It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio on 16th immigration sweep; takes out the 'big gun'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

I fail to understand how this POS keeps getting elected. I lived in AZ for a few years and the people didn't seem all that stupid to me but this fool keeps on breaking laws and doing stupid things like this yet is still in office.

I fail to see any good come from this.

I generally disagree with your post. However, I've been saying the same thing about Harry Reid for years. Now that we have another election coming up Reid is on the Dem ballot and Sharon Angle made the Rep ballot. Guess what?! I didn't see an Ind party name so we are stuck selecting from "the lesser of two evils". A method of voting I am completely against.

I actually applaud Arpaio for standing up to the cartels. And what people say publicly may be the total opposite of what they feel inside for fear of stirring up a hornets nest or looking racist by speaking what they truly feel.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mason mike
Take a look at this thread I did a while ago. It seems Sheriff Joe wasn't so popular a while ago. I thought he was doing a great job by stepping up to the plate where the feds had just stayed in the dugout. I am glad to see someone in AZ likes this guy.

I remembered when that first happened. He was just as popular then as he is now. That was a select group of Obama's thugs targeting Joe. That was only about two months after he took office and Janet Napolitano had to flex her new muscles. She never like Sheriff Joe's stand on immigration and that was her chance to grand stand. She was a loser on immigration as our governor just as she's a loser as Homeland Security. She has done absolutely NOTHING regarding immigration since she took office, yet when she was governor, she blamed the feds and said the border was their responsibility. Now that she's in that position, she STILL doesn't want to do anything. She's useless.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
From what I see of the responses to this thread, there are several distinct groups that oppose Sherriff Arpaio.

1. The typical liberals, who whine about his treatment of prisoners and lawbreakers

2. La Raza and MS-13 wannabes

3. The melodramatic dreamers, who think the Sheriff is in cahoots with one of the cartels and uses that to gain immunity...

Meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of Arizonans applaud the Sheriff and his efforts to fight crime in their state.

Is he an angel? No. Is he effective? ABSOLUTELY!

I wish Sheriff Arpaio the best of luck in his fight.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

The idiot scumbag that is Sheriff Joe is going to start a war with Mexico and the cartels.

Sounds like a great idea - NOT!

I fail to understand how this POS keeps getting elected. I lived in AZ for a few years and the people didn't seem all that stupid to me but this fool keeps on breaking laws and doing stupid things like this yet is still in office.

Just what we need, we are already in two and a half wars with Iran coming up and he wants to do this.

you summed up my whole feelings on sheriff asspaio, thank you.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
just going to add, wouldn't be surprised to find arpaio's head in a pillowcase on the border. The cartel means business, arpaio's trying to bring law to a group of people who literally live outside of it. He can talk big all he wants, he's never going to solve it that way.

this isn't a joke, I have 2 dead uncles at the hands of these people. I would love nothing more than to see these men brought to justice.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

3. The melodramatic dreamers, who think the Sheriff is in cahoots with one of the cartels and uses that to gain immunity...

I get my very own category?!?! Sweet.

Melodramatic Dreamer...I actually like that, very good observation on your part.

Meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of Arizonans applaud the Sheriff and his efforts to fight crime in their state.

Yes, Yes but please allow me the decency of not begrudging me the fact that the Majority of Americans in general are absolutely down right STUPID.

A country does not sell out it's own to China, banks and some how flood it full of Mexicans to the point of absurdity were they almost outnumber you by being smart now do they?

I mean for Christ sake 80% of Americans voted for Obama and before that they legally elected Bush right after he totally fraudulently stole his first term.

You NEVER go full retard man....But the majority of Americans like the one who support some crazy old cook who has a bad history drive around in the desert with a machine gun have.

Effective in what may I ask? Aside from tracking down cars driving the speed limit based on calls afforded him by the Cartels themselves what has he done that was effective?

Is there less violence in Arizona? less drugs being smuggled in? Don't tell me there are no more Mexicans cartwheeling into Arizona?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
You people and your violence. Keep sustaining the hatred, fools.

Change the drug policies, end the drug war. Easy as that. No need for machine guns or "bad ass" sheriffs getting political points by playing off your fear and distracting you from the root of the problem.

I guess people really do just like to kill each other. I've lost my faith in humanity reading posts to this thread. I hope all of you who are talking so big are willing to go out there and get yourselves killed over a spitting contest.

Enjoy your karma, retards.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Yeah I'm so proud that government officials think they are awesome because they have 'machine guns' as well as the traffickers.

Let's have more bloodshed, that's all we need.

Guns are awesome.

(by the way I am pro-gun but talking the way this sheriff did just makes him sound like he thinks he is a bigger man because he has a bigger gun... common a 9mm can take someone out if you know how to shoot... too bad the polifce test for shooting is a joke, no offense to any cops)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
From what I see of the responses to this thread, there are several distinct groups that oppose Sherriff Arpaio.

1. The typical liberals, who whine about his treatment of prisoners and lawbreakers

2. La Raza and MS-13 wannabes

I wish Sheriff Arpaio the best of luck in his fight.

What about group #4:
#4. Those who believe kidnapping political opponents is wrong and co-workers should not have to fear for their lives.

He is effective at what? Kidnapping and torture? Is that what you want? What do you want out of a sheriff. How about crime prevention? Well, what does throwing people into 110 degree heat have to do with solving crimes? Oh, nothing. Maybe you should head down to pheonix with a baseball bat and start breaking people's legs who are in prison. Then you can praise yourself and declare you deserve to be the next president.

Maybe Arpaio should do his job like a normal human being rather than a criminal freak of nature who should go to jail for five years. The fact that he isn't an angel means he should not be in a position of protecting the public. Angels should protect the public. So since he is no angel as you admit, fire him and then try him for his many many crimes.

So, does being opposed to sadistic tortures against prisoners make me a liberal? Just wondering. I always thought that wanting punishments limited to exactly what the judge says and nothing more merely makes me a civilized human being.

EDIT: Since there are some people here who refuse to search for his abuses I thought I'd throw in a snippet I found after about one minute of Google searching.

Here it is:
"Arpaio's willingness to use his police powers to silence opponents has chilled public opposition to his policies. "There are people who will not endorse Arpaio's opponents because they are afraid of retaliation," says Leo Mahoney, first vice chairman of the county Republican Executive Guidance Committee.
www.ripoffreport.com...

This is the kind of person some people here are praising... what an embarrassment for them and maybe even ATS that a member would support such a criminal freak of nature.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

The idiot scumbag that is Sheriff Joe is going to start a war with Mexico and the cartels.

Just what we need, we are already in two and a half wars with Iran coming up and he wants to do this.

Nothing is going to come from this, don't worry about it.

The Cartel guys are not stupid, they could care less about Sheriff Joe and his BIG GUN.

Cartels try to play it as clean as possible, They will murder your whole family including the cats and dogs if you get in their way, but they don't like trouble.

I'm just trying to point out the absurdity of this situation in the OP. Some Wacko Sheriff with a machine gun is only bad your You and immigrants who don't read the news paper.

But as for cartels the worst they would do is take the GUN lol. But I'm pretty sure they will just stay out of this whole mess.

Their objective is crossing drugs not loosing money on killing Cops they don't have to.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

The people I do commend in our state for fighting for us are our governor Jan Brewer, and our good Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu....whom have both worked diligently to garner federal support for our state, and combat the invasion of the Mexican drug gangs.

Thanks for your response and I will agree with your support of Jan Brewer and Sheriff Paul Babeu!

[edit on 17/7/10 by plumranch]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Immigration could be controlled, in a positive way, by an intelligent president.
However, what we have now is someone else taking up the slack.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Originally posted by piddles

Nothing is going to come from this, don't worry about it.

The Cartel guys are not stupid, they could care less about Sheriff Joe and his BIG GUN.

Cartels try to play it as clean as possible, They will murder your whole family including the cats and dogs if you get in their way, but they don't like trouble.

I'm just trying to point out the absurdity of this situation in the OP. Some Wacko Sheriff with a machine gun is only bad your You and immigrants who don't read the news paper.

But as for cartels the worst they would do is take the GUN lol. But I'm pretty sure they will just stay out of this whole mess.

Their objective is crossing drugs not loosing money on killing Cops they don't have to.

But we the US will nuke you your entire country, and continent and the ancestors from which you came from and go into space and precisely alter the trajectory of a comet as to hit your homeland and leave a crater so big that mexico wont even fit into it. Do not mess with the US if you want your country to live. We will nuke everything you have including the wussy cartels...I would love to see the look on the cartels face when the see the nuclear fireball explosion while they are holding their "guns." The light is so bright and intense that it will cook the friend beans and rice right off of their skin and burn their hands onto their "guns" so they are in a permanently disabled. Then the shock wave comes and pulverizes ever single cartel member who thought they were so tough, then those cartel members who survive the light blast, the thermonuclear blast, and the shock wave, will be subject to radiation poisoning their minisucle balls if they have any. Then the US special ops team will come in and assassinate all the remaining "tough" cartel members and grind their bodies into a fine mush and sell them as farm feed and bill the cost of the cleaning up to Mexico and the families of the cartels. If their are any survivor, and those who do not comply. Automatic termination

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

But we the US will nuke you your entire country, and continent and the ancestors from which you came from and go into space and precisely alter the trajectory of a comet as to hit your homeland and leave a crater so big that mexico wont even fit into it. Do not mess with the US if you want your country to live.

I don't doubt it, not for a second.

You Americans are so astoundingly stupid that I'm sure you would nuke Mexico despite the fact that the nuclear fall out would destroy the US along with it.

I bet you guys would even be dumb enough to target the boarder.

We will nuke everything you have including the wussy cartels...I would love to see the look on the cartels face when the see the nuclear fireball explosion while they are holding their "guns." The light is so bright and intense that it will cook the friend beans and rice right off of their skin and burn their hands onto their "guns" so they are in a permanently disabled.

Tough guy hu....Judging by the amount of times you use the word nuke I can tell your a man of few words, may I kindly suggest a Webster's dictionary to remedy that.

Then the shock wave comes and pulverizes ever single cartel member who thought they were so tough, then those cartel members who survive the light blast, the thermonuclear blast, and the shock wave, will be subject to radiation poisoning their minisucle balls if they have any.

I've see Terminator 2 myself bud. And the Japanese lived it. Trust me there is only one country evil and disgusting enough to use nukes it's not North Korea or Iran.

Then the US special ops team will come in and assassinate all the remaining "tough" cartel members and grind their bodies into a fine mush and sell them as farm feed and bill the cost of the cleaning up to Mexico and the families of the cartels. If their are any survivor, and those who do not comply.

Wow, Genius...

Because us Mexicans are so good at paying our debts right.

Automatic termination

Mexicans have no fear son, my mother crossed a desert in the hands of killer thieves risking life and limb to work at McDonald's. My 60 year old mother has more bravery, heart and strength than you and your big bad nukes could ever muster pal. We come from the Mayan Aztec line where the victor of a game would die gladly with out fear.

We are an incredibly fearless race and my people are the once fighting in the front lines or your war because of this.

Sure we are stupid, but that what makes us mighty.

Bring it on you whiny little.....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reidscones.com...

Anyone who supports Joe Arpaio is grossly uninformed.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Yes, Yes but please allow me the decency of not begrudging me the fact that the Majority of Americans in general are absolutely down right STUPID.

A country does not sell out it's own to China, banks and some how flood it full of Mexicans to the point of absurdity were they almost outnumber you by being smart now do they?

Your observation is correct, at the national level. That's why AZ Bill 1070 is in the news; the feds could *%#@ up a one car funeral.

But when it comes to backyard issues, people are generally better informed than their officials. I'll take their word over a 'crat anytime.

Arpaio brings down crime and saves money. That is perception. And you and I can argue all day long, but perception is reality.

Estar bien, amigo.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Izarith

Your observation is correct, at the national level. That's why AZ Bill 1070 is in the news; the feds could *%#@ up a one car funeral.

But when it comes to backyard issues, people are generally better informed than their officials. I'll take their word over a 'crat anytime.

Arpaio brings down crime and saves money. That is perception. And you and I can argue all day long, but perception is reality.

Estar bien, amigo.

Fair enough friend.....

I'm going to get off this thread before THE_PROFESSIONAL gets tossed in jail for constructing a rocket ship from still frame of the movie "Astronaut Farmer" in his attempt to enter far out space and change the trajectory of some comet in order to "do what we do every night Pinky, try to destroy Mexico".

I hear Sheriff Joe does not take kindly to people who...construct a rocket ships from still frame of the movie "Astronaut Farmer" in an attempt to enter far out space and change the trajectory of some comet in order to "do what we do every night Pinky, try to destroy Mexico".

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Your name say's it all.

If you haven't noticed, Mexico declared war on us a few years back sunshine.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Maybe Arizona can finally get the coast it deserves by annexing Rocky Point as a thank you for getting rid of these cartels?

As for whether or not Arpaio should be trusted to bring it down. Who else could you see take a stand against these thugs? Without Joe, nobody does anything. Now people can come out in support of him without getting backlash. He may have skeletons in his closet open to all the public, but at least we know what he does. All government officials do it, Joe just doesn't care because he knows people will continue to vote for him if he keeps up on enforcing immigration laws.

Also, the New Times have been trying to bring Arpaio down for years. I don't think linking to one of their articles is a reliable source of what he's actually done.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by solarstorm

I love Sheriff Joe.
I wish Sheriff Joe would run for President.
He would have my vote.

If he won the illegals would probably just pack their bags and make a run for the border, and no I don't mean Taco Bell.

I almost guarantee he wouldn't have your vote. And in all honesty, I could sit here and type a few pages regarding Mr. Joe, because I've lived here in Phoenix for 28 years. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm a bit too tired to do so at the moment. Regarding the OP, though, I fully support him. However, his opinion on this matter does not at all reflect his true personality, let alone his "brutal" viewpoints on many other topics. I've met him in person and been to several conferences in which he has spoken. All I'm going to say for now is that he is one MEAN individual.

Cheers,
Strype

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join