It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World simmers in hottest year so far

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

World simmers in hottest year so far

www.reuters.com

The world is enduring the hottest year on record, according to a U.S. national weather analysis, causing droughts worldwide and a concern for U.S. farmers counting on another bumper year.

For the first six months of the year, 2010 has been warmer than the first half of 1998, the previous record holder, by 0.03 degree Fahrenheit, said Jay Lawrimore, chief of climate analysis at the federal National Climatic Data Center.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Today it is cloudy, but the temp is around 90.

Honestly for me it seems like either an average year, or cooler.

Seems like last year was much warmer around here, but usually the end of July first of August is the peak for high temps here.

What do you think, have temps been higher for you and your area this year?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not that is doesn't happen often or every year but I heard a weather reporter on The Weather Channel say it had been so hot, places were having asphalt melt on roadways causing dips in the road.

I received a candle for a gift and put it in my car and went inside a restaurant to eat and 25 minutes later it was 1/2 melted and my windows were down. It certainly didn't feel that hot to me, not hot enough to do that.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Question is: since how long have the temperatures been taken? Not so long...100-200 years maybe? And the earth is how old exactly?
Sorry but i can't read any more of the "Hottest"-bull# anymore.
Today was a rather cool day, with rain and thunderstorm. Yesterday it was also rather cool. The temperatures are perfectly fine so far and not even close to the brutal summer of 2003 we had here in Germany (before that it was in 1976 or 1977 as the "hottest summer ever" in Germany).

All the fear mongering about temperatures should stop. It's stupid and doesn't help one bit "ooooh the summer is hot, there must be something wrong with the planet, quick, start some conspiracy"

"Northern Thailand is struggling through the worst drought in 20 years, while Israel is in the middle of the longest and most severe drought since 1920s. In Britain, this year has been the driest since 1929."

That's from the article. Basically it says "It has been this hot before" so there's nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I hate to point this out but "The world is enduring the hottest year on record," is incorrect because it may not have been noticed by some people that America NOT= World.

It is way off being the hottest year on record here in Ireland. We are just praying for some global warming!

[edit on 16/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Its a whole system of media lies and I don't trust the batch of info scientist put out either, they dont seem to support each other dividing camps between global cooling, global warming, not to mention other things, pertaining to natural cycles and disasters.

Last winter I thought it was on record and said by the media it was one of the coldest winters on record, and yet while everyone was having these freakish storms we had a very warm mild winter, only touch of snow was in December, and the winter before was the colder snowy one though at the coast its like Seattle temps, and here just a touch cooler in the winter, being an hour from the coast.

Now the summer is warm, not unlike summers when I was growing up, or summers of a few years back. But still we had a very cold spring and June was like March in temperatures. Only now is it hot, breazy here lots too. I remember many years of swimming in April and May, with lovely hot spells that I loved. I am a late spring, summer and early fall person.

Now they're claiming in a year where the world suffered from cold spells and freakish storms and a very cold spring, with only some signs of summer reminiscent to the days of old, that we're in the hottest year yet?

Not at all! And not even according to their reports.

They just seem to spout out according to their wishes "in the moment" whatever they wish like MESMERS.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Originally posted by PuterMan
I hate to pint this out but "The world is enduring the hottest year on record," is incorrect because it may not have been noticed by some people that America NOT= World.

It is way off being the hottest year on record here in Ireland. We are just praying for some global warming!

From the article:

Abnormally warm temperatures have been registered in large parts of Canada, Africa, tropical oceans and parts of the Middle East.

Northern Thailand is struggling through the worst drought in 20 years, while Israel is in the middle of the longest and most severe drought since 1920s. In Britain, this year has been the driest since 1929.

Also, Arctic sea ice has melted to its thinnest state in June.

While Ireland may not be getting the heat that the rest of the world is, it is prudent to keep in mind that Ireland NOT= World.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My AC is out! I am pretty sure this is the hottest day and year in the history of the entire solar system, don't get it twisted!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
well, I'm still waiting for summer to show up! we've had a little over a week of nice weather, in total... I miss the sun.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When it is hotter "everywhere", they don't like to mention the places that are cooler, doesn't fit in their article. In Saskatchewan, it is the coolest summer in 5 years, at least. I came from Vancouver 5 years ago, and this year has also been as wet as a normal Vancouver year.

We're usually not the hottest ever, but we're supposed to be the sunniest province. Not this year, but I am enjoying how cool it is, and I'm even starting to like all these daily thunderstorms.
I'm just glad I'm not a farmer. They aren't doing so good with their crops this year.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

You can have mine... it's been in the low to mid 90s with high humidity on and off since the beginning of June - and I live in one of the cooler parts of the southern U.S.

Never regretted not having A/C until this summer...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Don't anyone dare mention that the world has been hot before. I don't feel like dealing with stupidity.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I agree last year and about four years ago seemed hotter than this year. While it is warm it is not entirely hot, the worst is the humidity but that is normal for summers around this part.

Certainly though last year was warmer and it seems we had more heat warning than this year.

Raist

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

While I agree that fearmongering in the MSM about global warming is about as rampant as fearmongering about BP ending the world on here, the article doesn't seem to mention global warming at all, it does mention El Nino and La Nina, maybe you can say those don't exist either.

Instead it is just relaying information, that on average this year is the hottest year on record. I didn't catch any fear mongering or global warming is our fault and going to kill us all statements.

The article doesn't say that its the hottest year in history, but on record. IE since records have been kept.

This winter here was maybe one of the coldest that I can remember, and the summer seems to be average or on par with other summers.

Plenty of places could be experiencing lower temps than normal, but that doesn't imply that on a worldwide stage the average hasn't risen.

EDIT:

I wanted to add this quote about global warming by Bill Maher....

Even scarier is why people have stopped thinking global warming is real. One major reason pollsters say is we had a very cold, snowy winter. Which is like saying the sun might not be real because last night it got dark. And my car's not real because I can't find my keys.

I think thats fitting.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
IS IT EVER!!

Honestly 25 celicus lately feels like 40... Actual dry, crisp, heat.
Too Hot.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
reply to post by PuterMan

While Ireland may not be getting the heat that the rest of the world is, it is prudent to keep in mind that Ireland NOT= World.

Canada and the US = (North) America so that is covered by my term America and yes whilst they say Africa may be warmer no figures were given. Additionally drought does NOT= warmer, why do you assume this? It has been dry in Ireland also but NOT hotter. I would take issue with the Arctic ice which according to other sources is not in it's thinnest state or it's least extent so far this year.

Add to this the fact that the climate figures are taken now from poorly sited stations and none above 62.5 deg Latitude so yes it is easy to show that it is warmer.

Against that most people on ATS seem to be saying that generally it is colder, or should I say cooler, on average so whilst it may be hot in the States just at present. The article also majors on the effects on the US whilst insinuating that this applies to the rest of the world.

Your remark madam is somewhat petty I feel.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think people are finally waking up to the farce that is global warming.

I could be wrong, but according to Al Gore, shouldn't we be dead by now? If we didn't solve the 'global warming' problem in 10 years the universe was going to explode?

Never been much of a Limbaugh fan because it's his way or the highway. But I think he had a point when he said after the left found out that communism and marxism wasn't doable in the real world, they needed a new alter to worship at.

And TADA!

You will bow to global warming or else.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A warmer world is not a bad thing. Much much better than colder temperatures. An ice age would absolutely devastate civilization.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
I hate to point this out but "The world is enduring the hottest year on record," is incorrect because it may not have been noticed by some people that America NOT= World.

They're not talking about the US. They're talking about an average temperature worldwide. The World = The World

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

mmmm not in sunny lancashire its actually been quite miserable weather lately cloudy and raining

the last real hot summer in the north west uk was in 06
...i tell a lie... 07

[edit on 16-7-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join