It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Markey says Congress unable to "PUBLICLY disclose" integrity of wellbore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Rush Transcript Excerpts

COOPER: Congressman Markey, on I think it was June 23, you wrote a letter to BP, one of the many letters you’ve — you’ve written to BP, that they haven’t really responded to.

This one, you were asking for detailed information about the wellbore, about the — what they knew about the seafloor, about the status of it. That information is obviously crucially important now. Have they — and, yesterday, you were saying, look, they haven’t responded. Have they responded at all over the last 24 hours?

MARKEY: They have not responded.

And, again, I wrote back there on June 23, so that we could publicly disclose what the integrity of the wellbore is, we could publicly disclose what the integrity of the geology around the wellbore, so that we could better understand. …

Can it withstand that extra pressure, as the oil is now backed up? Can the soil, can the rock, can the sediment around the well withstand the additional pressure?

And, so, all of this is key information, which is why I believe the federal government has been wise in ensuring that BP move much more slowly than they had intended on doing. BP really has wanted to shut down this well as quickly as possible, although their incompetence has made it impossible for them to achieve that goal.

But, recently, they have wanted to move more quickly, and the federal government, led by Admiral Allen, has forced them to slow down, so that we don’t take something and make the cure actually worse than the disease by having this pipe or the rock formation around this well actually now spring leaks and make the problem even worse than it is now.

It seems BP and Obama are controlling information even from congress people... corporatism is fascism people.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Surely these are the things we (the public/citizens) need to know. If they were open about everything then I am sure all the rumours and conspiracies would stop. You call something a secret and fail to disclose then ultimately it will become a conspiracy or it could serve to discredit those whom we should be able to trust.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have seen this on the news and wondered what are they hiding from the people about this wellbore. If nothing is going bad they should be able to answer the questions that were asked. I find it hard to believe that the wellbore is in good shape after they said there were problems when they did the top kill. This is what makes it look even shadier when they don't answer the most basic questions.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
BP and OBAMA are controlling what you know about the spill huh.

Obama and Congress know what BP is telling them the same as you do. Its amazing to me the attempts to politicize this disaster by the right. If BP is in league with anyone it would be Bush, Cheney and the republicans.

It wasn't Obama and the left screamin "Drill Baby Drill".

[edit on Fri July 16th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Obama and Congress know what BP is telling them the same as you do. Its amazing to me the attempts to politicize this disaster by the right. If BP is in league with anyone it would be Bush, Cheney and the republicans.

If Obama and Congress only know what BP is telling them then that is a pretty dramatic example of how ineffective and out of control that the Obama admin and Congress is.

I thought Lord Obama was going to take control, put his boot on somebodies throat, and take charge. Now you are saying they are just like a bunch of little kids waiting to see if Daddy will give them permission to go assault the ice cream truck trodding down their street.

It is only being politised to point out that Obama and his Marxist buddies are either completely ineffective and/or out of control or they are milking this to pass their beloved Cap and Trade to pay tithes to the Great Climate God.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I can't help but think that the government either has something much more alarming in plan, such as killing off a huge chunk of the population, or perhaps they know the effects this whole oil disaster is going to have in the end, and they don't want people to panic so they have to keep quiet

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by damwel

If Obama and Congress only know what BP is telling them then that is a pretty dramatic example of how ineffective and out of control that the Obama admin and Congress is.

I thought Lord Obama was going to take control, put his boot on somebodies throat, and take charge. Now you are saying they are just like a bunch of little kids waiting to see if Daddy will give them permission to go assault the ice cream truck trodding down their street.

It is only being politised to point out that Obama and his Marxist buddies are either completely ineffective and/or out of control or they are milking this to pass their beloved Cap and Trade to pay tithes to the Great Climate God.

It is exactly this kind of nonsensical hyperbole that exposes your partisanship.

second line.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
may people do not know that companies CAN disclose information to the government in a way that restricts the government from passing the information to anyone out side the government.

In the mining trade i had to get permits from the government and i posted on all forms for these permits. "proprietary company information not for release to the public"

Why!! because the government if riddled with people from the environmental movement that will use any information you give to the government to harass you. some of these government employees are members of Earth First or ELF Earth Liberation Front and these groups are listed by the government as eco-terrorists groups. both of these groups are supported by the leadership of the Sierra Club. the one time leader of Earth First later was a member (dave Foreman)of the board of directors of the Sierra Club,
Dave Foreman was paid by the Sierra Club and The Nature Conservancy. to run earth first.
en.wikipedia.org...
These government employes are in the forest service and the Bureau of Land Management.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...!

top topics

join