It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger mobilizes National Guard to border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

1200 men in AZ and 224 in CA, ridiculous. Thats not enough men to secure a single highway!

I really hope the Cartels start trying to mess with Texas b/c the governor there won't hesitate to send 15000 guardsmen with orders to simply shoot the bastards! Texas will be fine, no problem there. 224 men is a political ploy, if Arnold really wanted to help he would send 10000 of his own guardsmen.

The national guard is at the command of the governors of our states, our governors are the CIC of those units! WHEN DID OUR GOVERNORS FORGET THIS?!?

Our states need to blow off Obama and do what they need to do to secure their own borders. If the federal government won't do their job then the states have the power to act, THATS THE LAW!

If our federal government quibbles or threatens the states then we know(As we already do) that the federal government is more interested in pleasing the foreign countries than the domestic ones.

Oh yes, I said domestic countries. Our states are simply small little countries. We even refer to other countries as states. Its about time our "States" take action and do what is needed. AZ should send as many men as they can, CA should follow, and TX should do what we already know they will when they start having this problem!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by memarf1]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

Yep! Car bomb aimed at police and rescue workers killed three in Ciudad Juarez today. (Just across border from El Paso, TX)

They cartels there have already put a bounty on El Paso police personnel. The Mexican officials made an arrest today, and the car bomb was the answer to the arrest.

In one way I hope we never have to deal with this crap, and in another way I hope these thugs get a chance to see what happens when they mess with the wrong folks.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I believe the 224 CNG will be clerical positions for support only. Probably no guns, but their pencils will be sharp.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In the past the National Guard has typically been unarmed on border postings and were there to assist ICE and DHS- the fact that will be armed is somewhat significant in my opinion.

I also think this is going to make the administrations' lawsuit against Arizona a little more complicated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join