It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio on 16th immigration sweep; takes out the 'big gun'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i'm not condoning the sheriff doings, however he is smart about going to the press and declaring his "noble"itentions publicly. cause now if the cartels do get to him or he just disappears he may become a martyr. and those arizonanites?,arizonians? are already fired up ready for battle as it is, his üntimley"demise just might spark the proverbial fire.
Why is EVERYTHING linked to illegals? cartels and illegal immigration are 2 very different problems.
and one must ask themselves. How much $$ does the US government make off of cartels yearly? millions, hundreds of millions. seized property, seized drugs, seized money. why win "the war on drugs"if its very profitable too let it continue? the cartels are businessmen and to them its acceptable lossess. to go to war with mexico over the cartels makes little to no sense. do you think cartels live in mexico? they may have operations going on there,however they are a global entity. you think the american tourism community would allow a war with mexico? cancun, cabo san lucas..all white people..all big american dollars. you go to war with mexico,are ya gonna lock up all mexicans here in the states,ala intermant camps for japanese during WW2.. can you tell a mexican from a honduran from a columbian from an argentinian,or are they all the same to you guys?
as for illegals, come up with a new arguement beside they take our jobs..are you gonna pick fruit for $3 an hour in the heat?are you? no so please shut up with that excuse. are doctors complaining that some illegal took his/her job?no.are any professionals complaining?no. oh so you want to wash dishes for minimum wage at denny's? but now you cant.i dont think so.
american have grown into lazy consumers who demand instant gratification. a majority feel they are owed something just for being born here. and truthfully you wouldnt have been born here if it wasnt for you immigrant ancestor. unless your native your an immigrant. americans are the most racist of the bunch. go read a board on another site in another language. not too racist. every board in america contains racism. our ignorance and our allowance of ignorance is what is holding us back from acheiving great things

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Hi Izy, good to hear from you!

Arpaio ordered the deployment of a powerful belt-fed .50 caliber machine gun to be on site during the operation to ensure deputies' safety, as there have been recent reports of violence in the desolate desert areas.

“If anyone shoots at our deputies, they are going to have a problem,” said Arpaio in a news conference in the minutes prior to the sweep.

In a later statement, Arpaio also said that he is not afraid, but well prepared to face drug traffickers. "I want to send a message to these criminal traffickers that we will not be intimidated by reports claiming that traffickers are better equipped than our law enforcement officers […] we have the machine guns too and we will not hesitate to use them if the situation calls for it."

"Never take a knife to a gun fight" or in this case don't bring your little single shots when the bad guys have machine guns!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
The idiot scumbag that is Sheriff Joe is going to start a war with Mexico and the cartels.

Sounds like a great idea - NOT!

I fail to understand how this POS keeps getting elected. I lived in AZ for a few years and the people didn't seem all that stupid to me but this fool keeps on breaking laws and doing stupid things like this yet is still in office.

Just what we need, we are already in two and a half wars with Iran coming up and he wants to do this.

I fail to see any good come from this.

What would you rather.. this guy breaking a few rules to try to bust the bad guys .. (and yes, I did read about him in the other thread.. most of what he was being charged with he did not personally do.. his deputies did. A sheriff cannot be there all the time to police his own people.)

...or someone who is a little more politically correct but that just lets the illegals walk all over without a care?

Start a war with Mexico.. you kidding right.. a war with the cartels.. Hell Yes.. someone needs to do it and wipe those scumbags off the face of this earth. A Very Large War with these drug cartels is Exactly what we do need! After we get rid of the ones here, others will think twice about coming over the border. Mexico can't say Chit cus the cartels are inside OUR country - illegally to boot.

If a bunch of Americans went to Mexico to sell drugs, would it be the USA's fault?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

a war with the cartels.. Hell Yes.. someone needs to do it and wipe those scumbags off the face of this earth.

Yea right.. I am assuming the same way we have wiped off all the bad guys in the war on terrorism.

A Very Large War with these drug cartels is Exactly what we do need!

Go for it and enjoy the million of refugees that will come with it.

After we get rid of the ones here, others will think twice about coming over the border.

Keep daydreaming. People will continue to come as long as they believe they can make a better life for themselves.

As for the cartels, maybe you should start formulating a plan to take care of the American cartels who are distributing the Mexican and Colombian stuff all over our country.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
brutal hails to maricopa sherriffs dept.

They need more then one if you ask me..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Them MEX'CANS are done hoppin' over the border to 'MERICA. We have the SEC'UND 'MENDMENT over here and we ain't 'FRAID to use it!

I completely disagree with what you're trying to assert...

But that was funny as hell.

--------------------------------------

On Topic:

It seems Mr. Arpaio is among the few independent LEOs we have left. I don't think this man is a racist, I don't think this man is xenophobic. I think this man understands his constituents and the community he serves at large.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

That being said, I don't trust the government very much, if at all, but it is their job to do this, not some county sheriff who does not have the equipment, men and money to do this.

Well they're not doing their job now are they ? If they won't do it, somebody else will, plain & simple.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is a tough one for me...

As an Arizona resident, born and raised, I can tell you first-hand that our state is in DIRE need of federal assistance in securing our borders!

However, some of the people who have jumped up to be the faces of our fight against illegal immigration are also corrupt and dangerous people.

One of the leaders of an Arizona Minute-Man regime patrolling our borders is none other than Neo-Nazi J.T. Ready. Also, we have the king of corruption himself, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, leading his MCSO posse to fight illegal immigration as well.

These are both extremely corrupt and misguided figures who are fighting the battle against illegal immigration in the names of the people. While I appreciate that at least SOMEONE is doing something, I find it EXTREMELY hard to support anything these people do.

We really are in a tough spot in this state, with the federal government turning a blind-eye to a foreign invasion, and the most unsavory of people here locally stepping up to defend us. This entire mess is the fault of the federal government for failing to do the most basic responsibility of our government.

Instead of sticking their noses into the affairs of the private citizens, and sending our troops off to foreign lands to fight wars that have nothing to do with protecting the sovereignty of this nation, they need to be aggressively attacking this invasion against the citizens of this country! It is the constitutional responsibility of our federal government to protect and secure our borders, and instead they are leaving us on our own with absolutely NO help!

I can't believe this is actually happening right now in our state, and our federal government is allowing it...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This was filmed as a plea from our Governor asking Obama for help to secure our borders. Instead, they are warning Arizonans to stay off of their own land, because it has been effectively taken over by Mexican drug cartels...And still, the federal government lets this happen

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

a war with the cartels.. Hell Yes.. someone needs to do it and wipe those scumbags off the face of this earth.

Yea right.. I am assuming the same way we have wiped off all the bad guys in the war on terrorism.

A Very Large War with these drug cartels is Exactly what we do need!

Go for it and enjoy the million of refugees that will come with it.

After we get rid of the ones here, others will think twice about coming over the border.

Keep daydreaming. People will continue to come as long as they believe they can make a better life for themselves.

As for the cartels, maybe you should start formulating a plan to take care of the American cartels who are distributing the Mexican and Colombian stuff all over our country.

You are another one who must be kidding.. these cartels in Arizona have set up shop in the Buenos Aries National Forrest. We KNOW where they are and what they look like, unlike the terrorists that may or may not be among us. it's not like we would be fighting an idea of drug cartels like a so called war on terror.

You don't get it.. it's not about the Mexicans who cross the borders to make a better life for themselves.. it's about the drug dealers who serve death and bring the terrorists along with them for the ride.

As for the illegals who cross to better themselves.. I give no slack to criminals.. if they truly want to better themselves they can start by applying to gain entrance to this country legally. But these are not the people we need a war with.

We know how to do surgical strikes on these drug cartels.. there will not be a million refuges. Do you really think there are a million 'good' Mexicans hanging out with the drug cartels? There wont be any refuges. If a few good Mexicans are accidentally killed in the process, it's their own fault for associating with the drug cartels.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

these cartels in Arizona have set up shop in the Buenos Aries National Forrest.

Are they Mexican cartels or American gangsters or both? Of course you don't know personally. Just going by what you hear.

Furthermore, tell the secretary of the interior to let border patrol and other law enforcement to do their job on federal land.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's about the drug dealers who serve death and bring the terrorists along with them for the ride.

Please don't play the terrorist card. If you were so concerned about terrorist, you would be advocating closing/securing every entry method into America.

Furthermore, those drug dealers are no different than the drug dealers who serve death on American streets all over this country.

We know how to do surgical strikes on these drug cartels.. there will not be a million refuges. Do you really think there are a million 'good' Mexicans hanging out with the drug cartels? There wont be any refuges. If a few good Mexicans are accidentally killed in the process, it's their own fault for associating with the drug cartels.

Don't worry, your lack of compassion for innocent people was expected.

Ask Pakistanis and Iraqis how those surgical strikes have worked out.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by solarstorm

I love Sheriff Joe.
I wish Sheriff Joe would run for President.
He would have my vote.

If he won the illegals would probably just pack their bags and make a run for the border, and no I don't mean Taco Bell.

Is this the same Sheriff that feeds his inmates green bologna and leaves them in the desert sun in tents?

You want this guy as president of a country that already has more of its population locked up than any other nation in the world?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

One of the leaders of an Arizona Minute-Man regime patrolling our borders is none other than Neo-Nazi J.T. Ready. Also, we have the king of corruption himself, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, leading his MCSO posse to fight illegal immigration as well.

I appreciate your input as an Arizonian. Since you obviously have the inside could you please give us supporting information for the above statement?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I love Sheriff Joe.
He would have my vote.

If he won the illegals would probably just pack their bags and make a run for the border, and no I don't mean Taco Bell.

Is this the same Sheriff that feeds his inmates green bologna and leaves them in the desert sun in tents?

You want this guy as president of a country that already has more of its population locked up than any other nation in the world?

Yep, the very same one!

Do you see the conundrum I am faced with as a resident of this state? An unapologetic abuser of basic human rights acting as our "hero"?

People deserve humane treatment...period! And before people jump on the "People in prison need to be treated badly" and "Why should I care about a criminal? If you don't like it, don't go to jail" typical responses...May I remind you that over 80% of the tents and county jails are filled with NON-VIOLENT offenders...Many of whom are serving time for very petty offenses. In the police state we currently reside in, none of us are immune from one day winding up their as well!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I love Sheriff Joe.
He would have my vote.

The tents have always been air conditioned and still are, the green balony is not a health risk in any way, They have been investigated on that claim.
We like'em because you don't go to jail and set on your fat A$$ and watch t.v. and talk on the phone, you work and pay back the community, they still have health care and showers and every thing you would have, to include they get their mail and visit.

So, Please Stop listening to people that are Criminals or just Criminals Lovers.
You don't have any idea, if you don't live here, don't complain about a man doing the job we as Arizona citizen expect our law enforcement to do.

He likes his camera time in the news, we don't care as long as he is still doing the job and he is.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
hey masonmike get your facts straight ms13 althought they are punks are not from mexico and its funny how much we enjoy blaming the people who supply but alot of people should look in the mirror and see who it is that is smoking and snorting this stuff to there hearts content with no demand there would be no supply and also have you ever seen the line at a des office there are many more white people there with there 15 kids that belong to 15 different daddies all with there hands out and my family owns a large farm in arizona i am 31 years old and in all my life i am yet to see a white or black man show up to ask for work these people are taking nothing from you they simply are willing to do the work you are to lazy to want to do but you sure will sit there and cry about them taking jobs so funny and another thing this mini sheriff has the marbles to say he can spot an illegal by there dress and cars they drive and the have the balls to say there is no profiling going on can he tell a haitian illegal or chinese illegal by the same its all racial and it makes me sick i loved ats but i will never see this site again instead of ats it should be changed to kkk.com since it seems to be all its become anyway pathetic!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

I appreciate your input as an Arizonian. Since you obviously have the inside could you please give us supporting information for the above statement?

Sure, regarding Joe Arpaio, I posted his biggest crimes above. However, he has also been accused and under investigation for numerous counts of fraud...including the mishandling of over $50 million in taxpayer money. Yet he claims to be "saving" taxpayer dollars by mistreating the inmates, while our taxes continue to rise every year! The man has also been the target of over 2700 lawsuits, and our crime rate continues to increase every year, despite all of his methods to deter it.

If you were refering to the minute-man J.T. Ready, he is a one-time candidate for state office until he was found to be an active member of a white supremacist group here in AZ, even marching at the Neo_Nazi rally on our state capital complete with his Nazi regalia.

Both of these people are Grade-A scum...yet they seem to be the faces of our state resistance.

The people I do commend in our state for fighting for us are our governor Jan Brewer, and our good Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu....whom have both worked diligently to garner federal support for our state, and combat the invasion of the Mexican drug gangs.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Hello Plumbranch, nice to see you around too bud.

"Never take a knife to a gun fight" or in this case don't bring your little single shots when the bad guys have machine guns!

I read the article, but it just does not make any sense at all.

A machine gun mounted on a tuck, going out into the desert on publicly announced sweeps?

Are you serious? Come on now lets try to think about the for a second.

First of all these Cartels try their best to stay out of the way of Law enforcement. Not because they like US cops but because they do not want any risk to their border endeavors and investments.

The only Reason there is a drug war in Mexico is because the top leaders were taken out which caused a destabilization of the whole game.

Now you have some idiot who is going on the news talking about "I have a bigger penis than the Cartels do".

If this guy is not just some part of propaganda to make the public feel safer and in control then this guy is asking for trouble he and his little rag tag team really should not be looking for. That Gun is going to be stolen very easily by simply taking out the tiers out there in the desert.

But hopefully the cartel guys just sit back and let the sheriff have his fun riding around catching women and children trying to get into the US.

I mean seriously can one of you Iraq Vets let these people know that riding around in an unarmored truck that has normal tires with a big gun is a bad idea....please.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Amen, go Sheriff Joe. I live in Maricopa County and the crime is out of control. The road-rage, cop killings, drunk driving and hit-and-runs are out of control. Please support AZ. Your own state may depend on it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Since Joe Arpaio is a criminal he actually belongs in prison. You guys clearly don't know about the time he put his only competitor for office in jail for a while because well... the elections were coming up and he wanted to win. And of course you guys clearly don't know about how all his co-workers are literally afraid to be anywhere near him. But I guess that doesn't matter if he flashes a big machine gun?

I challenge the people screaming like a 12-year-old girl at a rock concert on two points:

1. This dictator-wanna-be Arpaio freak is a coward and will never be seen anywhere near a gun-fight in the next five years except maybe if one of the people he has committed crimes against come at him for revenge, and that I would bet 25% of my earnings for a year on. Any one of you screamers want to take me up on my bet? And all this despite that judging by his old wrinkled face he'll be dead soon any way.

2. The guy is suppose to be a sheriff but is blatantly obviously a politics power whore. I bet the guy has never solved a crime or prevented a crime in his life... ever. You guys who like him should show me wrong. I'll Paypal anyone $10 who can show me that Arpaio has ever been responsible for solving any crime. The fat lazy @#$% couldn't have ever done something useful IMO but prove me wrong.

So lets see here, the number one thing Sheriffs are supposed to do is is protect people, but the freak of nature has apparently never protected any one in his entire life. In fact I imagine he spent his childhood hacking apart kittens and trying to bully other kids into suicide. Show me, people who praise this wack-job, how he joined with the minute-men at the border in dangerous areas. Show me when he did that. Oh, he didn't. Because hes a fat lazy slob who has never accomplished anything and never will. Fat lazy slobs don't deserve praise for playing pretend.

Nobody ever said after hearing of the real minute-men leader "this man needs to be president" though that would obviously be the time to shout out such a statement. So, all I'm saying is maybe you praisers out there should actually look into the crimes this man has committed. I've never heard of such a nasty and awful tyrant living in the USA. Never.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join