It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder: Site getting tons of 'high caliber' disclosures

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Guys, they can't just bang out every single leak that he has been given without thought. Otherwise anyone could just come up with a "leak" which supports their agenda, give it to wikileaks and have it legitimised via wikileaks' credibility... credibility which would be very quickly comprimised if they released a ton of stuff which turned out to be falsified.

They have to take the time to verify and cross-check sources to make double-triple sure that what they are releasing is in fact, fact. Otherwise they just become a high profile tabloid.

I beleive wikileaks are the real deal and are taking a very smart and cautious approach to releasing sensitive information.

More power to them!

edit for spelling

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Funk bunyip]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If the website had any new info then they would've released it already.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Well some of you guys wouldn't last long in a Wikileak kind of environment, and neither would your sources.

Did you READ that the info usually comes heavily encrypted, takes ages to decode - and, I am guessing, then probably takes ages to somehow verify that the info is accurate.

I have no doubt that all sorts of disinfo is sent into Wikileaks - by the lowlife PTB - in the hope that he will slip up and publish it. Can you imagine how they would then POUNCE on that opportunity to discredit him, can you imagine how every one of our corrupt media stooge outlets would bombard the world with the story? Warrants for searches would be obtained.....etc, etc.

I have no doubt that those who wish to discredit him would do so in any context they can - such as public forums.

Like everyone else, I have no way of knowing for sure whether Assange is legit. The truth will emerge in the fullness of time. For now, there is nothing he has done or said or not done or not said which would make me seriously doubt his integrity.

I cannot say the same for TPTB. As far as they are concerned, I've just realised I have difficulty remembering a single time when they have told the truth about anything of significance and importance the the American people and the world. Moreover, those things that CAN be veriried, prove beyond any shadow of doubt that they are vile nest of stinking vipers, ruthless and murderous and depraved and insane with the lust for power and money - and, dare I say it, sick paedophile activities. Not just in the US, in all the countries they dominate.

So, on that basis, I welcome anyone brave enough to blow the whistle on these monsters - for that is what they are MOST afraid of. They know without any doubt that if enough people wake up to the truth of their vile existence, they are finished.

THIS TELLS ME THEY CAN BE DEFEATED.

Whistleblowers are brave people who take extraordinary risks to get out information VITAL TO OUR SURVIVAL. Believe me, that is not an exageration.

Investigative journalists few and far between. We NEED them, and we NEED more citizen investigative journalists. The information is there, it is possible to get hold of it - it is possible to expose their vile, depraved activities.

So for now, I absolutely give Wikielaks the benefit of the doubt, and cautiousy give him my full and total support.

If it were to emerge that Wiki isn't what it seems, at the end of the day, so what? It will be just one more item on the list of lies and deceit which they feed to us hour by hour about everything.

I don't believe Wiki is there to facilitate the shutting down of dissent on the Internet. They are already advancing that agenda as we speak. They've managed to pass a law that says any American national can be killed in cold blood outside the US, without any evidence of suspect behaviour and any judicial process. They passed that - and you, the people of the US - allowed that to go through. How many of you went out on the streets or put yourselves at risk in any way to protest that insane piece of legislation.

If they can pass that and remain unchallenged by the US people, why would they worry about the simple problem of internet censure?? They only have to say two words - terrorist and national security, and it is swallowed hook, line and sinker. They know what gullibility is, they know what inertia is and they rely on it, and mock you at the same time

The by now tedious and predictable terrorist myth they have created, and which, unbelievably, so many people still believe, will no doubt be dusted down and rolled out once again when they want to squash dissent on the web. By the way, it's already happening. A blog platform was shut down today. As far as Iam aware, no reason has been given - but they have microsoft and google in their pocket. Why on earth would they need Julian Assange?

My personal belief is that they will roll out another more deadly 'terrorist' attack, people will be shocked, and once again they will swallow the lies and do nothing as freedom of speech on the internet disappears for ever.

How many will even bother to write a couple of letters of strong protest?

So - if there is anyone contributing to this thread who is a paid agent, here to spread lies and mistrust...FAIL. It didn't work for me.

If there are people simply here to act like school yard bullies, to throw their grunts around and try to create dissent. FAIL. Grunts are easily ignored.

If there are people here who still believe their government is to be trusted, I am begging you to read, think, look at the evidence and WAKE UP.

My life, and the lives of us all, totally depend on enough people seeing and WAKING UP to the full truth of this unimaginably and unspeakingly vile plot, that the REAL purveyors of terror are inflicting on the world.

If enough people wake up to the truth of what is going on, and shake off their lethargy, we can stop this insanity. THEY KNOW THIS, that is why they are afraid, that is why they want to suppress the truth.

WHAT will it take to shake people out of their complacency? If you don't help others now, stand up, speak out and be counted in whatever way is appropriate to you, who do you think will be there when the thugs come to your door?

I am counting on whistleblowers and Julian Assange to keep chipping away at the cocoon of denial that so many people still choose to inhabit.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Re your signature - seriously, can you tell me when America last did anything to help anyone except the greedy, murderous elite who are in charge?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Re your signature - seriously, can you tell me when America last did anything to help anyone except the greedy, murderous elite who are in charge?

Remember that the next time the Nazis take control of Europe.

And you act as if the rest of the world is full with saints.

P.S. Name me the one country that people from all over the world flock too.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of you. I think it might also be a front.
We need to watch whats going on. but with two eyes open.
I would say, do not donate to them because. our government has made
it clear that, they would round up people for financeing so called "terroists".

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Did you READ that the info usually comes heavily encrypted, takes ages to decode

Where does the encryption come in. The government uses encryption that no journalist is ever going to break.(128-bit block Advanced Encryption Standard (AES),)
even the Russian and Chinese can not break it so how would a journalist

If this is government encryption wiki-leak is ether getting something that the government wants them to have.

Or its encrypted by the leaker and he has the encryption algorithm to decrypt it in minutes.

Or last Its not encrypted at all.

My signnature line has a massage in a WW2 encryption.

I would still take a lot of computer time to decrypt it if any feds are watching this site and get curious.
And if someone did come up with the right massage and posted it i would know they were three letter agency.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo740

I would say, do not donate to them because. our government has made
it clear that, they would round up people for financeing so called "terroists".

Yeah? Well I guess you better quit paying your taxes then.

I dont think our system has quite degraded to the point where Wikileaks could be construed in a court of law to be a "terrorist organization." We may someday soon be in a country with a legal system that screwed up, thanks to all you fearmongers who push the ideology that it is better to just roll over and not resist.

"Dont protest, its just for trouble makers, you might get hurt."

"Dont support Wikileaks they are both a front for the PTB AND you can get in trouble for supporting a terrorist organization."

How can they be both, anyway? Either they are a legitimate organization dedicated to leaking the information the worlds people need to make sound political decisions, or they are a dummy organization set up by the PTB to trap people.

I sure hope some of you numpties are disinfo agents, because if you arent, if you are representative of the actual populace, we deserve tyrants for leaders for being weak and spineless little jellyfish.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

this wiki bashing party smells like people who are not using their brains these guys are risking their lives to release wistle blowing information that could end the oppresive wars and criminal looting of the US and all other countrys

what are the detractors risking what skin do they have in the game?
did wiki not release the cointer intel operation plan to discredit the site?

wiki leaks are doing something that very well may awaken even the most avid sheep

remember one thing any release from wiki is intended to expose corruption and criminal acts

i support the awakening of the masses and real media releases that causes a shift in public awarness to correct the hidden crimes of this world

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well, apparently I'm in the minority here, but this is awesome news! Wikileaks is one of the greatest things to ever come out of the web and should be considered one of the greatest tools available to those who truly seek to "deny ignorance". Of course there is room for TONS of improvement, but this site's concept has the potential to shake the very foundations of power around the world.

We also need to keep in mind the fact that these disclosures take a lot of time and resources to prepare for public release. This is both because of the vetting process which each disclosure must go through (to ensure the veracity of the disclosure) as well as covering their asses legally. They are also hindered by their shoestring budget (which is mostly, if not entirely, made up of donations as far as I can tell) and have actually run out of funds (thus temporarily halting their work entirely) at least once before.

Just because the disclosures we see coming out of it are not what we want to see disclosed does not therefore mean that it is either infiltrated or irrelevant. It can only disclose what other whistleblowers are willing to disclose to them, and then only when they can verify that the disclosure is in fact genuine. If it didn't follow this strict quality guideline then it would be no different than any other conspiracy research site (yeah yeah I know
) whose output can easily be dismissed as opinion and circumstantial evidence by anyone who does not want to accept or have to deal with what is being presented.

And to criticize them for their disclosures not having the explosive impact that we would hope for is akin to blaming the rape victim for the police not investigating the crime. I mean honestly, did anyone really expect the MSM to pick up the helicopter massacre video story when they have so deftly avoided showing the true face of war in Iraq (or anywhere really) or even to report the numbers of murdered civilians (even though every single Western MILITARY death is reported, often with a name and personal story)? How on earth is that Wikileaks' fault?

Anyone and everyone who truly wishes to "deny ignorance" and expose all of the lies and abuses of governments should be supporting Wikileaks any way that they can, even if that is only by spreading the word that it even exists. For those who wish to contribute more, their website lists a few different areas which they need help in and how to go about providing it.

But then again, this is ATS, so therefore there MUST be some conspiracy angle...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
(Not disrespecting to OP) but man, really I dont give a damn unless this guy showed us some hardcore stuff like JFK incident, Watergate, proof of ET presense on Earth and has connection with major governments around the globe. Until then I believe nothing is considered new (killin civilian, spying on civilian, corporation controls government, blah...blah...blah)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I bet this brave man is negotiating with the corrupt governments [to keep their secrets, secret].

Every man has a price, I bet this man does too.

If he had all these informations, he would have posted them already, I haven't seen anything after the last one.

He is just trying to find the highest bidder, that is why he keeps telling us these things, but has stopped producing.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I do admire the work Wikileaks appears to be doing.

However the longer this goes on the more suspicious I have to become of the purpose of wikileaks. Why are they apparently holding so much information and not releasing any of it.

We are constantly getting these interviews with Julian hinting at what is to come. Why are wikileaks teasing the general population with this sort of PR crap. I really don't understand why they are behaving like this. Why don't they get the info out?

Is Julian trying to build himself up as some saviour of society. All I can say is that there motives are becoming suspicious.

I hope we will see an improvement soon.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thought this was interesting post on twitter. However no substance/explanation?

"Real change begins Monday in the WashPost. By the years end, a reformation. Lights on. Rats out.
11:57 AM Jul 17th via HTC Peep "

Then I had a look over Washington Post online today. Was surprised to see this new section 'TOP SECRET AMERICA"

projects.washingtonpost.com...

I am wondering are wikileaks and the Washingon Post preparing to work together in the future?

[edit on 19-7-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I do admire the work Wikileaks appears to be doing.

However the longer this goes on the more suspicious I have to become of the purpose of wikileaks. Why are they apparently holding so much information and not releasing any of it.

Apparently you arent reading that they have to decrypt things, and validate the info. It isnt ATS where any yo-yo can make some insane rant and publish it the same day. No disrespect to ATS, but the two sites serve different functions. ATS is for information, and some of it is good, but you have to use your judgment to sort through "I was abducted by a grey ET in a bunny costume" to get it. (And clearly, many dont) ATS is also a site for entertainment, and the owners arent supported by donations, they tolerate or even encourage the entertainment sector because it brings in the numbers that allow them the financial wherewithal to continue to expand and maintain ATS. Wikileaks attempts to filter out disinfo and crap to keep their credibility as a source of pure information high. This takes time. It takes time to evaluate the validity of "secret" information.

We are constantly getting these interviews with Julian hinting at what is to come. Why are wikileaks teasing the general population with this sort of PR crap. I really don't understand why they are behaving like this. Why don't they get the info out?

Why are we so impatient? Why have we come to expect that anything worth anything can be produced in a split second? It took Adam Smith, for example. 10 years to write the "Wealth of Nations," many of those exposes you see on TV done by investigative journalists take months or even years to gather information, produce, and then whip out in a 30 minute segment. Why are we do instant gratification that we spend on credit to our detriment rather than save for things? I dont know the complete answer to this, but I do know that the FACT that it is taking a while is not a sign that it is fraud. It would be a worse sign if these things were just being whipped out quickly.

Is Julian trying to build himself up as some saviour of society. All I can say is that there motives are becoming suspicious.

I dont think so. He is tweeting to let people know he is alive, and that Wikileaks is not dead in the water, but working. Just like if I were down in a manhole filled with deadly gas working on a leak I would occasionally communicate with the people waiting for me on top to let them know I wasnt dead, even though I was still working, and not finished yet.

I just cant believe the degree of instant gratification people demand and expect. "Me! Its all about me! Just give me everything you have right now! Im not contributing anything to your cause, or working on it with you, but if you dont give me what I want RIGHT NOW I hate you!"

Are we really that childish and immature? Really?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
for anyone interested -

julian assange at the recent TED talks this july.

www.ted.com... html

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I take some of your points on board, I have seen these rasied before and they may well be true.

I just think there seems to be a massive PR campaign behind Assange at the moment. It has raised concerns over what the ultimate goal is.

They should not worry about the profile of Assange. Work on whatever material you have and prepare it for release.

We have interview after interview with Assange dropping hints , eluding to massive disclosures , drip, drip, drip. I certainly have not made up my mind but they way wikileaks is going just doesn't bode well for the future.

What do you think their ultimate goal is? Your opinon please and thank you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It seems as if there are people that do band things for the gov't and they know it, and now that this guy has this site they know they can trust him and want to tell the world what is really going on behind the curtian. WE need more people like him willing to show the world its true ugly face.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I just cant believe the degree of instant gratification people demand and expect. "Me! Its all about me! Just give me everything you have right now! Im not contributing anything to your cause, or working on it with you, but if you dont give me what I want RIGHT NOW I hate you!"

Are we really that childish and immature? Really?

I must say this is a very childish remark. If this is directed at me, I can say I do not hate anyone. With this comment you are implying that there is anger in my comment. I am merely questioning Wikileaks operation. I am not angry at them or I do not hate them.

By using comments like this I believe that you are the person with anger and hatred.

This is happening all too often when you question something that some people are loyal too they take it as a personal attack? The best way to approach the issues raised on sites is to imagine you are asking these questions of yourself.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I just think there seems to be a massive PR campaign behind Assange at the moment. It has raised concerns over what the ultimate goal is.

They should not worry about the profile of Assange. Work on whatever material you have and prepare it for release.

Its harder to quietly "disappear" and enemy if they are a public figure. People have taken Wikileaks to court to try to stop them and failed. Wikileaks has been very clever about setting up their system so that what they are doing in legal. They have even stated something to the effect that they are using loopholes the bad guys have written in place to enable corporations to operate outside the reach of national laws, against those bad guys.

This makes them very unpopular with some very powerful, and dangerous people. Including our CIA, which has essentially announced its intent to just off people it feels are supporting terrorism. Including US citizens. His life is genuinely in danger. Somebody just offed a whole government, (Poland) by placing the landing lights in the woods so that they would come down short of the runway. (Or at least thats what it looks like to me from what I have seen) Bad stuff is happening in our world right now. People are grabbing for power and disembowling democratically elected governments, or, in the case of the US, keeping in place the appearance of freedom by blacking out our non evil potential candidates in the media. Giving us a choice between two evils and making it hard to see we could choose a non-evil.

I feel Assange is doing everything right. Moving about. Making sure people know who he is, what he is doing, so that if he disappears, we will suspect that the PTB got him, rather than never notice at all, which is what the PTB would prefer. It is dangerous to their illusion of "everything is ok, be apathetic" for them to use too much force, too much lawlessness, and too much assassination.

What I think Assange's goal is is simple. Let people see what is being concealed from them by these powerful forces so that they can use their remaining democratic processes to stop this gutting of democracy before those democratic processes are openly done away with and the only option is out right rebellion.

I dont know about you, but I would rather VOTE these megalomaniacs out of power than have to fight a long brutal bloody war to get them out once they do away with our Constitution and our pretense of democracy. And thats the direction they are moving. Little by little they are setting the stage for doing just that, and like a frog in a pot of water in which the temperature is slowly being raised, we are not acting to save ourselves.

Assange is trying to show us the communications that will allow us to realize what is happening so that we can do something about it before we end up cooked.

Thats how I see the whole thing, anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join