It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting your maker vs. heaven and hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Is it basically the same ?
If you say, someone is going to meet his maker, doesnt that mean each and everyone of us has his own individual maker ?
And what about heaven and hell, does that come after you met your maker, or does this only come if you lived a religious life ?
What are your thoughts or knowledge about this phrase "meet your maker" ?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I always thought it ment to die and go to Heaven.

However, when I was younger and somewhat confontational I would say, Prepare to meet your maker because I'm going whip your butt.

Thanfully I have mellowed in my older age. Besides, too old to whip butt. Would have to shoot the problem maker now.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

something makes me thinking, isnt with the expression "maker" meant, that one creator of all life ?
shouldnt you have said: "prepare to meet OUR maker" ?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by icepack]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

If you say, someone is going to meet his maker, doesnt that mean each and everyone of us has his own individual maker ?

That isn't really the suggestion.
The phrase "meet your maker" is about coming up for judgement, "standing in front of him", as it were.
So the idea is that each of us comes in front of him as an individual- at that particular moment, it's a one-to-one thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

my question now is, when you meet your maker, is it then for the first time ?
how does this maker influence my life, how does my maker influence wether i do good things or bad things in life ?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'd prepare to meet my maker, but Dr. Frankenstein moved....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

my question now is, when you meet your maker, is it then for the first time ?

Those who believe in God believe that God is involved in their lives all the time. But this is normally a kind of "invisible" involvement.
The idea of the "meet our maker" phrase is that you come up straight up against him, face to face. (I'm not insisting on taking this picture literally- I'm just trying to bring out the thought behind it).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

i wonder, if dr. frankensteins maker made dr. frankenstein, isnt the "monster" origined from that same source.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am not a religious person, though I was in my earlier days, but I don't believe in a "hell". I think this was a concept brought about by the RCC. If you believe in a caring god, why would he torture sinners for eternity? It's a construct to control the masses imo. It's not even backed up by scholars. "Sheol" and "Gehennah" literally meant "The Pit". Where dead bodies were thrown. Not a Lake of Fire" where one dwells for eternity.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
'meet your maker' is just a line they say in 80's action movies. Our maker can not be met, we can not meet him, shake his hand, etc, our maker is an eternal process of creation which we can experience via our subconscious mind. So if you want to meet your maker, all you have to do is turn your mind upon itself and SEE with your mind's eye.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the question...

IMO, the way I see things...

All life, every organism...we all all brothers. And we all spring from the
well of life that is God, and we all return to it. I think consciousness
continues, I think it evolves in in the same way that we witness nature evolve.

If there is a hell, it is a cold dark place devoid of life...if there is a heaven
it must be like the core of a sun, teeming with motion and the purity
of light.

If there is a punishment then it should be to be experience the emotion
of all the living entities you have wronged...and if there is a reward it
should be to experience the emotions of all those living entities you have
aided...

top topics

join