It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Created Life to Evolve to Learn...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It has always been my belief the whatever it was that created the possibility for the Big Bang to occur is God and the reason why IT did is so that it can learn about itself through us, so IT sacrificed itself and Created the universe and everything in it and laying the seeds for life and Evolution.

Now of course there is no way to scientificly proove this (yet), however in order for the possibility of life to exist something had to have created the elements which are needed, after all the Big Bang wasn't triggered by NOTHING!

While the extremist Scientists cling to just Evolution and the extremist Religious people cling to just Creationism I will stand right where we're supposed to be, in the middle where Life was Created to Evolve by God ( not the God in religions) to study God fore everything is a part of God and the more we study and learn the closer we come to knowing what God is, which is everything!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the ancient philosophers such as Plotinus, Boethius, and the Vedic philosophers teach a type of emanation from the Absolute God downwards, where each stage is a lesser emanation or image of the higher. So in other words, God creates heaven, the heavens create the planets, the planets create life, and life creates its offspring, and just like how offspring are created, there is a transmission of genetics through reproduction, in a similar way, the higher state transmits its blue print or 'DNA' to the lower, where the lower has an image of the higher, but is not the higher, only an image. If this goes back forever, you reach the 'Absolute' which is the highest state, which could not be created by anything but has simply Eternally existed (kind of like what materialists view matter as being always in existence).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Even though I don't share the same views as yourself. I just believe in evolution. There's a God from one of the tribes in Africa named Buma. The story behind his creations is that they also evolved.

In the beginning, all was dark. Then out of the darkness came BUMBA, a giant pale-skinned figure. He was not feeling well. In fact he had not been feeling well for millions of years. He was lonely, and the unbearable solitude was making him ill. Troubled by a ballooning bellyache, he staggered, moaned and vomited up the Sun. Light burst forth into the Universe — and he choked out the Moon. The stars came next and then, with a tremendous effort, he threw up the planet Earth. We do live in a very sick world. This nauseating display was brought to a triumphant conclusion when, as an encore, he vomited forth nine animals, an assortment of humans, and a pile of diced carrots. Exhausted from his labors, he sat and watched as the nine creatures multiplied. After a while, they had evolved into every living thing on Earth. Which goes to show that Creationism and Evolution are both right.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jobujack

...so let me see if I understand you correctly...

It has always been my belief

there is no way to scientificly proove this

While the extremist Scientists cling
and the extremist Religious people cling

I will stand right where we're supposed to be

You have always believed something that there's no way to prove, and everybody else who believes something else is an extremist, and wrong, and silly for clinging to their beliefs, but you are right and you're going to stay believing exactly what you do.

...k.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It is a possiblity that the big bang want the first big bang, in fact it may happen all the time. Got this idea from through the worm hole.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly! I have felt the same way for quite a while now. It just makes too much sense.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
For some reason any theories including a god creating everything from nothing while himself coming from nothing doesnt make sense to me. Then again everything exploding into being from an atom sized particle doesnt either.

The fact is that no person on the planet knows how we got here and anyone claiming to "know" is lying. So when people ask me what i think, i just say i dont know. I have thought of many possibilities of how everything came to be and cant rule anything out.

If i had to guess how humans got here on this planet i think the best possibility is ancient aliens. The evidence ive seen has me leaning in that direction. I think even if they didnt bring us here we have probably had some kind of contact in the past and will in the future someday.

Its an interesting theory to consider.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
then most people are in the wrong way, since they live by these ancient books, instead of evolving mentally

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
then most people are in the wrong way, since they live by these ancient books, instead of evolving mentally

If it is a book written by Men about the creation of life then... Yes!

Science has more to offer than Religion for proof however there are many things that just science can't explain, questions like...

-If the universe and life evolved from the big bang where did the elements come from to ignite/trigger it?

-Is the Universe a Set Size (Religion), is it Infinite (Reality) or does it Expand (Evolution)?

...see how it easily breaks down to Extreme Religion/Reality (what I believe)/Extreme Science, though if not for Science the Supersticious Religious people would still have us believing the Earth is the Center of the Universe!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes of the wake
For some reason any theories including a god creating everything from nothing while himself coming from nothing doesnt make sense to me. Then again everything exploding into being from an atom sized particle doesnt either.

The fact is that no person on the planet knows how we got here and anyone claiming to "know" is lying. So when people ask me what i think, i just say i dont know. I have thought of many possibilities of how everything came to be and cant rule anything out.

If i had to guess how humans got here on this planet i think the best possibility is ancient aliens. The evidence ive seen has me leaning in that direction. I think even if they didnt bring us here we have probably had some kind of contact in the past and will in the future someday.

Its an interesting theory to consider.

I disagree, I am not lying when I say I know how we got here, we got here by a natural process. Just because I can't map out in detail all the steps along the way does not mean I am lying. Either way, it doesn't matter how we got here, it only matters where we are going.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

If the mind thinks it maybe possible then it can become possible, since the mind can make conditions possible to enable the probability to come into existence.

The belief largely still held in the field of science - and by the community at large - is that on this planet man - the human scientist - is at the top of the heap - this with no investigation of the criteria on which this opinion is based. Such defenses, as "Well, if these other animals are so great, why aren't they building the way we're building?" put one's self in the "I am God" position where science, knowledge, and the other species are concerned.

"What I do, then, is the be-all and end-all on this planet. I have demonstrated this because I can destroy the others. In fact, now I have the capability of destroying everything on this planet, including the planet itself; therefore, I must be at the top of the pyramid of development. Therefore, the others are my prey and I am justified in killing them for purposes of my industries, my survival, or my warfare."

In this sense, then, the "I am God" position denies that there is any such thing as an essense, that there is any such entity. It denies that there is any connection between us and the other species; it denies that there is a any connection between us and the rest of the universe; it denies that there is a "God"; it denies that here is a Star Maker who has any knowledge of what humans do. This in a sense is the existential position, without religion and without the kinds of experiences about which I and others have written. In other words, in order to make one's self God in the sense of he who controls our planet, with nuclear power, chemical and biological warfare, and political means of exerting power within a very limited framework, one assumes God-like powers and believes there is nothing else but one's self and one's own species.

With this belief system, the be-all and end-all is humanity. There is nothing on the planet comparable to humanity. All other species are potential victims of the human species. There are no unknowns in communication with either these species or at-present-undiscovered species elsewhere in our galaxy. This view is quite as dogmatic and dangerous as the view of the Catholic Church during the inquisition, of the Mohammedans following Mohammed, of the hordes of Genghis Khan coming into Europe, or of Attila the Hun.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
We learn best through experiences. No matter how many times are parents and elders say....DONT DO IT...we often must tests things for ourselves.

Im not sure we were created for God to learn through us, about Theeself....for wouldnt that make the idea of God...unknowing to a degree...about Theeself?

I agree with some other posters with the word 'emanations'....something doesnt come from something....you can look at it as the Holy Spirit made a offering of self, for life, and that this is a natural process of emanation, mabey its never ending, mabey its a recycling that happens infinity....or mabey our Universe is just the birthing from a former Universe collapsing...still, something coming from a former something.

But I dont believe that something comes from nothing.

I do think that WE are to learn...through evolving, in mind and spirit...over time, not only as individuals, but ultimately, as a whole unit, as a species, as a ONE KIND. I dont see the duality here as a mistake, I see it has purpose. It is what teaches us...it is what we use to weigh and measure things from one end of the spectrum to the other.

top topics

join