It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio on 16th immigration sweep; takes out the 'big gun'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
After reading a good portion of the replies... I'm left scratching my head at the Liberals.

You don't want to enforce laws..

You don't want to treaten anyone..

You don't want bloodshed..

You don't want to make an issue of trafficing

You don't want anyone to call out the trafficers..

And you don't want to stop them at the border before they even get in...

So what DOES a Liberal want to do? Dig a ditch and curl in the fetal position while the World walks all over you? .. have you no dignity???? The Sherrif, as uncouth he may be, is threatening men who traffic humanbeings.. who traffic drugs to our children.. who break our laws without a second thought and have the audacity to threaten our police and citizens?

And you want to yell at him for being MEAN?

WTF is wrong with you cowards? I really have a damn hard time understanding this mentality. I can only assume its because you live in your sheltered little yuppy neighborhoods where the ills of the World don't touch you.. or embrace ignorance like a close friend.. or perhaps you like the idea of Human smuggling, drug cartels and Mexican nationals threatening our people?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

these cartels in Arizona have set up shop in the Buenos Aries National Forrest.

Are they Mexican cartels or American gangsters or both? Of course you don't know personally. Just going by what you hear.

Furthermore, tell the secretary of the interior to let border patrol and other law enforcement to do their job on federal land.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's about the drug dealers who serve death and bring the terrorists along with them for the ride.

Please don't play the terrorist card. If you were so concerned about terrorist, you would be advocating closing/securing every entry method into America.

Furthermore, those drug dealers are no different than the drug dealers who serve death on American streets all over this country.

We know how to do surgical strikes on these drug cartels.. there will not be a million refuges. Do you really think there are a million 'good' Mexicans hanging out with the drug cartels? There wont be any refuges. If a few good Mexicans are accidentally killed in the process, it's their own fault for associating with the drug cartels.

Don't worry, your lack of compassion for innocent people was expected.

Ask Pakistanis and Iraqis how those surgical strikes have worked out.

It matters not if Americans are working with the Mexican drug cartels. If that's the case they are all guilty and need to be stopped.

I agree the border patrol and other law enforcement like the national guard should be doing their job. If the Government had let them in the first place, we would not have these cartels on our soil.

I have advocated tightening of security at all entry points into the united states in many of my posts. But this situation is unique in that we have a gathering of illegal drug cartels and terrorists camping out inside our borders - more coming all the time they just keep growing. I must play the terrorist card here because we have much proof that terrorist groups are infiltrating the USA with the help of these drug cartels. Do you think we would stop the cartels and ignore the terrorists we find among them?

These drug dealers ARE different than the drug dealers all over American streets. These have crossed the border illegally with terrorists. These cartels are the some of the ones supplying the other drug dealers all over this country. If you cannot see that difference, your blind man.

I do not have a lack of compassion. I would tell the good Mexicans Hey a war is about to start.. if your innocent and have the good sense not to associate with criminals and get away from those guys then you might be spared a lot of deep trouble or getting yourself accidentally killed. This is the same thing that happens everyday to Americans. Cops tell people all the time, if you don't want to get busted, don't hang around with a criminal element.

Why do you wear a Marine Corps avatar? You certainly do not sound like a Marine. Did you join up on your 18 th birthday and serve one tour of duty then get out? Are you still in your early 20's? If so, that would explain a lot.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Something has to be done. Someone has to have the courage and strength to stand up to these cartels. Wether it is Joe or someone else doesn't really matter. Like any other Country, our citizens need protection and they will get it one way or another. Anyone who is against that is on the side of criminals.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
The idiot scumbag that is Sheriff Joe is going to start a war with Mexico and the cartels.

Sounds like a great idea - NOT!

I fail to understand how this POS keeps getting elected. I lived in AZ for a few years and the people didn't seem all that stupid to me but this fool keeps on breaking laws and doing stupid things like this yet is still in office.

Just what we need, we are already in two and a half wars with Iran coming up and he wants to do this.

I fail to see any good come from this.

I guess it depends on your definition of "good". I think it would be "good" and great if all border crossers were scooped up and thrown back over the border as soon as their big toe touched US soil. According to all the major polls, about 56% of Americans agree. Of course some do not. They are a MINORITY, therefore their wishes are not implemented. Certain people do not seem to understand the definition of the word border. Perhaps they would feel more at home in Canada, where even the conservatives are liberal.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

The idiot scumbag that is Sheriff Joe is going to start a war with Mexico and the cartels.

I fail to understand how this POS keeps getting elected. I lived in AZ for a few years and the people didn't seem all that stupid to me but this fool keeps on breaking laws and doing stupid things like this yet is still in office.

Just what we need, we are already in two and a half wars with Iran coming up and he wants to do this.

Your name say's it all.

If you haven't noticed, Mexico declared war on us a few years back sunshine.

you mean the cartel, sweetheart. hurr hurr yeah mexicans wanna come here and kill us all o noes

please stop spreading such ignorance

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The only way the cartels exist in Mexico is because the Mexican gov is corrupt and in bed with them.

Let's all hope that Obama is not too weak to stand up against the cartels. I'm not too confident, though... in the meantime, it's up to men like Joe Arpaio to stand up to them.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I must play the terrorist card here because we have much proof that terrorist groups are infiltrating the USA with the help of these drug cartels.

Go ahead and show me all this proof. Because as of today, there has not been one terrorist event that has led back to Mexico. As a matter of fact, most of them have been LEGAL citizens or LEGAL immigrants.

9/11 hijackers, shoe bomber, underwear bomber, and numerous cells that have been uncovered.

Why do you wear a Marine Corps avatar? You certainly do not sound like a Marine. Did you join up on your 18 th birthday and serve one tour of duty then get out? Are you still in your early 20's? If so, that would explain a lot.

Yeah, guess you got a stereotype for Marines as well. Guess all Marines are gung ho and ready to kill anybody right or wrong. Guess Marines don't have a right to have their own view.

Tell you what, don't worry about my avatar and keep to the topic.

These drug dealers ARE different than the drug dealers all over American streets. These have crossed the border illegally with terrorists. These cartels are the some of the ones supplying the other drug dealers all over this country. If you cannot see that difference, your blind man.

Once again, there wouldn't be much supply if there wasn't such a demand. Cartels and American drug dealers are all the same. In the end, they only want their money.

Your terrorist chant is lame.

It matters not if Americans are working with the Mexican drug cartels. If that's the case they are all guilty and need to be stopped.

Guess we better start some of your surgical strikes on these Americans working with cartels so we can get rid of them as well.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointtech86

Maybe Arizona can finally get the coast it deserves by annexing Rocky Point as a thank you for getting rid of these cartels?

As for whether or not Arpaio should be trusted to bring it down. Who else could you see take a stand against these thugs? Without Joe, nobody does anything. Now people can come out in support of him without getting backlash. He may have skeletons in his closet open to all the public, but at least we know what he does. All government officials do it, Joe just doesn't care because he knows people will continue to vote for him if he keeps up on enforcing immigration laws.

Also, the New Times have been trying to bring Arpaio down for years. I don't think linking to one of their articles is a reliable source of what he's actually done.

In this thread I have NOT put up a link to a New Times article. I suggest you fix this post, find the person who actually did, and berate them. I've taken enough crap in this thread, fine and dandy, but I am not going to get lambasted for something I have not said.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

If you haven't noticed, Mexico declared war on us a few years back sunshine

Fail. We declared war on Mexico with our insane on drugs that can never, ever be won. No one will ever stop the human race from getting high, period, and this is what is the cause of all this crap.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Do you think that Sheriff Joe and his big gun, on the border gunning down Mexican citizens, is NOT going to piss of Mexico, and possibly something really bad could come out of that?

It may not happen but there is a very real possibility of that, so I am not spreading ignorance.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Divided we stand, divided we fall. This is what TPTB want.

I don't see how war helps.

It helps TPTB because we kill ourselves off, just like they want.

It will not solve the problem of why the Mexicans come over the border. That is to escape their war torn country, a country torn because of THE UNITED STATES WAR ON DRUGS, which will never be won. Ever.

Legalize the damn drugs, since people are going to do whatever they want whether it is legal or not. Take the money out of it for the cartels and they vanish.

But whatever, I have said my piece, a number of times, and it's just been a argument. Geez, mostly times I get ignored on this site(for the most part) yet this turns into a brouhaha. So, you guys who think war is going to fix this, have a great time with that.

I wish you well.

I, truthfully, do not think that is the answer, but I am in the minority, at least here in this thread.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I must play the terrorist card here because we have much proof that terrorist groups are infiltrating the USA with the help of these drug cartels.

Go ahead and show me all this proof. Because as of today, there has not been one terrorist event that has led back to Mexico. As a matter of fact, most of them have been LEGAL citizens or LEGAL immigrants.

9/11 hijackers, shoe bomber, underwear bomber, and numerous cells that have been uncovered.

Yeah, guess you got a stereotype for Marines as well. Guess all Marines are gung ho and ready to kill anybody right or wrong. Guess Marines don't have a right to have their own view.

Tell you what, don't worry about my avatar and keep to the topic.

Once again, there wouldn't be much supply if there wasn't such a demand. Cartels and American drug dealers are all the same. In the end, they only want their money.

Your terrorist chant is lame.

Guess we better start some of your surgical strikes on these Americans working with cartels so we can get rid of them as well.

Don't believe drug cartels are helping terrorist cross the border into the USA?

Here.. Let Me Google That For you. - pages of news stories covering this.

lmgtfy.com...

lame you say.. pages of news articles disagree.

go ahead.. read a few of them.. I dare you.

You say, " Once again, there wouldn't be much supply if there wasn't such a demand. Cartels and American drug dealers are all the same. In the end, they only want their money."

So, your saying it's o.k. to let these death dealing drug cartels exist as long as misguided people want to abuse illegal drugs?

What do you propose to do.. heal everyone of their addiction then hope the drug cartels will simply go away?

Sure the drug cartels want money from selling illegal drugs and exploiting these people with addictions. This nasty money making habit of theirs kills thousands of Americans a year in overdoses and violence.

"They only want their money"?? THEY are Not entitled to any money. They are not a legal business. They are thugs, gangsters thieves and murderers.. you wanna condone that activity?

I don't have to mention your Marine Corps avatar.. in light of your postings.. I have made my point. Yes, a Marine can think for himself.. but the since of responsibility for his country that comes from being a Marine and the stuff you spout do not go hand in hand. I do not understand if you have these views, how you can claim to be a proud Marine. The two things are like night and day. I won't mention it again, just saying.

Yes indeed. surgical strikes on Americans working with drug cartels is what we need. That might be half the CIA. I do not propose to go in shooting anyone unless we know for a fact they they are dirty. This can be getting caught in a gunfight with the cartels or them getting arrested for their crimes. But if dirty.. they deserve the worst they can get.. drugs kill people daily.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

On social issues I'm just as much a conservative as I am a liberal. I would be just fine with Arpaio waving around a machine gun threatening to shoot any Mexicans who are in turn threatening people around the border areas with firearms.

But Rockpuck, Joe Arpaio is not serious. For me, its not so much of the message as it is the messenger. If you think he would take a few minutes from his cigar break to help out the minutemen down at the border then you are thinking wrong. The guy is an exceptionally crooked politician pandering to a gullible public. He is the absolute worst of all worlds. Conservatives should hate him for being a pandering sissy, liberals should hate him for his pro-torture positions, and everyone should hate him because he is a career criminal who makes a living destroying innocent people's lives and enjoys it. Just look at all the horror stories about his abuses of power. The guy is a stark-raving power-crazed mad-man and I doubt I'd let the guy within 100 feet of me or a loved one.

If Joe Arpaio would actually want to stop the drug war violence and was serious about it he would have gone on TV and said "Its time for Arizona to stop enforcing drug crimes immediately... right now". Hmmm... now there is actually something that would stop border violence, whereas Arpaio actually increases drug violence by participating in the system that causes it.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I will say it again. Your terrorist threat is lame If you are so concerned about terrorists crossing our borders, you would be advocating the same amount of security on the Northern border as the southern border.

Furthermore, killing a few cartels is not going to stop terrorists from finding a way into this country.

So, your saying it's o.k. to let these death dealing drug cartels exist as long as misguided people want to abuse illegal drugs?

Didn't realize you were my spokesperson. You're Fired.

When you finally wake up and realize that the war on drugs is a failed agenda, only then will you realize who gave the cartels power in the first place. The Mexicans cartels have been on the US radars since the 90's including violating our borders.

Unfortunately, the violence that is attendant to the drug trade in Mexico is spilling over the border into U.S. towns, like San Diego, California and Eagle Pass, Texas. Last summer, ranchers along the Texas/Mexico Border reported they were besieged by drug organizations smuggling coc aine and marijuana across their property--fences were torn down, livestock butchered and shots were fired at the ranchers' homes at night. Ranchers reported seeing armed patrols in Mexico with night vision equipment, hand-held radios and assault rifles that protected a steady stream of smugglers back packing marijuana and coc aine into the United States. The problem became so acute that the State of Texas and the Federal government sent support in the form of additional U.S. Border Patrol Agents, DEA Special Agents, Officers from the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas National Guard.

www.justice.gov...

Does the US really need this kind of violence along its border?

Hell NO. But is sealing up the border really going to solve this problem?

BTW, the article is from 1997.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I do agree with you concerning your views on this inane "war on drugs", the drug cartels would have no reason to come over here if this "war" didn't exist. But we all know that they will never end this "war on drugs" as it brings in too much money for them when they get to incarcirate people and consficate their possesions because they have some freakin weed. So as long as this "war" exists the American people are caught between a rock and a hard place, as well as many LEO's. Something's gotta give here, we have to do something we can't just sit back and allow this to continue. Our fellow citizens in the border states are living in a war zone and it's just not acceptable.

The Fed's response to this problem so far has been to sit idle and let things continue to get out of hand, and put up a GD sign warning people to stay away from a certain area as it is dangerous
Really, that's all they have to offer the citizens of this country ?????? No protection for our people, just a freakin warning sign while our troops are off fighting wars that have nothing to do with us in two different countries and trying for a third

Until they put our troops along the border with the authority to defend it, I will continue to support anyone that attempts to protect my fellow countrymen, be it Sheriff Joe, the militia, or anyone else.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I will say it again. Your terrorist threat is lame If you are so concerned about terrorists crossing our borders, you would be advocating the same amount of security on the Northern border as the southern border.

Furthermore, killing a few cartels is not going to stop terrorists from finding a way into this country.

Didn't realize you were my spokesperson. You're Fired.

When you finally wake up and realize that the war on drugs is a failed agenda, only then will you realize who gave the cartels power in the first place. The Mexicans cartels have been on the US radars since the 90's including violating our borders.

Does the US really need this kind of violence along its border?

Hell NO. But is sealing up the border really going to solve this problem?

I already said in another post I DO Advocate the same amount of security all across our borders But i do not see gatherings of drug cartels in pockets on American soil like i do in Arizona.. do you?

And at other places where that may have terrorists getting in, they do not have armed drug cartel members helping them.. Big difference.

Killing a few cartels will not stop terrorist from finding a way into the country True, But terrorists will no longer have the help to get in from these drug cartels if they are not there now will they?

If the war on drugs has failed it's only because people like you disagree with getting the drug cartels out of the country. So just let them stay?? That's stupid.

The war on Drugs is not a failed agenda, only if you give up. I don't care who gave the cartels power in the first place. That means nothing. There will always be people with addictions does that mean we must let people cater to their addictions of illegal substances?

So the problem may be two fold.. but how you can think that stopping these drug cartels won't help is beyond me.. you have to attack the whole problem at all ends. To do nothing and pass blame around like your advocating is silly.

oh and keep yelling.. it makes me giggle.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

I apologize. I meant it more as a side note to whoever did, not you personally. I also don't want to berate the person who did link there, because they were not from the U.S.A. and don't know what kind of newspaper the New Times is in Phoenix.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

The cartels have brought the wars to southern territory of Arizona. This is the Sheriffs response by pushing back. Sorry if it is not easy enough for you to see.

Please cite just ONE instance of a "cartel war" taking place on the US side of the border. Just ONE.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I don't doubt it, not for a second.

You Americans are so astoundingly stupid that I'm sure you would nuke Mexico despite the fact that the nuclear fall out would destroy the US along with it.

I bet you guys would even be dumb enough to target the boarder.

Your calling US americans stupid, yet you people cant even control your own filth of a disgusting country that your citizens are running out of it across to my country, because of what the cartels have done to your country.

Tough guy hu....Judging by the amount of times you use the word nuke I can tell your a man of few words, may I kindly suggest a Webster's dictionary to remedy that.

Yes, I do have a much more advanced vocabulary because of the education I paid for in this country of mine and didnt steal for free, the only words you Mexicans know are "no engleis"

Mexicans have no fear son, my mother crossed a desert in the hands of killer thieves risking life and limb to work at McDonald's. My 60 year old mother has more bravery, heart and strength than you and your big bad nukes could ever muster pal. We come from the Mayan Aztec line where the victor of a game would die gladly with out fear.

Your mother is still illegal, and she left that disgusting filthy mexican country behind to be here, in My family came here legally, and your mom coulndt do the same? She needs to go back

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Your calling US americans stupid, yet you people cant even control your own filth of a disgusting country that your citizens are running out of it across to my country, because of what the cartels have done to your country.

Hey at least Mexico is good at Keeping Mexicans out of it.

If Only the US had half a brain to do the same.

Yes, I do have a much more advanced vocabulary because of the education I paid for in this country of mine and didnt steal for free, the only words you Mexicans know are "no engleis"

Wow you did not use Nuke once amongst all those words...I'm impressed.

Your mother is still illegal, and she left that disgusting filthy mexican country behind to be here, in My family came here legally, and your mom coulndt do the same? She needs to go back

She is back, she went up for the same reason every Mexican does complete lies about the American dream after about two years she came Back.

Happy?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join