It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder: Site getting tons of 'high caliber' disclosures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

WikiLeaks founder: Site getting tons of 'high caliber' disclosures

www.cnn.com

WikiLeaks.org, the website that released secret video of a U.S. airstrike in Iraq that killed a dozen civilians, is "getting an enormous quantity of whistle-blower disclosures of high caliber," the site's founder, Julian Assange

He later told reporters that "there are many things which are very explosive."

The 39-year-old Assange, who has gray hair swept back behind his ears, noted that WikiLeaks operates in several countries, including Iceland and Sweden, where, he said, laws give protection to the disclosures made on the site. He said he had to cancel three public appearances in t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Man... I wonder what other type of information this brave man has...

It sucks that the releast journalist out there is almost a fugitive!
Says so much about the life we live in right?

National security nothing!
That word has been thrown around more often than a used pair of skates.

How incredibly stressed this man must be.

Doesn't that change America's motto?

U.S. troops goes to war so we don't have to?
LIES

The truth is Assange puts his life in danger for us.
Now i'm not trying to put him on a pedestal or anything but his position and his work is more important than him at the end of the day.

What a Crazy World!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So when is any of this info even going to be released? Seems like we are still waiting for the other leak mentioned months ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Something stinks about wiki leaks!!!!! I believe it has become a front for some 3 letter agency I would stay 100 yards away from it.

I believe they have sold out and now work for the other side.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Now?

Sorry but for me Wikileaks was always a shady site, that either is a US government site or some other piece of crappy. Especially since this site always seams to have "hot" vids and stuff and everything, but nobody really cares about the crap. Like the oh so awesome Iraq video, nobody cared, except for people on conspiracy sites. It didn't make the news worldwide, nobody cared, most people don't even kow about the video. It wasn't shocking, it wasn't anything special.
For me, that site is just bull# and nothing else, even if it has nothing to do with CIA or whatever, it may be just a guy who releases crap, to make money. I won't even know how many people donated a #load of money to that "guys" account

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wikileaks has been less than authentic with the released footage of the shootings in Iraq. That film was heavily edited and the unedited footage did shine a different light on it, I thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
wikileaks is a grand distraction

i want them to prove me wrong by actually releasing something that might make a difference or prove something we didn't already know

how about they hack into some UFO related material?

how about they hack into some BP and government related files and make a difference there?

so far they have proven, in my opinion, to be nothing more than a distraction, government facilitated or not

[edit on 7/16/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 7/16/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I totally agree.

It's funny how he kept saying he would release a video that was supposed to really shake things up but never did. Why tell the government your gonna post a video of their crimes beforehand ?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Look, war is hell! Nobody likes it.
What I don't get is when the taliban captures our boys, wrap rope tightly around their wrists and ankles, video tape this and hack our people to pieces. Where is the uproar on this?! Where was milk toast Assangle when this happened?
AssAngle is nothing but a self notoriety seeking, *snip* punk that get's his jollies by dividing the people of countries into the "likes and dislikes."
When this punk disappears and is never heard from again, I'm opening up a bottle.
Good riddance assangle.
Further more, no star, and no flag for supporting this dirt bag!
But I'll give you this

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why the # isn't he release them ? He's going to die anyway.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I understand the concern about Wikileaks, but I really disagree. I think this guy has good intentions mixed with a bit of desire to be recognized for them. He's human, he's not perfect.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ok I'll try to reply to some questions about wiki leaks, well except Violater1's since his "true American patriotism" hits every Assange thread
:

# Julian cannot simply "hack" top secret info about secret space aliens or BP's evil plans to dominate the world. That's not his full-time job.

# Material he gets is usually encrypted. It takes lots of work and connections to decrypt it. One can't just simply "hack" it.

# The famous Iraq video did make the news around the world. But yes, one could say nobody cared. I won't comment on how "heavily edited" it is.

# Claiming you have some form of government secrets to MSM is a known way of preventing your immediate car or plane "accident" for whatever reasons. It works when you do actually have them.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Something stinks about wiki leaks!!!!! I believe it has become a front for some 3 letter agency I would stay 100 yards away from it.

I don't think so. WikiLeaks is being set up in a different form in Iceland where there will be legal protection...

The concept is real and I can't wait for some of the material to be made public...there is a lot of stuff that needs to be addressed in the public forum that is being hidden under false pretensions...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The only thing I have to say to Mr. Julian Assange is. .. ...

Release the snipping information already! Now please!

The whole post industrialized worlds going right down the toilet, and this man supposedly with the keys to help vchange the outright thievery and murder....

Yet he holds it???

I'm of two minds when it comes to Assange either he's legitimate or cointelpro in coperation to help set up the draconian internet sensorship and takeover powers.
Either way his "threat" is creating another "need" to steal freedoms from individuals.

If he's for real he should databomb mass chain email the whole world to the point they can't stop the truth. But it seems he's at best just his websites own hypeman thus far...

That could also wind up with him getting more disclosures, we shall see.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Glad to hear that Assange is well and doing fine and working hard and look forward to future reports from a real investigative journalism site that takes the time to verify but not the time to spin.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I believe you work for the other side. See how that works? Beliefs are a dime a dozen, everyone has them, and they usually only matter to ourselves.

Edit to add;

I also think that he DID have the massive amount of leaked material Manning claimed to have given him, and that he cant admit it is from Manning and has to allow time to pretend it is leaking in independently, and in any event, how fast do you think someone can reasonably sort through a massive amount of stuff and decrypt it.

We will see when we see. And if it is good stuff, we will know it when we see it. Or at least some of us will. Some people could have a pile of fantastic land on their plates and they would still call it # out of habitual ingratitude.

Or malice.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I believe you work for the other side. See how that works? Beliefs are a dime a dozen, everyone has them, and they usually only matter to ourselves.

Well if I said I had a bunch of information and was going to release it and then just changed subjects after the heat was turned up I would think I was in on it too.

But nice try this has nothing to do with me. And to deflect like that is pathetic at best. But I understand this kind of behavior on ATS nowadays this place has become a circus.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
talk, talk, talk...

Please tell me when this "explosive" info is actually released.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

But nice try this has nothing to do with me. And to deflect like that is pathetic at best. But I understand this kind of behavior on ATS nowadays this place has become a circus.

Whoa!

She actually just used you as an example to represent that such a claim can be made about anyone...She wasn't making it about you.

And there could be very valid reasons to withhold the information. I kind of think that, given the media dilution with irrelevance and repetitious propaganda, ideaological rhetoric and the fact that most people accept what they are told, helping along a media blitz to gain more attention on alternative and even state contradictory information is a good ploy.

It's similar to an ad campaign perhaps...but applied for information that people need to know...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

But I understand this kind of behavior on ATS nowadays this place has become a circus.

But ATS has always had its share of people who contribute little more than frothing at the mouth and making baseless claims.

And while you are at the circus, why not enjoy some peanuts rather than just flinging poo?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join