It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Ex French Foriegn Legionaires!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am thinking about joining the legion, I wuld lov to hear from anyone who was/is/ knws anyone who was in the legion?? Maybe you could tell me a few things about it and wether or not its worth it? thanks guys
x

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My Dad used to know a bloke who served with them in the 60's. I remember him telling me about a time when he arrested a guy for crashing his car whilst drunk. When they did some checks on him they found out he had gone A.W.O.L. 18 years earlier after serving only 2 of his 5 year stint. They promptly threw him back into the Legion to serve the 3 years he owed them!!!!

Don't mess about with those boys mate. Good luck if you do join them though,they are considered to be Elite, and have a long and honourable history.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
According to everything I've heard and read I sure as hell wouldn't. NCO's and officers still can inflict corporal punishment and there is no recourse. Only rarely can an etranger become an officer. Officers rre supplied from the regular French army.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
they always get battered, they were in vietnam b4 usa and got blitzed, they got battered in WW11 and in various other evil invasions, but hey if you wanna go become a killer dont listen to me, they and you deserve each other.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've met quite a few, there's a high rate of homosexuality, you'll end up with legs like tree trunks and may want to go awol after a couple of years. They have a reputation of being wiped out periodically and you'll have to eat French ration packs which no other country would trade with in Iraq back in 91. In fact I wouldn't recommend joining any military unit at this point in history but if I did the Legion would be at the bottom of the list.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Find information for yourself. dont listen to these biased answer. Plus to that one guy ---
-dude if u want to go serve and protect your country then what is wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Da Man6

Well if he joins the Legion he wont be serving his country, will he?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatestone

What a bonehead. Did the OP ask for your philosophical opinion? No, he asked for those who served in the Legionnaire. You're probably someone who would go into a Benihana restaurant just to scream "Meat is MURDER!" while throwing fake blood at chefs and patrons. Please make your own forum post about your opinion and don't ruin this one.

Back to the real subject:

Sorry, I do not know any one who served in the Legion. I only know people who have served in SEAL and Green Beret units. For a good reason, none of them want to talk about their experiences.

I have a lot of respect for those who served in the Legion. The US should have their own Foreign Legion which is required for immigrants to enlist for citizenship. How else can you appreciate what you have without earning it?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Cant help you mate but years ago I did take a lover who was with them while vacationing in Europe...

Good memories, neither of us spoke a word of each others language but we did not let that stop our passionate one night love affair.

And now you know a bit more about antar...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Légion Etrangère ... it has a very long and very proud history of serving France in conflicts from Algeria in the 1830s to Afghanistan today and everything in between. The Legion has managed to survive 3 republics, 1 empire, 2 world wars, the rise and fall of mass conscript armies, the 1961 General's Putsch against DeGaulle (which raised serious questions about the Legion's loyalty to France and not just to their officers), and the loss of Algeria in 1962 (the Legion's homeland) and they are still going strong.

new topics

top topics

join