It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque @ ground Zero to open 09/11/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
A mosque rises over Ground Zero. And fed-up New Yorkers are crying, "No!"

A chorus of critics -- from neighbors to those who lost loved ones on 9/11 to me -- feel as if they've received a swift kick in the teeth.

Plans are under way for a Muslim house of worship, topped by a 13-story cultural center with a swimming pool, in a building damaged by the fuselage of a jet flown by extremists into the World Trade Center.

The opening date shall live in infamy: Sept. 11, 2011. The 10th anniversary of the day a hole was punched in the city's heart.

Andrea Peyser

Now, mrs. Peyser does not note any sources.
I know I am assuming, but she has a valid track record, and I hope would not shoot from the hip on this.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

Look, I am all for religious freedom.... heck, I like beaing able to voice openly my lack of faith.

BUT, A mosque at ground zero?? Really?

They can call it what ever they like, Islam thrives off of things like this. This may be a peacful sect... But this will bring the extremists by the droves.

I do not condone it.... but this mosque will be a target of attacks by americans.

How ironic would it be, if Jim Bob from Alabama, flies a Cessna into the mosque?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Got to be false as I don't understand how they could let a thing like that pass? Just utterly and completley disrespectful if true.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youamstupid
Got to be false as I don't understand how they could let a thing like that pass? Just utterly and completely disrespectful if true.

If true then I imagine they (the mosque) are looking to be attacked so they can play the victim card. I don't actually care that a mosque is going to be near ground zero but to open it on 9/11 when you know much of the city still views it as an Islamic attack on the country is shortsighted. I know this has come up before but every damn time I look up at a clock its X:11 and I've said before that at least for me, I'm reliving 2001 this year. I have a very bad feeling that something is coming to commemorate the event in a bad way.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is absolutely insane. I can not believe that New Yorkers would stand for this. There needs to be action taken on this; there are a million other places to build a mosque in the area. And why pick 9/11/11 to open it? Oh yeah that's the way "the religion of peace" slaps the rest of us in the face. Just like a child saying "na na a boo boo; look what I did"

DISGRACEFUL TO SAY THE LEAST!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by CORN IS NUTS]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I seriously doubt her source (or lack thereof) but I have a question.

Would anybody really be surprised if they opened up on 9/11/11?

They love to shove it in our face.

If it's true, bookmark that date on your calendar for the start of Civil War II in America.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me to how 9/11 turned into hate an entire religious belief system?

Quick reminder: When the crusaders ransacked Europe, churches went up in those cities.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I really would be suprised... they have worked very hard to prove this WAS NOT a slap in the face of america.. This would be a blattent slap in the face...

Previous poster is right.. They would love to reach in their pocket and pull out their sympathy card..

I wonder how well a christian church would go over in Baghdad
Or a synagogue in southern lebanon

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

It is the statement that it makes.. They have fought way to hard to get this.... It is like they actually need this..

I'm telling you Jim Bob and Bobby Joe are not going to take this lightly.. Something very bad/good is going to happen.

Just out of respect for the way it is viewed.. build it elsewhere!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I agree with you when I use logic and reason.

This is NYC, home of the MSM.

Imagine it as Don King promoting the biggest fight ever in his backyard.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

And pick a different day to open it!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
unfortunately the cement was of inferior quality and the building came down.

the 507th union had nothing to do with this tragic episode.

we extend our condolences to the families who lost loved ones.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ok I will go on the record and say the opening date is true.

Here is another link
www.sourcenewspapers.com...

By JULIE SZYDLOWSKI

A new structure near Ground Zero in New York City is slated for a grand opening on Sept. 11, 2011 -- not a structure to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the many lives lost or forever altered that fateful day at the hands of Muslim terrorists, but rather a new Islamic mosque and cultural center sponsored by a terrorist sympathizer who blames America for the 9-11 attacks.

Yet another link
thehuntsvillepatriot.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
No offence or disrespect to anyone who suffered or lost loved ones in this tragedy but...

Most people seem to think 9/11 is an inside job. People on this site are bending over backwards to prove this with good documetation, testimony from experts and witnesses ect. Yet a church being built for AMERICAN CITIZENS to use is the cause of outrage?

The date (9/11/11) is obviously from a source trying to spark said outrage.

Which is it? The government or the islamic extreamists? (Extreamists being the operative word here).

I'm sorry but people flip back and forth so fast my head sometimes spins.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Hatcookie]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What's wrong with a mosque at ground-zero? At least something is getting done around there. I'm sure that the Muslims who will pray at the mosque had nothing to do with 9/11. Just think of Japan. We committed the ultimate act of terrorism and then the same people who committed that act, built military bases there.

Just because the attack was allegedly conducted by Muslims, doesn't mean that all Muslims are responsible. Would you feel the same way if a Christian church or Jewish temple were built there instead? Would you have the same feelings if a Christian church were to be built in Baghdad or a Jewish temple in Detroit? If not, why not?

I find it sort of funny that many of the people griping about this, are some of the same people who griped over the religious suppression of the Taliban or Saudi Royals. Remember, the Pilgrims sailed to these shores, in part, for freedom of religion.

I think that it is good that a Mosque is going to be built there. I guess it's better than a peep-show or adult book store. It's certainly better than a bank or a prison.

--airspoon

[edit on 16-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The American gov't that approved this really hates Americans...
and they did vote on this at umpteen levels as has been posted on this subject before here at ATS...

The Zionists that control the American government want a war, and they know enough people in the US are gullible enough to blame Muslims for this...

They are laughing at you America....and guess what they are doing to your kidnapped children while you are hating Muslims.
(remember the franklin scandal?)
(Brezynski BRAGS about creating the Taliban...)

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
IF this turns out to be true, i would not be surprised. American's have grown weary of the "war on terror".

What a perfect way to refocus America's anger and funnel it back into our 4th Crusade we are waging in the Middle East right now..

On the surface most Americans will say this makes no sense and is an outrage. But underneath the viel of political blundering and political correctness they are just putting one more block into place to work towards the laying of the final capstone.

~meathead

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I personnaly don't think they should build a mosque at ground zero, but it has nothing to do with me.

However, I assure you if they do it will not open on the 10th anniversary, no-one will be so insensitive.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I call rabble rousing, tea party, hate making BS on this.

9/11/11 is a Sunday, Muslims go to church on Friday not Sunday.

Islam didn't destroy the world trade center, abortion hating Christians murdered that doctor, er I mean, radical Muslim nutjobs crashed the WTC. ( I think you get the point)

It's a mosque to worship Yahweh the God of Abraham people, a church. Stop the hate.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie
No offence or disrespect to anyone who suffered or lost loved ones in this tragedy but...

Most people seem to think 9/11 is an inside job.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Hatcookie]

Wrong. Only a handful of conspiracy theorists think 9/11 was an "inside job". Don't let ATS fool you into thinking its a widespread feeling.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm not like....Jewish or Christian or Muslim, but sorry dude, I don't think it's the same God. I mean, they say it is the same God, but it doesn't ACT like the same God.

I think it reminds me of someone winning then planting their flag.

Why would a church want to be built on such a haunted site?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join