It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio on 16th immigration sweep; takes out the 'big gun'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Please oh please can't we have him for just a few years in CROOK COUNTY? I need a new boss with some balls. This is the reason why Sheriffs are elected officials. This way they can enforce laws that their voters want enforced and they don't have to worry about political backlash from some bureacratic weasel that holds the purse strings.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

You don't see any good to this....lets see...less kidnappings, less drugs,less murder..more jobs, more peace, nah thats no good....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pointtech86

I was a bit of a butthead in my response to that and for that I also apologize. I could have worded it better.

Originally posted by Lost in america

You don't see any good to this....lets see...less kidnappings, less drugs,less murder..more jobs, more peace, nah thats no good....

Did you only read my first post? It seems like it. Anyway, you go ahead with your war against the cartels/Mexico. My only hope is to be as far away as possible when this breaks out.

Funny how you would think I was for open borders or amnesty or some such. I'm not. I don't like the fact that most people in my neighborhood and city don't speak English and I cannot communicate with them. Other things I don't like but I won't get into, not relevant. Just saying. Funny, too, how I've become the poster boy for this thread but that's cool. I don't mind, it's just funny how no one wants get on anyone else's case.

I just think Sheriff Joe, doing this without any help from the Feds who have the money and "toys" to actually do this, is going to invoke the Law of Unintended Consequences(does that even exist?) and cause much more than a ruckus. I don't see this going down well at all.

Your mileage, obviously, varies.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I just think Sheriff Joe, doing this without any help from the Feds who have the money and "toys" to actually do this, is going to invoke the Law of Unintended Consequences(does that even exist?) and cause much more than a ruckus. I don't see this going down well at all.

Well, it seems that your major issue is with the Feds. Whay aren't they down there, establishing law and borders? Yet you want to blame it on Arpaio, because you don't know "how this will go down".

It will go down one of two ways:

Joe will 'win', and keep the cartels out of Maricopa County, or

Joe will be assassinated, and the cartels will win a temporary victory until we get a real adult in the White House.

Either way, it will/should bring the national spotlight on AZ once again. I don't know how many times those people need to plead and beg for help until someone takes notice. Obama is a eunuch when it comes to national defense, so in the meantime Joe Arpaio is in charge down there.

Stop whining because you don't know what is going to happen. Instead of waiting for someone to form your future, why don't you get out there and do something about it, like supporting Arpaio?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Well, it seems that your major issue is with the Feds. Whay aren't they down there, establishing law and borders? Yet you want to blame it on Arpaio, because you don't know "how this will go down".

No, I don't blame Arpaio. I blame our government and the people of Mexico.

It will go down one of two ways:

Joe will 'win', and keep the cartels out of Maricopa County, or

Joe will be assassinated, and the cartels will win a temporary victory until we get a real adult in the White House.

Or, it could end up in one hell of a bloody mess. Sheriff Joe has about five dollars of weapons to fight a multi-billion dollar cartel. Sound like good odds to you? Not to me.

Either way, it will/should bring the national spotlight on AZ once again. I don't know how many times those people need to plead and beg for help until someone takes notice. Obama is a eunuch when it comes to national defense, so in the meantime Joe Arpaio is in charge down there.

Stop whining because you don't know what is going to happen. Instead of waiting for someone to form your future, why don't you get out there and do something about it, like supporting Arpaio?

I am NOT whining. I am stating a opinion. Why does everyone have to insult me instead of debating me? I am not a supporter of criminals - especially when they are charges with protecting us and the best he has done is stick a large number of non-violent criminals in to that damned tent city. Arpaio has been a criminal for a long time, therefore I cannot support him.

I will not support this. That is my opinion and has been, unwavering. No amount of insults, and really, I do expect better here on ATS, will make me change my mind. He is bound to piss off a larger and better armed force than MCSO and that will result in making a bad situation much, much worse.

But go ahead and have your war. You want it so badly, obviously.

I don't want the state next to mine to become a war torn area with Americans dying by the droves because Sheriff Joe took a knife to a gunfight. As a matter of fact, I don't want to see any death but this is sure to cause much of that.

So, yeah, I'm a idiot and blah, blah,blah, I've heard it all. If you guys cannot respectfully disagree and can only resort to insulting me then I will bow out of this thread as I don't need this crap. Truthfully, this thread has been a waste of my time.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I am NOT whining. I am stating a opinion. Why does everyone have to insult me instead of debating me? I am not a supporter of criminals - especially when they are charges with protecting us and the best he has done is stick a large number of non-violent criminals in to that damned tent city. Arpaio has been a criminal for a long time, therefore I cannot support him.

Yes you are a whiner and that is why debating with you is impossible. You keep wanting to persecute Arpaio because of your liberal leanings. The man is putting himself on the front line, at a time in his life when he has absolutely nothing to gain from it, and all you can do is whine about tent cities.

And then you insult the ATS members that support Arpaio. Nobody wants a war, but more than that, nobody wants cartels in AZ. Except you, because you are 'unsure of the outcome'. You are willing to sit down with the cartels and "talk". Word of advice: they will talk to you in one room while they are raping and murdering in another room. If you don't realize that, I can't help you.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I am not a supporter of criminals - especially when they are charges with protecting us and the best he has done is stick a large number of non-violent criminals in to that damned tent city. Arpaio has been a criminal for a long time, therefore I cannot support him.

You bring up the word 'criminals' and then you go on to include Arpaio. No word of the cartels; in your opinion, they are not criminals, or at least not as bad as Arpaio.

This is the essence of your views...you would rather attack him than the cartels. They are disgusting, and I can never agree with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Originally posted by Elostone
He and our awesome Governor have my full support, and anyone who doesnt like them can go to prison or leave the state.

And i suppose if you dont like someone or something you can do the same.....?
These Illegals are as much refugees as anything else...
Its americas war on drugs thats so hypofreakingcritical.....
You are a fool if you think you can stop people fleeing the kind of violence the cartels dish out with a bunch of fifties and a huge freaking posse....
These people would rather and will keep on taking their chances with the border patrol, sheriff whats his name, or the army....
The whole thing revolves around the predatory actions of your own goverment....dont you people understand that YOU are all the same as the illegals to THEM...?
The shadow goverment has no loyalty to the USA or any other country....
They worship only money and the power it gives them to control and order YOUR very lives....
The problem lies north of the border my friend....
It lies squarely in the laps of the people who run the treadmill you are kept running on.... down just barely keeping up day to day, year to year....
Sherriff Joe is just another side show of the same old crap...
Making drugs legal would cut the nuts right off of the cartels...
put everything out in the open...
truth is its all a pack of lies what they preach....they tell you things that prove untrue every day...and you still swallow that patriotic drivel?
America has gone berzerk...drunk with its power, its leaders vainly charting the course of world history like little nazi henchmen...
They pay for their excesses in your money and your blood, and they do it...these unspeakable horrors...even unto wounding their own people on 9/11,Oklahoma, and other atrocities,
And yet it is not enough?
How can you be so obtuse...to say you love liberty but only for you and screw the rest...that only you deserve to live with dignity and safety
these here illegals should go back to the war we got going for them down there...yep
Bring out the fifty and gun a few down, things get much worse in mexico and elsewhere you wont be able to shoot fast enough...then what?
Get control of your own goverment man!

ummm...only the 1st 2 lines of this qoute can be attributed to me
silly 2nd

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Elostone]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join