor it in anyway they want. But I also know it is pretty much ran by TPTB. It is what it is at this point.

I'll continue my small goal of trying to get people who agree with the Tea Party and the Gadsden flag to look into joining the Libertarian Party. The Tea Party has been hijacked and discredited. The Libertarian Party has the potential to beat them at their own game. Make it pure political, let them have the Tea Party. The history of the Tea Party is too short and has been tainted by TPTB. No point in fighting it now. Let it be. Join the Libertarian Party and LIMIT GOVERNMENT! That is the first step folks! We limit government, and we limit their power, and then we limit the power of the companies that own our government. Don't listen to the naysayers who say the Libertarian Party will cause all kinds of extreme changes that won't work. It is almost impossible to have a true Libertarian movement in this country, but the core beliefs and values of the party is what America needs right now. Yes, I am for a true Libertarian country, but I know it won't happen and I'm fine with it. I also understand that it will limit the heck out of our government, which is what we need.

NO MORE FEDERAL AGENCIES! NO MORE WARS! NO MORE IRRESPONSIBLE SPENDING!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

I share your disbelief, and I hope you are right. It sounds like such a preposterous thing to do, to ban any expression of DTOM.

Can somebody provide an official statement from FB?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Do a Facebook search for Alex Jones.
He still has 4 Facebook pages.
I still see tea party and Gasden memorabilia on other peoples pages.
I think Facebook banned Al's page because he is using it as a free commercial tool.
Make up your own minds.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
"Facebook Deletes Official Alex Jones Page Over Gadsden Flag" by Paul Joseph Watson, Prison Planet.com, July 16, 2010:

. . . the official Alex Jones Facebook page at www.facebook.com... has been terminated.. . .

When I click on the official Alex Jones page, I get "The page you requested was not found."

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I think Facebook banned Al's page because he is using it as a free commercial tool.

Now *this* I can believe. Perfectly plausible.

When you look at the allegations..."Facebook.... is now purging all material related to the Tea Party movement, states’ rights and the Gadsden flag, which is a symbol of resistance against tyranny and was originally used by the United States Marine Corps. ", and consider the source, it makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Considering when I read about this report I went straight to Facebook and realized I had several friends with their Gasden still up, yep.
And on Al's 4 other Facebook channels he is howling about Facebook injustice.
This Conspiracy theory was an easy debunk.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
In addition to the facebook policy of only being allowed to have one profile. It seems to be only sporadically enforced from things I've read on some of the game app forums, but as of my last reading of their rules, that was still their policy. If Alex Jones had a multitude of profiles for himself, I find that to be a far more plausible reason for some of them to have been deleted than claims of stifling political expression.

There are plenty of reasons to offer criticism of facebook, this just doesn't seem to be one of them and I doubt the veracity of the reason given by Jones.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
"Free commercial tool?" All businesses or organizations that use Facebook are using it as a free commercial tool. If it's against the rules then it is selective enforcement being used here.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Here's an answer become a serial pest and open multiple FACE BOOK accounts and upload the Gadsden flag and images as much as possible , join the Barak Obama page then upload a Gadsden flag , join the Fox News page Gadsden flag and just be a pain the neck.

This is just off the charts censorship gone mad!

Email them a few flags!

Contact Facebook at [email protected] or [email protected].

[edit on 17-7-2010 by jpvskyfreak]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
"Facebook Deletes Official Alex Jones Page Over Gadsden Flag" by Paul Joseph Watson, Prison Planet.com, July 16, 2010

Here is another piece of the article, which I think people should be aware of in general, about Facebook:

It’s unsurprising that Facebook has nailed its political colors to the mast in serving the establishment by targeting grass roots Facebook pages that display the Gadsden flag. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has denounced privacy as a ‘social norm’ of the past, an apt excuse given the fact that his website is little more than a vast intelligence database used by spy agencies to dig up information on people. Even more alarmingly, IM’s from Zuckerberg’s early Facebook days reveal his total disregard for privacy. In the IM’s, Zuckerberg insults Facebook users as “dumb #s” for trusting him with their private information.

top topics

join