It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butterflies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The beauty of Butterflies has always been a source of inspiration for me. It is delightful to watch them in flight as well, like poetry in motion. I recently ran across some of these beauties and thought they would make a nice addition to our Earth archives.
I recall a time in Arkansas when we were camping and the Butterfly "season" was at it's peak. There were hundreds of them dancing around all at once, creating a moment of bliss, making time seemingly stand still.
I am planting some flowers in my garden that attracts them and look froward to the simple pleasure of quiet adornment.
I hope you enjoy these.

Peace

[edit on 16-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Beauty at its purest.

Incredible.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wonderful photos.

I really enjoyed them..you captured their colours well.
Thank you for these............

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have always seen butterflies as just colorful insects. While their patterns and colors may be pretty, their torso still looks like that of an insect. If I had to pick my favorite aspect of the little critters, it would be the way they float around in the air, reminding us of the beauty of Spring. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Nature is wonderfully beautiful...

Thumbs up all around.

Thanks for taking the effort to share.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Hi speculativeoptimist

Liked the simple thread title! And the content - such brilliant colours and such a short life span (in that form). I've tried to photograph them but with a mixed success as usually the little criters move.

Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Very beautiful indeed. I have not seen as many in the past years as I use to - however just this morning I saw 2 swallow tails in flight together - made my morning! Thank you for adding cheer to my day!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
AHH!!!! UFOS!!!! HAHA IM JP but ive never noticed markings of butterflies beautiful!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So beautiful and elegant

They just love the Buddleja Davidii

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
beautiful...just beautiful.
they're my favorite of the insect world.
butterfly sightings in my community are down. so, your photos were good to see.
your pictures are great.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Truly a ray of joy in a world of despair.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by incarnating]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
While quite beautiful pictures and very inspirational to know that some of the best things in life are free, this is ATS.
Next time please imbed an ominous soundtrack with pics.

No, joking leave it just the way it is. S&F.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies so far, and I am glad you guys are digging these pics. The translucent ones are something new to me, I did not know they existed. And yes the dance of these creatures is just a big a part of appeal as their colors and designs.
Salute Mother Nature!

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I haven't seen a butterfly for many years,i remember seeing loads hanging around the garden & my street..that was at leats 3 years ago.
beautiful thing to watch & abserve,laying around watching them go about there lives is soothing to watch.
amazing pics,so much colour & detail

[edit on 17-7-2010 by rhynouk]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Amazing OP!

S&F

I love butterflies.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thank you rhynouk and plutoxgirl, glad you enjoyed these pics.

I feel I should clarify that these are not pics I took, they are gathered from several different sites from all over the world.
I planted butterfly attracting plants last week so I hope to have my own shots in the future. I just felt compelled to share the experience I got from viewing such beautiful diversity on our planet.

Peace

[edit on 17-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ok now you are all going to think I'm a complete weirdo ... but you will never know how difficult that was for me to look at those pictures ... well, skim through them at speed if I'm perfectly honest with you .

I notice all the posts say the same thing ... how beautiful butterflies are ... not so for me I'm afraid ... I have a full-blown phobia of moths and butterflies.

It always makes me smile when people say how they don't like moths but they love butterflies
to me they are the same ... only difference is the shift they work (moths = nightshift / butterflies = dayshift) ... they both stir the same irrational terror inside me.

Crazy I know ... but just a view from the otherside of the coin.

Woody

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey I appreciate multiple perspectives on things and all coins have 2 sides.
I understand the moth phobia, they used to kind of freak me out as a kid when they got in the house, and there are some big moths out there.
Tis true though one person's adornment could be another person's fear.
Thanks for chimin' in.

Now this one might startle someone....

Peace

[edit on 17-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey I appreciate multiple perspectives on things and all coins have 2 sides.
May I ask if you had a bad experience as a child with these insects?

I understand the moth phobia, they used to kind of freak me out as a kid when they got in the house, and there are some big moths out there.
Tis true though one person's adornment could be another person's fear.
Thanks for chimin' in.

Now this one might startle someone....

Peace

Oh my good god ... now that is just wrong

As for my phobia ... don't ever remember being scared of them as a child ... it started when I was about 18yrs old for no apparent reason. If one comes in the house I go out the house. I once knocked a tableful of drinks over in a pub in my haste to get away from one ... didn't even break pace just heard the crash behind me.

I'm not too bad with plain coloured ones ... it's the patterned ones that really bother me.

My son is scared of spiders so we have a deal ... he removes any moths/butterflies and I eject any spiders (it works well)

Woody

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Beautiful Speculativeoptimist!!!

I'm a huge fan of insects.

It's funny becuase I had like 3 "phases" on my life regarding them- first when I was a child- I really liked them, and protected them from other evil children- then in my teenage years I just got disconnected and couldn't stand even the sight of any insect!
and thankfully in my 20s (I'm 25 right now) I recovered the connection and see the beauty in them all.

I never kill any - always took them outside. Spiders, crocoaches- (sp??) everything.
Yes.

Thanks for this thread!- will keep an eye on it

[edit on 18/7/10 by plutoxgirl]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join