It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger mobilizes National Guard to border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Schwarzenegger mobilizes National Guard to border

www.mercurynews.com

The Associated Press
Posted: 07/16/2010 10:50:56 AM PDT
Updated: 07/16/2010 10:50:57 AM PDT

SACRAMENTO, Calif.—Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is mobilizing members of the California National Guard as part of a federal effort to deter drug trafficking and illegal immigration along the border with Mexico.
His order on Friday supports President Barack Obama's plan to have 1,200 National Guard troops support federal border protection, customs and immigration agents.

Obama asked California to deploy 224 Guard members for as long as a year.

The move comes amid a national debate over
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.cnn.com

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't have much to say about this. Just a news update. I'm sure there will be many, many, many comments. So let's get the ball rolling. Quite a week.... eh? BP's cap. Arnold's directive. Mel Gibson's tirade. What's next. Oh yeah... the sky is falling. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!.

www.mercurynews.com

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Do they have guns with ammo this time? Or is it another sideshow where they are at the border with binoculars and metal batons?

link   
The "California" National Guard

They need a sheriff with a .50 cal machine gun....lights out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by solarstorm]

link   
No comments really other than to ask why now? Is he aligning with Arizona? Because this is in the public conscious? Maybe he's feeling the pressure.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I don't have much to say about this. Just a news update. I'm sure there will be many, many, many comments. So let's get the ball rolling. Quite a week.... eh? BP's cap. Arnold's directive. Mel Gibson's tirade. What's next. Oh yeah... the sky is falling. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!.

www.mercurynews.com
its about time he did something.
why cant they send all the national guard instead of just 224 ,they are doing nothing anyway....

also is the bp oil ooze thats in ghostbusters 2? ...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is a perfect strategy.

There is no other state in the union with more experience at beating Mexicans.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by zroth]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Probably because of this ...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Cats and dogs living together.

In sin!

Arnold is going to invade them.

I dunno, We still have the 2012 thing to look forward to, Also North Korea etc.

I can't wait until the whole planet goes up in flames. It will save me a load of cash in bills alone.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Personally, I'm looking forward to the coming global zombie apocalypse. :-)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Middle Eastern borders are more important...

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Come on. You guys know the answer to this.

Summer is waning, November is getting near, public outcry over the border situation is hitting mainstream. Tea Partiers are having impacts on local, state, and national polls, and politicians are making strategic adjustments.

Politicians always do what appears to be popular. The "appearance" of securing the border will help some politicians in some tight races. Hopefully the population sees right through this. Orders and lip service will not secure the border. If they want my vote, I want to see some arrests or firefights as proof of their 'actual' efforts.

I wonder if Arpaio (sp?) will run for President?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Someone needs to tell Arnold that they meant the Cali/MEXICO border, not the Cali/Arizona border

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Elostone]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
this is not Arnold's decision
he is only following Obama's
directive.

But it won't do any good ....
only 224 NG Troops along the whole
Mex/CA border is like trying to use a toothpick
to prop your car up to change a flat tire.

Plus no guns or ammo
no directives to enforce immigration laws

what's the purpose to send them ????

It is a waste of federal funds to send them
just to observe.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

All of your points are relevant, but I think another factor has to be brought to bear.

The recent Arizona policy change has made a significant section of our border less 'open' and for the sake of ease, the criminals are shifting operations to concentrate on less 'secured' areas... like Texas and California.

I wonder if Texas will be the next state to 'push back'? I suppose the new authorized UAV overflights could be useful here.... but somehow it seems that's not what they had in mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Perhaps this is the answer to the thread that asks "How will martial law be implimented?" (paraphrase)
I think incrementally is the correct answer. One step closer...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Good Point.

If the AZ law is successful, then that puts pressure on the neighbors. Either allow influx of illegals via your Mexico or Arizona border, or take action to stop it like Arizona is doing.

I still think the deployment of the NG is purely for show, but the AZ influence is having unanticipated effects. GOOD!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I ve got an idea, why arni could take the 200.000 state worker he ripped off put them on the front line and give ar 15

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kodiak60

Did Arnie rip them off or did the workers and their unions rip off the people of California by demanding to be overpaid while at the same time receiving a benefit package that most private companies cannot even afford to give to their employees.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by kodiak60

Did Arnie rip them off or did the workers and their unions rip off the people of California by demanding to be overpaid while at the same time receiving a benefit package that most private companies cannot even afford to give to their employees.

I don't know about California, but I am a State Worker in Florida, and we make far far less than our private industry counterparts. I could literally triple my salary by doing the exact same job I do, do it for a private contractor, and contract with the state, to do the same job!??

The benefit package is very, very good, the time off is good, the State Holidays are good, and that is why I chose to leave my Private Job, and go to work for the state. However, I could not live on $1 less than I am making now. If they cut my wages, I would be forced back to the private industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join