It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Bomb At Mexican Border Kills 3 People, Including Police Officers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Text(CNN) -- A car bomb killed at least three people in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, the city's mayor, Jose Reyes Ferriz, said Friday.
It was the first time a car bomb has been used to attack federal police, the mayor said.
"The violence is escalating," he said.
Two police officers and a paramedic died and seven people, including a local news cameraman, were injured in the blast Thursday night. A female paramedic was in grave condition, he said.
The incident happened around 8 p.m. in the city's most violent zone. Before the incident, a call to the city's emergency center reported "lots of shooting and killing," Reyes said.

"When the federal police responded, there was a suspicious car there. One of them went to go check it out and when he opened the door, that's when the bomb went off," he said.

www.cnn.com...
www.reuters.com...

Man, things are really out of control down there. 5000 people have fallen victim to the cartels since 2008. The level of sophistication of the bomb is undetermined. graffiti was found as a possible signature for the Juarez drug cartel. Earlier in the day police arrested Jesus Armando Acosta Guerrero, believed to be a leader in the Juarez cartel.

I would imagine the killing of 2 policeman will take this to another level, no?

spec

[edit on 16-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I guess those Islamic Terrorists have opened up bomb school south of the border.

Car bombs have been used before but I don't know if they have used to attack the police before. This is a sad reality that lawless Mexico is the real threat. Dangerous elements can spill over the border at free will and wreck havoc at any border city in the USA or further in.

With this administration charging suits against States instead of militarizing our borders, this threat is very very real to the safety of Americans in the USA also. Just take a look at what has already transpired in NYC, though that person came via loophole....the Mexican Border is a Sinkhole of loopholes. This administration tends to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

IRA have used carbombs pretty regulary, so has the ETA, so why does it have to be an Islamic school?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

IRA have used carbombs pretty regulary, so has the ETA, so why does it have to be an Islamic school?

How many IRA's in Mexico?

Line 2

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Line 2

Probably the same amount as Islamic schools

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Mexico agrees to monitor foreign groups as Islamic Extremist recruitment rate skyrockets

Muslim Terrorists using Mexican Border to Sneak in

Just saying the obvious,
if the obvious still doesn't sink in. Then
the above articles should help out a bit.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply pg, and pardon my ignorance, but what is the IRA and how do you think it might be connected to this?(I may be able to figure the latter, once knowing what IRA means)
I Googled it and got Irish Republican Army and retirement plan info, but I don't think those are what we are talking about?

And if terrorist start working with cartel...yikes!

spec

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Thanks for the reply pg, and pardon my ignorance, but what is the IRA and how do you think it might be connected to this?(I may be able to figure the latter, once knowing what IRA means)
And if terrorist start working with cartel...yikes!

spec

The terrorist are currently working with the cartel and they have been working with them for awhile now. Since the 1980's and big opium boom. Zeleya the ousted Honduran leader had well connected ties with the Taliban. The porous border of Mexico makes it easier for Cartels to ship drug into the US and money out. With that knowledge of the borders these cartels are also helping Islamic Extremists gain entry into the US who will later form sleeper cells.

IRA is the Irish Republic Army who are waged in a religious battle in Ireland. The members who mentioned IRA just spat Horse Manure without researching what my original post was referring too.

Maybe the above articles, and the many more that can be googled might make them aware of the actual threat and how long this has been going on.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Its going to get worse until drugs are legalized, government force is not going to stop anything, violence will steadily increase. I could care less about Islamic terrorists, not a real threat imo, I dont think they had anything to do with this either, just cartels showing their force.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Line 2

Invade ireland and you will know

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
I dont think they had anything to do with this either, just cartels showing their force.

I don't think they had anything to do with it directly, but their presence in Mexico has been there for awhile as many Gov agencies have noted. With that presence comes training facilities for those wanting some training in chaos or terrorism.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

So you have proof that they are setting up training facilities?

Everyone is a terrorist when put in the spotlight. Really American Militia units are just home grown terrorists. They do the exact same thing as The training camps those Middle Easterners. Both train with weapons to eliminate the bad guy. American Militia groups are fond of saying that they will defend their country from all threats foreign and domestic, which is exactly what the "insurgents" are doing for their country.

You really do need to give up on this whole Muslim boogeyman thing, it is getting tired, the horse is dead.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

When you can prove to me otherwise,
I will gladly take my statements back. But Facts
are presented to you already about the presence of
such entities. If you chose to ignore them, then Denying
Ignorance is the last thing you are doing or not doing.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
guuess where the Mexicans learned to make car bombs
the YANKS
Iranians jeeezz

On a warm September day in 1920, a few months after the arrest of his comrades Sacco and Vanzetti, a vengeful Italian anarchist named Mario Buda parked his horse-drawn wagon near the corner of Wall and Broad Streets, directly across from J. P. Morgan Company. He nonchalantly climbed down and disappeared, unnoticed, into the lunchtime crowd. A few blocks away, a startled postal worker found strange leaflets warning: "Free the Political Prisoners or it will be Sure Death for All of You!" They were signed: "American Anarchist Fighters." The bells of nearby Trinity Church began to toll at noon. When they stopped, the wagon — packed with dynamite and iron slugs — exploded in a fireball of shrapnel.

"The horse and wagon were blown to bits," writes Paul Avrich, the celebrated historian of American anarchism who uncovered the true story. "Glass showered down from office windows, and awnings twelve stories above the street burst into flames. People fled in terror as a great cloud of dust enveloped the area. In Morgan's offices, Thomas Joyce of the securities department fell dead on his desk amid a rubble of plaster and walls. Outside scores of bodies littered the streets

jalopnik.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Guess where all of this first came from?

Greek fire and Ancient Chinese gunpowder.

And if you want to go even further back, people first came from Eurasia. The home of all terrorists.

Now lets talk about the present, or are you just a buff of unrelated history.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Exactly.... but i was including the word CAR in my definition.
well buggy...

my link is to the history of the car bomb
Budo's wagon being considered the first "Car bomb"

The Temple prostitutes in Babylon were prolly the first bunch to "blow something up"

Mexicans are smart and ruthless enough without any help from Iran, and they have already invaded the the US, and OBama wants to give them amnesty...so I think Iranians are the least of the Americans worries.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Actually the Zetas were trained by the US. There is also talk of some other cartel branches being trained by the FARC. Pretty sure that many are mexican ex-military.

When it comes down to it does anyone with any type of military training really need special training to load a car with explosives and wire up a way to detonate it?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I guess those Islamic Terrorists have opened up bomb school south of the border.

Car bombs have been used before but I don't know if they have used to attack the police before. This is a sad reality that lawless Mexico is the real threat. Dangerous elements can spill over the border at free will and wreck havoc at any border city in the USA or further in.

With this administration charging suits against States instead of militarizing our borders, this threat is very very real to the safety of Americans in the USA also. Just take a look at what has already transpired in NYC, though that person came via loophole....the Mexican Border is a Sinkhole of loopholes. This administration tends to keep it that way.

Just curious..

How many of these alleged "bomb school" folks have been convicted in an open fair process, and been found "guilty" of "terrorism"?

NOBODY is a terrorist without due process, credible evidence and all that pre-911 founding fathers junk GOP & DNC party leaders have no use for. An American virtue is "innocent until proven guilty", not "guilty because the govt says so"

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hezzbollah has been active in Mexico and S. America since the late 80's early 90's. Helping the various governments and cartels funnel weapons and launder money. So it is hardly surprising that this type thing has occurred.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Dude lol, you have the uni-bomber and the oklahoma bomber in the US killing a crap load of people.

Snipers doing random killings on people getting gas for their cars.

6,000 US Vets eating their own gun in one year.

And you trying to tell me a little # ass car bomb with the level of sophistication to kill 3 possibly 4 people is Islamic terrorists.

If there are any IRA in Mexico they are laughing at your lack of intelligence right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join