It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Ross - Free Mason .... Marketing ploy or blatent spotlight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Was just driving with the kid and he pop'd on some rap channel on Pandora and this song by Rick Ross was playing.

Since when has rappers gone from talking about kickin it to women and drinkin 40 oz beers to talking about occult symbols...

Free Mason Lyrics: Rick Ross feat. Jay-Z

This is for the soldiers
the see the sun at midnight, ya dig
let me slow down
it’s so incredible

[Rick Ross]
I go in the grave before I be a bich n-gga
Better behave you dealin’ with some rich n-gga
we the lost symbols
speak in cryptic codes
ancient wisdom
valuable like gifts of Gold
I embark on life
my path is all math
I understand the codes these hackers can’t crack
I understand these folks expect me to fold
community control to violate parole
I wont fail but a lot of men will
I’m iconic in the field
like Solomons Seal
Uh, it’s just in an intro
allow my flow time to sink into the temple
Free Mason
Free Lancer
Free Agents, we faster
Big contracts, big contractors
built pyramids, period
We Masters
no caterpillers, it was just a lot of n-ggas
A lot of great thinkers and a lot of great inventors
All white mansion, I’m the child of God
All black diamonds times were hard
New Rolls Royce Guess you made it n-gga
all white neighbourhood you they favourite n-gga
you they favourite n-gga
my top back like JFK
they wanna push my top back like JFK
So, So I JFK,
join forces with the kings and we ate all day
right now I could rewrite history
I stopped writing so # it
I’ll do it mentally

[Chorus - Rick Ross]
I go to the grave before I be a bich n-gga
Better behave you dealin’ with some rich n-ggas
Started in the ghetto now we worldwide
Multiplying and I pray to God we never die
(repeat)

[Verse 2 - Jay-Z]
N-ggas couldn’t do nothing with me
they put the devil on me
I would have preferred if n-ggas squeeze the metal on me
Rumours of Lucifer
I don’t know who to trust
whole world want my demise turn my music up
here me clearly, if y’all niggas fear me
just say y’all fear me
f-ck all these fairy tales
go to hell
This is God engineering
This is a Hail Mary pass,
y’all interfering
he without sin shall cast the first stone
so y’all look in the mirror
double check your appearance
b-tch I said I was amazing
Not that I’m a Mason
It’s amazing that I made it though the maze that I was in
Lord forgive me I never would’ve made it without sin
Holy water my face in the basin
Diamonds in my Rosary shows He forgave him
B-tch I’m red hot, I’m on my third six but the devil I’m not
My Jesus peice flooded but thou shall not covet
keep your eyes off my cupboard I’m a bad motherf-cker
it’s HOV
just say you love it

[Rick Ross - Chorus]

[John Legend]
If I ever die, never let it be said I didn’t win
never, never say
never sya Legend didn’t go in (imma go in)
I just wanna die on Top of the World
Makin love to my favorite girl
makin beautiful music
we makin a movie
we knew we was born to do it

[Rick Ross - Chorus]
[End]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Zaanny]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
While i do find the concept of Illuminati ties to the music industry interesting..

I do have this overwhelming feeling that this new "Masonic" influence to rap is more of an engineered marketing gimmik.

If Jay Z sees that there are hundreds of You Tube clips discussing his links to secret societies then he will keep making music that support these claims...It is free advertising right?

I mean isnt the number one rule of PR :

Any press is Good press ??

just a thought,

~meathead

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Very interesting lyrics and some of them make sense Masonically.

It also seems he may be tapping into a little of the Dan Brown coat tail market also.

For the folks who aren't masons -- Does it seem like a lot more attention is being paid to Masonry in the last few years, especially in pop culture?

Ever since joining a few years ago I've tuned out a lot of the noise from outside and except for ATS never really hear people talking about Freemasonry. It makes me wonder if it would make the song more or less popular.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I just saved those lyrics as an another perfect example of what is selling at the minute

I'd actually, no s**t give the devil himself a rap part if it sold records

no just kidding....

but i would support any agenda and it does make sense, but the guy above knows about the big four i presume being in the general circle and about who i have to appeal to and i would fit any, and i mean any agenda to make it, and you see a lot of creatives are against this, i used to be until i woke up and saw the machine that runs the world.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh come on, theres plenty of rap out there that talks about the government and conspiracies, and things of this manner. You just have to know where to listen. This is how you can tell the intelligent rappers from the rest.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

yes, you have to know where to listen

that isn't good business though

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

It also seems he may be tapping into a little of the Dan Brown coat tail market also.

For the folks who aren't masons -- Does it seem like a lot more attention is being paid to Masonry in the last few years, especially in pop culture?

Ever since joining a few years ago I've tuned out a lot of the noise from outside and except for ATS never really hear people talking about Freemasonry. It makes me wonder if it would make the song more or less popular.

now going back to our discussion in the lego thread... could a non mason use similar references in this track

i'd actually like to be a mason, but I believe you need to be invited?!?! The thing I like is the idea of the whole like-mindedness and I presume most of them want to learn. Rufus The Stunt Bum would never be seen again because I'd rather learn from the masters than have to wade through the trudge for nuggets of truth in ATS to be perfectly honest.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lol, I cant believe Jay-Z took the time to reply to the youtube videos about him. Decent song though, nice switch from the same old same old.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

Originally posted by emsed1

now going back to our discussion in the lego thread... could a non mason use similar references in this track

i'd actually like to be a mason, but I believe you need to be invited?!?! The thing I like is the idea of the whole like-mindedness and I presume most of them want to learn. Rufus The Stunt Bum would never be seen again because I'd rather learn from the masters than have to wade through the trudge for nuggets of truth in ATS to be perfectly honest.

You dont have to be invited, its not much of a "secret" society, at least the lower levels aren't, there is probably a local masonic lodge near you, not really all that exciting.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

reply to post by reesie45

yes, you have to know where to listen

that isn't good business though
Yeah its ashame people want to hear about degrading women and sex and drugs but nothing that you can actually learn from.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

i'd actually like to be a mason, but I believe you need to be invited?!?!
No. 2B1ASK1... You have to come to us, we don't recruit.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I personally think that Jigga is involved in the prince hall sect of freemasonry, Lyrics in his music,images on his clothing line Roca-wear, and the symbology in his music video's. I just think that the devil worship part that has been getting alot of attention in the freemason talk is not the kind of light he wants shed on his person image. I mean the guy is definalty involved with the elite.Him and his wife have hung out the the president and the first lady. His wife beyonce sang "At Last" at obama's inaugiration party and jay-z even say's in sogs that he text's with obama. I read in the paper a while ago that jay-z,beyonce and her mother along with other's attended an unschedualed visit with the obama's.Since when is it acceptable for a drug dealing gangster rapper to be friends with the president of the united states.
There is another side to the coin though.
I remember in the early 90's when gangster rap started to get really popular and it really started to have an impression on people.it was like the cool new thing. every rapper started to rap about being a gangster even though they were just "studio" gangster's. it gave them street crediblity and it paved a future for them in the hip hop industry.

I can see the same thing happening now with freemasonry and the illuminati. it give's people the impression that their idol might be involved in some secret society and make the people who listen to their music pay attention to every word they say and watch their video's to see what they might do. it's like product placement but more mental.

what makes me laugh is he did an inteview on hot 97 with angie martinez. for those not familiar with that it is a hip hop radio station in new york. In the interview she ask's him that people are starting to buy into that he is a " illuminati devil worshipping freemason" and he say's that he " dont know where it came from i dont know where it started"...I say it came from him putting that kind of image out there. The she ask's him about the images in his video's and if they are deliberate and if he messing with people and doing it on purpous he say's " NO... NOT ME.." then he goes on to say that he dont believe in christian or muslim he believe that religion seperate people but he does believ in a god. which from what i understand is masonic belief.So now i sit there and say to myself ok well if it's not you then who is the "NOT ME'??. Is it the person who is controling his puppet string's, the director of his video's??
In the song with rick ross posted above he say's a line like " I said i was amazing. Not I'm a mason"...now ive listened to jigga since he came out on the scene and i do like his older music alot bit anyway's. The only song he ever remotely say's anything that would closely resemble
"I'm a mason". is in the song " Run this Town' with Rihanna and that idiot kanye west. Which the actual line in the song that jigga say's is " Aint nobody fresher, i'm in mason, uh,martin margiela"
Which is a clothing line. But for some reason he puts the"uh"right after the word mason like he deliberatly wanted to seperate mason from the rest of the rhyme...Now i sat here and recited the line myself and he really didnt need to add the "uh" into the rhyme cause it would flow fine with out it. So why did he lie outright in this new song with rick ross saying that he said something that he didnt.
there is a song off of his first albumn reasonale doubt called D'EVILS where he talk about the evil beating him down, and couldnt understand the mechanics of the underworld, he talk's about a "higher learning", Now you can sit there and say oh he's just saying that because that is how the dope game and the rapper life style is and those are the situation you deal with and grated that is true. but the part that strikes me is the hook of the song "Dear god i wonder can you save me"
"Illuminati for my mind,soul and my body" "Secret Society trying to keep an eye on me"
Very interesting!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Rick Ross into:

This is for the soldiers that see the sun at midnight ... ya dig? ... Lemme slow down (it's so incredible!)

This is a retelling of the story of Hiram Abiff. He was praying to the "Most High" at midnight just before he was killed, buried and reburied. Soldier refers to "fallen soldier" which is slang for a slain gang member (a "revolutionary soldier"). Rick Ross here is clearly mimicking Tupac Shakur.

The phrase "it's so incredible" is used in "Final Warning" by Dj Khaled

[Hook]

I'd go to the grave before I'd be a bitch nigga

Better behave, you dealin' with some rich niggas

Rick Ross verse:

We the lost symbols speaking cryptic codes

Ancient wisdom valuable like gifts of gold

Freemasonry promises to "make good men better."

The phrase "we don't die, we multiply" is used the movie Bebe's Kids.

"Gold" is an important symbol in Freemasonry

I embark on life, my path is all math

I understand the codes these hackers can't crack

I understand that folks expect me to fold

Community control to violate parole (no!)

I won't fail, but a lot of men will

I'm iconic in the field like Solomon's Seal (whoooo!)

Uh

It's just the intro

Allow my flow time to sync into the tempo

Freemason (what?), free lancer (yeah!)

Free agents, we faster (hah!)

Big contracts, big contractors

Built pyramids, period. We masters!

No Catepillars, it was just a lot of niggas, (uh!)

A lot of great thinkers and a lot of great inventors

Free agents = federal agents?

Rick Ross is known to have worked as a corrections officer

All-white mansion, I'm a child of God

All-black diamonds, times were hard (whoooo!)

New Rolls-Royce, yes, you made it, nigga! (hah!)

All-white neighborhoods, you they favorite nigga (nigga!)

This stanza sums up how Blacks are treated in the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.

"White mansion" and "child of God" are also symbols. "Black diamond" represents the vagina of a Black African woman. It might also be a reference to the TV show Good Times.

In the video for "All I Do Is Win (remix)" by DJ Khaled, rapper Fabolous poses with a chain composed of "black diamonds" (while saying "all black on me," which is similar to a phrase used by Jay-Z in the song "D.O.A.," as well as a phrase used by Lil' Kim in "It's All About the Benjamins"). Fabolous has also used the phrase "all black on me" in "I'm Ill," which contains an unauthorized sample of Jay-Z's voice from the song "A Billi." Diddy appears in the video dissing Jay-Z. Rick Ross also appears in the video.

In the video for "Pretty Girls" by Wale and Gucci Mane, there's a scene where Wale is wearing a t-shirt which says "Free Gucci Mane" and is partially covered by a chain. He's standing in front of a pyramid while Gucci Mane says: "Big black diamond bigger than a black razor/Asian, black, Caucasian, I'm blazin'/Persuasing, so amazing, it's amazing/How they stand there 'cuffed and patient/Wagin' til the perfect time for conversion/My observation tells me that she's Gucci's baby, baby" -- which all rhyme with "Freemason."

The song "Where Y'all At" by Nas contains the following phrase "... amid the proved sickest/Groomed to prove swiftnest/Numeral uno Annuit Coeptis--/That's the language of our Latin ancestors/On the back of our dollar, the plan and the message./In a Rolls-Royce like the King of Nigeria/My criteria: smoke cigars, change rap like Jimi Hendrix/Change rock and roll with a broke guitar/Diamonds flashing/Almost put a million cash in my mommy casket/Seen more green than St. Patrick, trick-trick"

My top [is] back like JFK. They wanna push my top back like JFK (ey!)

So, so I j.f.k. -- join forces with the kings -- and we ate all day. (uh!)

Right now I could rewrite history (whoo!)

I've stopped writing so f**k it, I'll do it mentally (whoooo!)

This is in reference to the operative Masons who began to accept outsiders as "speculative" Masons. Many monarchs throughout the world have been "accepted."

The second grunt sounded similar to Beanie Segel in "How I Could Kill Jigga Man"

The song "La, La, La" by Jay-Z contains the lyrics "He tatted himself the rap JFK"

There is also a reference to the song "I'mma Do It" by Fabolous

Reprisal:

[repeat hook]

Started in the ghetto, now we worldwide

Multiplying and I pray to God [that] we never die

[repeat]

Freemasonry promises to "make good men better."

The phrase "we don't die, we multiply" is used the movie Bebe's Kids.

Jay-Z verse

Niggas couldn't do nothing with me - they put the Devil on me

I [would] prefer [for] niggas to squeeze the metal on me

Rumors of Lucifer, I don't know who to trust

Whole world want my demise, turn the music up

This sounds like a typical Masonic denial, as well as a typical Masonic appeal to sympathy. It is unlikely that this could be an unintentional Freudian slip, becuase Jay-Z does not speak in this manner off the mic. Jay-Z has put death wishes in many (most?) of his songs, this one included.

Hear me clearly:

If y'all niggas fear me,

Just say y'all fear me

F**k all these fairy tales

Go to hell

This is God engineering

This is a Hail Mary pass y'all interfering

He without sin shall cast the first stone, so y'all look in the mirror double-check y'all appearance

"God engineering" here is ambiguous. It could mean "god-making" which is the role of the divine female in Freemasonry as well as other esoteric systems, including Gnostic Christianity. It could also mean that Jay-Z is speaking for God who is engineering his work, which falls right in line with Masonic ritual.

The last line is probably in reference to several conspiracy theorists who have been outed as disinfo agents.

Bitch, I said I was amazing - not that I'm a Mason

It's amazing that I made it throught the maze that I was in

Lord forgive me, I never would have made it without sin

Holy water, my face in the basin

Diamonds in my rosary shows [that] he forgave him

Just after Kourtney Kardashian gave birth to her son Mason, she actually called him "a-Mason."

"Sin" is the name of the Sumerian moon god which is represented by the crescent. He was also known as "Nanna" (similar to one of rapper Foxy Brown's nicknames: "The Ill Na-na")

There is probably a reference to "Diamonds" by Fabolous, whose reprisal is "Diamonds in my damn chain/Diamonds in my damn chain/I'm like ooh daddy, I see you do the damn thang/Got my vote, I'm feelin' ya campaign/I like you but I really like your damn chain"

Bitch, I'm red-hot

I'm on my third 6, but a Devil I'm not

My Jesus-piece flooded, but thou shalt not covet

Keep your eyes off my cupboard

I'm a bad m**********r

It's Hov

Just say you love it

[Reprisal]

He doesn't deny that he's God, only that he's not a Devil. In the song "Hot Toddy (remix)" he is more explicit in this regard.

His "third 6" is probably in reference to this (Jay-Z has called himself the "Mike Jordan of recording")

"Flooded" probably means that his aforementioned rosary is flooded with diamonds.

A typical Masonic -- and Zionist -- reaction to personal allegations is to make a counter-allegation of "jealousy" or "hatred."

This is probably a reference to the songs "Hottest Nigga in the Hood" by Red Cafe, "Drop the World" by Lil' Wayne and Eminem, "I Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem and Rihanna, "Your Love" by Nicki Minaj, and "God In Me" by Mary Mary (especially the video).

John Legend verse:

If I ever die, never let it be said that I didn't win

Never, never, say, never say Legend didn't go-head, I'mma go-head

I just wanna die on top of the world making love to my favorite girl

I'm making beautiful music, we making a movie

We knew we was born to do it

[Reprisal]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you seen any of Jay-Z's rockaware clothing line some of it is blatant Illuminati propaganda like a hat with the all seeing eye on it ect..., i mean he named his brand of clothes and record label off of one of the rumored Illuminati bloodlines and David Rockefeller even came out and said he was part of a secret cabal in his infamous quote....

Now i don't know if Jay-Z and others are playing into this symbology for publicity much the same way WCW and Hulk Hogan played into the whole New World Order conspiracy when he became a bad guy again back in 1996, which i have to admit was genius because what could be worse then the New World Order so it worked out well....or i don't know if Jay-Z is joining them for real to gain the power they possess, because he has said more then once he was having drinks with the "BLUE BLOODS"......dunno.

As far as Rick Ross gos he should be proud of the fact he was a correcional officer he may have made a difference in a troubled persons life and help send them on the right path....but no because of the mest up society we live in the so called gangsta image that the rap community loves and embraces (even tho it's just a way to keep people dumbed down) looks at it as a bad thing.....and people wonder why the black community hell just the community in general is so messed up.....being a correcional officer should be someone you look up to a real role model.....*sigh* and people wonder why this country has no hope.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here's a theory about the Illuminati. Apparently the word means enlightened. Wasn't Buddha enlightened? How about Jesus? How about M.L.K.? How about Muhammed? Do you see where i'm taking this folks? Anyone who stands out as a cut above the rest is frowned upon, singled out and falsely accused. Falsely accused by ignorance, not anyone in particular, just pure ignorance. We all are ignorant at times (according to what is ignorant by whoever)

The universe is parallel for all of us. (you don't have to apply A.I. terms either) I am living this life you live and you are living this life i live. Any combination could be meaningful. I can deny ignorance but i cant deny why we are...ignorant.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

He's not "mimicking Shakur". As you said, the idea of a "fallen soldier" is very popular in gang culture. They feel that they are constantly at war, either with other crews, or the police, or whatever. Therefore, they likely feel the same way when a friend gets killed as a soldier would when his friend is killed in battle. Cormega has a song called "Fallen Soldiers", and rappers such as Nas and the Wu-tang Clan have also made the comparison when referring to death.

And the "Free agents" thing likely doesnt have anything to do with "Federal agents". I think when he says that they're "Free agents", he's comparing them to free agents in sports, as in they are on no ones team. I think you're looking a little too deep into this. Rick Ross has never really been known for his great figurative speech, if ya kno what I mean. His most favorite song consists of just one line that keeps repeating itself. "Everyday I'm Hustlin" etc.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus13

Very interesting POV, i agree with you as i also think this song sounds rather contradictory to jay z's D'EVILS, 'Illuminati want my mind soul and my body, secret society, tryna' keep they eye on me'

Maybe now in this song hes saying 'i never said im a mason', because he knows hes getting so much heat for sayign he is for so long and spreading illuminati signs, symbolism & his rhymes.

But another lyric from D'EVILS, thats intersting is, 'We are all possessed by D'EVILS' he makes it sound as if hes saying 'by DA EVILS' but quite simply its 'BY DEVILS' We are all possessed by Devils ? thats some deep stuff right there, who goes around writing rhymes like that, just for the sake of them being lyrics.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Its actually just an allusion to his struggles from the ghetto and now hes on top, hes part of the "elite". Using a bit of masonic influences doesnt make him part of any conspiracy or secret society. Its the same thing with Kanyes and Jay-Zs diamond hand symbols and all. This is nothing.

Catchy song by the way!

top topics

join