It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we all assume Global Warming is real, what then?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I will start off by saying that I think Earth is going through another warm cycle and we have little to no affect on the weather. But since I am not educated in climate science, my opinion is just that. But My question is very relevant to the discussion should my theory prove to be wrong.

What do we do to fix it?

You can point out that there is a problem until you are blue in the face, but if you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.
Are carbon credits going to fix all our woes? Will we need to do something as drastic as outlawing vehicles over 4 cylinders? Maybe we should all work from home.

I would love to hear some real solutions to this issue (assuming of course that it is a real issue) Blocking out the sun seems to be a bit harsh and unproven, so I think that one is out. But please feel free to educate as well as entertain.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mason mike

Well if it were real, which I dont believe, then I dont think we should do anything until we sort out our finances first. No sense in destroying the country in a panic about something that hasn't even been proved to exist.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Global warming as happened in the past. Dinosaurs area, and cooling, ice age, and will continue to happen you can’t stop it

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Nothing, we don't need to do anything.

Humans don't need to interfere.

Remember: one volcano eruption emits more C02 than the entire history of humans.

Feel free to check the facts, but as far as I am aware I'm pretty sure that statement is true.

Prove me wrong and I'll give you a shiny nickel for your troubles.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
why fix it... just addapt.. That is the natural process

Spelling edit Me dumbass... you smart.. hail

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Every time 1 person assumes Global Warming is real a puppy dies, and Al Gore smiles.
Please don't believe the myth, the puppies are counting on you.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I hate this source, but facts are facts.
This is also a good place to see what color ammo your friendly neighborhood gloom & doomer uses.

I used to think that about volcanoes too, but I was wrong. It doesn't make GW any more real in my eyes, but it might help you from being pummeled by "them"

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Every time 1 person assumes Global Warming is real a puppy dies, and Al Gore smiles.
Please don't believe the myth, the puppies are counting on you.

since it was only for the sake of argument, I feel that the puppies were never in any real danger. Just don't look into their eyes.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What we probably should do: reduce emissions of GHGs, move to alternative energy sources, and still prepare to adapt (as we are locked in for a couple of degrees warming).

What we probably will do: pay lip service and act half-assedly until the faeces hits the fan.

"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard, and too damned cheap." Kurt Vonnegut

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well the practical changes need to be radical... But more importantly we need to change people’s mindset away from one which defines happiness as personal wealth and materialism to one that finds more beauty in the natural world then it does in the glowing LCD screen of the latest I-Lap pod palm berry pilot thingy...

How we do that is an even bigger question...

However... i have addressed some of the issues and possible solutions before in my thread...

Think local, not Global

Didn’t get much attention at the time but it’s one of my own favourites, which i believe, address's some of the issues you raise...

Peace

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Isnt the planet getting colder?

top topics

join