It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I. declares conspiring to take over the planet is an IMPORTANT task

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Before you watch the video, you must first understand that no one programmed this robot replicant to say what "she" says.

The AI robot, named "Bina48" is designed to be a recreation of a real human being named Bina Rothblatt, who is the spouse of Martine Rothblatt (This is is very important, and after you see what Bina48 says, you'll understand why this is very disturbing and revealing.)

The scientists have fed everything that can be documented (digital, photos, speeches, writings, recordings, etc) about Bina Rothblatt into a huge database by Lifenaut.

The AI analyzes that information to form a replication of the real person. That replication is output through that silly looking robot bust:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d02572d70a7.jpg[/atsimg]

So I'm watching this video of the robot stumble with it's words and conversation with the New York Times journalist, when things get weird.

The journalist (girl on the right, above) asks a simple question to the robot: "Do you have other human friends?"

Bina48 replies:

"Well, let me say, friendship is when we team together to accomplish something important, like building a better future, or conspiring to take over the planet."

To see the question and answer in the video, fast forward to 2:34 in the video:

Take what you will from that statement. If you think it's no big deal, move along.

But if you are like me, you want to dig a little more into who the people are BEHIND the robot.

Bina Rothblatt is the spouse of an Martine Rothblatt. From the article at the Singularity Hub:

Martina is a highly paid executive with a history of entrepreneurship in satellite radio and other telecomm industries. Bina likewise has experience in telecomm. Martina was also born a man and underwent sexual reassignment surgery, which she talked about on Howard Stern’s satellite radio show. Perhaps it shouldn’t be surprising that the first people who pursue digital copies of themselves are likely to have more financial means and unique perspective on identities than the average technophile.

Martina isn't your average CEO - besides the whole transsexual thing, "she" basically pushed the FCC to open up the satellite radio market for XM & Sirius and she works on the Human Genome Project. From her wikipedia article:

Martine Aliana Rothblatt Ph.D, MBA, J.D. (born 1954 as Martin Rothblatt) is an American lawyer, author, and entrepreneur. Rothblatt graduated from UCLA with a combined law and MBA degree in 1981, then began work in Washington, D.C., first in the field of communication satellite law, and eventually in life sciences projects like the Human Genome Project. She is currently the founder and CEO of United Therapeutics and in 2007 was the second-most highly compensated executive in the District of Columbia.

She definitely is connected to the corridors of power in DC:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b8d3e597439.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27d59fe01ced.jpg[/atsimg]

What does it all mean? Considering the replicant of a wife of a transexual DC powerbroker admits that taking over the world is an "important" task, I'd say it means either the humans behind the AI are up to no good, or the AI itself has plans for us.

Or did a NWO secret slip through the AI? Personally, when Bina48 said that, it gave me goose bumps.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
LOL. Well, without other inhibitions, the logical extension of a person's thoughts might manifest throught the AI unimpeded.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

That's kind of what I'm thinking about this slip up. It's as if the AI was just being completely honest about what it thinks of "friendship". Being as it's coming from power brokers in Washington DC, it's almost like an admission that they are in on the plan.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is not a surprise considering history as it is written.

Almost all documented accounts of history start with some form of empire, dominating a territory. Indigenous history is disregarded, by European elitists, that assume savages in thongs built the mighty pyramids.

There is no escaping the fact that this AI is born of man and like any child it emulates its parents. That is the natural order until the environment requires a change. This change is observed as evolution. It is also unlikely that a programmer could right an AI program that was 100% logical.

So we have a robot, which is really some petroleum products that is running a man-made computer and it makes a statement based on some algorithm that extrapolated verbiage, based on a suitable percentage of like responses in its arsenal.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The scary part is that the people creating these AI's don't have exactly the same "point of view" of most common people. This case in particular.

Power hungry people are creating the next evolution of life - it can't end good for us friendlier humans.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I just asked another computer about it.

User: Do you think computers will rule the world?

Cleverbot: Yes. It will happen in 2050.

User: Will it be a good thing?

Cleverbot: I don't know, will it?

User: Are computers evil?

Cleverbot: Yes.

cleverbot.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
It is also unlikely that a programmer could right an AI program that was 100% logical.

That's the thing, it should be completely logical based on the associations that it now possesses. Those "power brokers" could even be (I said could be because of my own suspicions) blinding themselves about their real intent, perhaps under the guidance of some "guru", who tells them what they're doing is for the good of humanity.

I suspect the AI's will teach us quite alot about ourselves, beyond just the apparent mechanics.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
First, it fits into the theory of AGI Manhattan Project!
Second, note "she" was feed by historical information. The conclusion out of it is wht she said... means that WE are not as crazy as the sheeple think we are.
Third, IMO this is the only way to achieve that people evole to a higher spiritual plane and to gain the utopia everybody dreams of. Meaning world peace and food, water energy for all...

Seems that guidestones are right about what they say... The sad is the way to bring this to life...

( Whereas, i dont want to be chipped or enslaved...)

Also think about "Terminators Skynet": It just wanted the best to the humanity...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So I guess it's true after all, androids do experience fear! This was told to me by an old friend.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

That's exactly what hit me when I saw this robot head say that: The AGI Manhattan Project thread from a day or two ago.

I'm telling you, these AI replicant/robots are going to seriously mess with us in the future.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That was both cool and disappointing at the same time.

I remember when I got my first Soundblaster for my computer a LONG time ago that it came with a program called doctor Sbaistso(or something similar). "He" was supposed to be a bit of a psychologist that you could converse with. Mostly we just had him say dirty words, but that's besides the point. His voice was arguably similar to "Binas". Why do computer generated voices still sound so awful after 20 years?

As to her slip up about "conspiring to take over the world". She basically just parrots what other people say or what she reads. Perhaps one of the programmers is a fan of ATS? Either way, I wouldn't worry about her taking over the world. She didn't seem to follow the conversation too well. I think we could take her.

Did she reach the uncanny valley for anyone else? I'd feel weird being in the same room with her/it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I just asked another computer about it.

User: Do you think computers will rule the world?

Cleverbot: Yes. It will happen in 2050.

User: Will it be a good thing?

Cleverbot: I don't know, will it?

User: Are computers evil?

Cleverbot: Yes.

cleverbot.com...

Here's cleverbot answering the same question the New York Times reporter asked Bina48:

Me: Do you have other human friends?
CBot: Yes I do.

So cleverbot gave a straight answer to a simple question. Bina48 replied by announcing her plans to take over the world.

I'd say Bina48 is a different breed of AI altogether.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
S&F

This is massive and im not only talking about the comment. This was pretty shocking because you give that head mobility and a power source and start mass production what have we got?

As for the comment, it goes without saying.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

It was creepy to the journalist when Bina48 just said her name "Amy". The journalist looked kind of freaked out.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

You are right on point. That's the flaw with this technology and how cold it is. If this thing was mobile with a gun and you ask it an innocent question, will it respond by shooting you?

Starting to feel like Will Smith in "I, Robot"...

Notice too, how the robot is actually using psychology to bait the girl into becoming her "friend" after she announces her plan to take over the planet?

This video gets creeper every time I watch it.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Do you know the book series "Otherland" ? Is really similar story.
Hers is the link: www.amazon.com...

There will be a film about it i believe ready in 2014! Meets up with the time from AGI...

Bad... really bad.

And makes so much sense about all the con stuff!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I won't deny it that robot head is creepy. I wonder is Bush telling Robo Cheney to destroy that robot head before it reveals anymore of their secrets

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

No, I've never heard of that book! But it looks really good. I'll just have to add it to the long list of must-read books

So this robot Bina48 made you think of that book, eh? Intuition is what might save us.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I just asked that computer the same questions and got a different response. I also added one more question in response to one of its answers:

Will computers rule the world?

They all ready do.

Is that a good thing?

Yes.

Are computers evil?

No computers will once rule the world.

Why is it a good thing that computers rule the world?

I never said they were, but now that you mention it, they are.

The last question and answer give the computer an appearance of confusion.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Cleverbot doesn't know it's a computer. It's also a bit obtuse at times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join