It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a Job? Unions are looking to Hire you....as a Protester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That is right folks, think you have the skills to yell of the top of your lungs. Do you not a have a ideology and would sell your convictions to make a buck? Are you able to chant endlessly without knowing even what you are talking about? Can you yell? Can you Walk? Can you hold a picket sign?

Well Sir/Madam/Boy/Girl there is a job available for you. It only pays minimum wage though and you don't need any qualifications. Even if you are homeless, Illegal with no documents..you still qualify.

Union Pays Minimum Wage to Protestors

The Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters is paying unemployed non-union workers to protest outside Washington, D.C., office buildings, telling the Wall Street Journal that it's sometimes too difficult to get its own people to come downtown to demonstrate.

WSJ reports that the carpenters union has been hiring people -- many of whom have no ideology on an issue -- to to walk picket lines, chant and generally sound off each day at around 150 picket lines in the District of Columbia and Baltimore.

"For a lot of our members, it's really difficult to have them come out, either because of parking or something else," Vincente Garcia, a union representative supervising the picketing, told the newspaper.

Well unions have a lot of cheddar lately thanks to Obumbus and his cronies so they can spend some of that extra cheddar on these protesters to make some more cheddar. They already have enough union lobbyists, so they figured now the protesters will complete that cycle of waste.

I also find it funny how they chose non-union workers, so they couldn't form negotiations and demand better wages, luxurious contracts, & yada yada. I hope these protesters form a union and stick it to them, and this way they can never be laid off.

This Genius I must say Genius...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Look prionace glauca, I know you have been programmed to hate the evil union thugs, blah, blah, blah, but if it weren't for unions you and all you kids would be working 15 hour days, 7 days a week, in unsafe conditions, with no vacations and for 20 bucks a week. Unions also negotiated for employers supplying things like health insurance, and retirement. Those damn evil thugs, right?

So the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters is hiring, huh? I wonder if they are affiliated with the Philadelphia Guild of Carpenters? The Declaration of Independence was signed in the gathering hall of the local chapter. Kind of seems fitting because the promise of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are only meaningful when workers are able to reap the just rewards of their labors.

But I have heard Fox and what they feed their viewers on every show in the day's line up. They successfully brainwash their middle and lower class viewers to rally against their own interests. Fox News serves the wealthy corporations brainless people, who are willing to be slaves and not create a ruckus.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

ADMIN EDIT: REMOVED INTENTIONAL CHILDISH MISSPELLING OF THE ORIGINAL POSTER'S NAME

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Capitol idea!
United protest workers of america!
perhaps even the UPWA_CIO?

just think, what if all the protesters went on strike?
what a schmozzle that would be...
the unions would end up muscling themselves and see what its like on the other end of the stick for a change...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

wrong their Sport,

without the unions, the baby boomers would not have been able to be overpaid, underworked, and given ridiculous pensions.those 55-75 yr ols ingrates actually think they accomplished something, when any idiot given that same union job could do it just as well.. they are corrupt organizations now.. duh!! infiltrated and manipulated.. the unions are a way to limit who gets paid what, and promote based on seniority NOT performance... what winning team in any sport, gave the most to the oldest washed up players, and not to the stars??

my gosh!! that's it.. totally. we as a society must promote based on performance!! not promote the mediocre loser who has had no opportunities elsewhere and just existed the longest somewhere.. that promotes laziness and complacency.. so many douche baby boomers think that staying somewhere the longest should determine promos and raises?? no wonder we are where we are..

and any person with a low IQ to actually admire unions proves that majority rules.. just like the movie -Idiocracy--

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

We should of seen it coming. Most union workers are so lazy that they cannot be expected to stand in the hot sun and fight for their views. Its not in their contract.

It is really a perfect example of the flaw of unions. There will probably be 20 guys protesting and 100 union workers standing around BSing and watching the non-union guy actually put forth some effort.

I feel sorry for people in unions. Joining a union or working for the government is like you have no faith in yourself to fend for you and your family. It is really sad.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
Look prionace glauca, I know you have been programmed to hate the evil union thugs, blah, blah, blah, but if it weren't for unions you and all you kids would be working 15 hour days, 7 days a week, in unsafe conditions, with no vacations and for 20 bucks a week. Unions also negotiated for employers supplying things like health insurance, and retirement. Those damn evil thugs, right?

Unions today are run like businesses. Their achievements in the past do not make them great in the present.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by prionace glauca

I feel sorry for people in unions. Joining a union or working for the government is like you have no faith in yourself to fend for you and your family. It is really sad.

Are you telling me that if I work as a public defender for the federal government, I won't have to worry about feeding my family?

Sign me up!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You people are completely hopeless. Are you even listening to yourselves?

Joining a union or working for the government is like you have no faith in yourself to fend for you and your family. It is really sad.

What's sad is allowing the management of a corporation to force you to work 70 hours a week with no O.T.

and any person with a low IQ to actually admire unions proves that majority rules

Yea, majority does rule, when workers can organize together and negotiate a better wage or working conditions.

You all are all brainwashed.

55-75 yr ols ingrates.../douche baby boomers

Did you just call old people ingrate douches? What kind of sick whippersnapper are you? Don't you know they had to walk 5 miles to school uphill and in the snow?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CapitalistOverlord

Well of course. You ever seen the federal government downsize in a recession? Most companies have too. Most families have too. But the federal government just keeps making itself more bigger and more expensive no matter how much money they take in or what their citizens want.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No corporation can force you to work for 70 hours without overtime. You are always free to find another job, but I know it is hard for someone who feels helpless and strives to find someone or some entity to take care of them their whole lives.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

No, I haven't, and for good reason. The federal government doesn't have to. The federal government isn't run like a private sector business is run.

The government has to stay large, at least in the economy.

Addressing your second point, I don't believe the citizenry agrees that the government should be smaller.

Let's not derail the topic though.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

There is absolutely no reason the government has to stay large in the economy under any financial circumstances.

What dont you get about that government is an EXPENSE. It is a drain on the economy, not a gain for the economy.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

Of all the people in the world, the conspiracy theorist should be the one to rail against the capitalist machine.

We need the government to protect us from the perils of a capitalist society. However, we need the government out of personal lives.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

That is just foolish. The best thing for a countries finances is to limit the size, expense, and interference of the government. They mess up everything they touch.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why they are called Labor Unions? Not Management Unions, or CEO Unions, or Boss, or Owner Unions?

Because they help the laborer, duh! Any one against Unions are either in management or an owner of a company, or just plain stupid. You fight for the boss's right to make you his slave. Brilliant!

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You are only a slave if you let yourself be a slave. Last time I checked you were still free to start your own business and work for yourself.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

yeah unions are great-- they tell you who to support in elections?? sounds like a drone mentality...

and when was the last time a union boss refused kickback from corp.s?

when was the last time a "powerful" union got their demands met w/o bowing down and conceding?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Im not Union, but know Union workers and ave been working with Union folks for quite some time now.

There are still some older fellers that are the epitome of Union. They step on nails, get 12 inch gashes, lose eyes and continue working right after they super glue their injuries themselves. And they dont bitch.

But what I find is that this newer generation of 40 and under Union workers ......a bunch of over paid, lazy, complaining, low down no good egoistic scoundrals who dont deserve to be in the Union.

They make up the majority these days and they give Unions a disgusting name!!!

We've had growth through out history with out the need for Unions. I say axe em all

top topics

join