It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is all the fuss about?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

I feel sorry for you. Someone should have saved you a long time ago. Your post right here show uus what is wrong with the world. The whole, well it doesnt effect me, so why should I care. You dont understand that it does effect you, it effects us all. This is what makes us different from the rest of the animals of this planet. The art of human beings, is being human.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
op u are sick in the head doesn't affect u lmao....i'm no scientist but have done every expirement known to man and 420-800 somthing million gallons will affect the whole earth as a vet at 23 yrs old i even know the whole plot open your eyes..... you live in mt. oil rain will hit there too watch and see

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
im pretty sure its satire people.

lulz and all.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Be careful how you reply to this post. My first reply cost me 1000 points for describing the author of the thread with one word that is defined as someone having no brains.

I think this is the work of a troll whose thread is designed to stir up rage in those directly affected by the spill.

I'll just bet that he wouldn't dare go to the fishermen on the Louisiana coast and make the same statements there!

Mod, how did I do this time?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Flatfish]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Yup I read ya totally... had to exercise self-control when responding in this thread.... I live across the ocean but the words written in OP really infuriated me... I just cant believe how some people can act this ignorant and inconsiderate...

I really feel for the family's struck by this disaster... The media is shutting the mouths of those people and now we've got people coming here on ATS writting these threads wich could have come straight from the 6pm FOX-news headlines...

This spill IS bad and we've had tons of ROCK-SOLID evidence come by at ATS. I really urge the OP to do his/her share of reading up because this attitude is as bad as a person denying the holocaust.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

It is your post that shows me what is wrong with this world, and that you are not prepared to accept and listen to someone who has a different view.

The OP is very entitled to the view they hold, and something that is encouraged on ATS.

And guess what, I show the OP's view that too much has been made of this by a vast majority of people who are ill informed and accept too much that is being said by the MSM. How many of the poeple posting in any thread on this forum, have any real experience of what is going on in the GoM?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
reply to post by DeltaGhostHunter

It is your post that shows me what is wrong with this world, and that you are not prepared to accept and listen to someone who has a different view.

The OP is very entitled to the view they hold, and something that is encouraged on ATS.

And guess what, I show the OP's view that too much has been made of this by a vast majority of people who are ill informed and accept too much that is being said by the MSM. How many of the poeple posting in any thread on this forum, have any real experience of what is going on in the GoM?

I killed the fish in my pond by spilling some gasoline in it... any more experience then that I dont have...
I agree everybody is entitled to his/her view.... But does this site tolerate gay people being bashed? Or have the holocaust and its victims ridiculed?

I am trying to point out that the line is drawn when people are intentionally hurt or insulted. I dont think OP has done that but the POV can call up those feelings especially with victims of the GoM disaster.
Particularly the posts following the OP by the same poster show either a lack of understanding or respect. OP should be a little bit more considerate with the choice of words... guess it would be common courtesy

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thecause

Please explain the science behind your claim that there will be oil rain in MT. You freely admit you are not a scientist yet you make a claim as if you were one.

What basis is there for your claim that this will impact the whole earth?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Way off topic I know, but how do we get from this thread to comparing the OP to someone who is denying the holocaust? As I have stated in posts, we are all entitled to an opinion and here at ATS, we are luck enough the have the ability to post our opinions and have them subject to serious and will informed debate.

What how much of the ROCK SOLID evidence cited here on ATS can we actually believe? Who on ATS has taken the time to research this on the ground rather than just believe everything posted on the internet or by the MSM. The vast majority of information being posted in this forum does not come from on the ground research but just re-hashing on views and ideas that in many cases have little grounding in science.

No one knows that the impact of this oil spill will be? Science can at best, can speculate on the future impact, based on past events.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

GaryN above vindicates me.

Have you looked at a map of Alaska? It is a huge frozen wasteland.The Valdez spill compared to the size of Alaska is like an atom to a block of cheese.

Off course the oil is still there because of the LOW TEMPERATURE.It is essentially frozen.So what if it still there?

Hardly anyone stays there except people who are too jaded to live in normal places and need "adventure".Then they whine about it because of a little oil on some isolated beach.Alaska is mostly empty,can they not move away from it?

I mean one patch of frozen ice looks pretty much like another.

What is the big deal about beaches anyway? I mean it is just some sand with a giant puddle of sewage water nearby.People go there to cavort about semi-naked and display their mounds of flesh and ogle each other.

People seem to revere the beach like some kind of Nirvana.You could do the same in your back garden or swimming pool and be much safer.

Time for you to zip up, you've exposed your ignorance. My brother lives in Alaska and is career Air Force fighting the good fight of this war on terror you claim is so much more important than the oil gusher. Make up your mind. Should the Air Force base pack it in because Alaska is just a hunk of ice that doesn't matter?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by doobydoll

So what are you doing to solve the problem? Just posting a link to a youtube video does what?

We are all to blame for this as much as BP. We all want the benefits of the crude oil economy, and with out crude oil, ATS would not exist as crude oil is the base of many of the products of the internet.

the majority of the people in the world are not in a position to do ANYTHING about solving this problem - no alternatives to fossil fuel. but then you already know this dont you?

posting a link to a youtube vid spreads awareness (dont you agree?) as to just how hellish this really is, because we certainly wont get to see it from the MSM will we? i was shocked when i watched it, weren't you?

i think the op just got up on the wrong side of the bed today and probably doesnt have a dog to kick, and decided to rile a few people up here on ats. it worked - well done lol.
of course this is just my opinion, which we all agree we're all entitled to arent we?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I agree everybody is entitled to his/her view.... But does this site tolerate gay people being bashed? Or have the holocaust and its victims ridiculed?

yes, because this is TOTALLY the same thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

So what are you doing to solve the problem? Just posting a link to a youtube video does what?

We are all to blame for this as much as BP. We all want the benefits of the crude oil economy, and with out crude oil, ATS would not exist as crude oil is the base of many of the products of the internet.

the majority of the people in the world are not in a position to do ANYTHING about solving this problem - no alternatives to fossil fuel. but then you already know this dont you?

posting a link to a youtube vid spreads awareness (dont you agree?) as to just how hellish this really is, because we certainly wont get to see it from the MSM will we? i was shocked when i watched it, weren't you?

are you kidding me?

the MSM is having a field day promoting wildly inaccurate stories and wildly exaggerated, unsubstantiated claims. Much like this subforum.

its funny to me how many people talk about the 'MSM' on here, and then act just like them; no context, temperance, or fact-checking-- just hysteria for the ego's sake.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by doobydoll

are you kidding me?

the MSM is having a field day promoting wildly inaccurate stories and wildly exaggerated, unsubstantiated claims. Much like this subforum.

its funny to me how many people talk about the 'MSM' on here, and then act just like them; no context, temperance, or fact-checking-- just hysteria for the ego's sake.

well i dont think the MSM have 'wildly exaggerated' anything. i think its the other way around - and we're not getting the full story. some of it yes, but not all of it.

i watch the news on tv, and i've thought 'oh dear another oil drama, but it'll be ok'.
and then i watched a couple of video's about the gulf that 'regular' people have posted here on ats and elsewhere, and i am shocked at what i am seeing - stuff they dont report on MSM, not that i've seen anyway.

unconcerned about the gulf? well if thats how some feel there's nothing wrong with that and thats ok

but myself and others ARE concerned, some more so than others, and thats ok too.
if we all agreed with each other on every single thing then there'd be no point in ATS.

anyway, i believe that strongly voiced concerns over the gulf situation on here are justified, and i rather think that i'm not alone on that.

by the way, i hope you're right and all the gulf reports are just hysteria. i'll forgive you for being right. but only this time

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

it astounds me how often this misinterpretation occurs.

i have said nothingabout it not being a big deal, or about not 'being concerned'.

you are attacking straw men.

my only point was the MSM engages in the same kind of unsubstantiated hysteria as we see displayed by people here who decry the "MSM' out of habit and sycophancy.

why is it that any time someone questions the more bizarre theories, that they are attacked as being some sort of 'apologist'?

are you really not aware of the groupthink that displays?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

it astounds me how often this misinterpretation occurs.

i have said nothingabout it not being a big deal, or about not 'being concerned'.

you are attacking straw men.

my only point was the MSM engages in the same kind of unsubstantiated hysteria as we see displayed by people here who decry the "MSM' out of habit and sycophancy.

why is it that any time someone questions the more bizarre theories, that they are attacked as being some sort of 'apologist'?

are you really not aware of the groupthink that displays?

ok ok i get it, i got the wrong end of the stick and i apologise for the misinterpretation, sincerely.

and yes, i can see i totally missed your point, a certain herbal ciggy could be the reason for that
(medicinal purposes of course)

we all get things wrong sometimes.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

reply to post by faceoff85

Way off topic I know, but how do we get from this thread to comparing the OP to someone who is denying the holocaust? As I have stated in posts, we are all entitled to an opinion and here at ATS, we are luck enough the have the ability to post our opinions and have them subject to serious and will informed debate.

What how much of the ROCK SOLID evidence cited here on ATS can we actually believe? Who on ATS has taken the time to research this on the ground rather than just believe everything posted on the internet or by the MSM. The vast majority of information being posted in this forum does not come from on the ground research but just re-hashing on views and ideas that in many cases have little grounding in science.

No one knows that the impact of this oil spill will be? Science can at best, can speculate on the future impact, based on past events.

so.... wouldn't you say that creates a pretty decent picture of whats to come? We know the water in the GoM normally ends up around europe. we know rain comes from water being heated by the sun. we know the GoM is ATM at least 7 degrees hotter then average. we know a warm GoM makes for a pretty busy Typhoon-season... we know oil is bad for the health of wild-life. we know Corexit is even worse. we know the absolute minimum of oil that must have dripped into the gulf...

Need I go on?

I didn't compare this thread to a holocaust denyer... when you read my entire post you'll understand the comparison I was making... I pointed out that OP has a very poor choice of words... Heck even native americans were targetted for pete's sake... "white man's" greed is being compared to development.... anybody wonder why we are fighting terrorists? Greed anyone?

My previous post was obviously not clear to many so I'll quote the relevant part of the post.

But does this site tolerate gay people being bashed? Or have the holocaust and its victims ridiculed?

I am trying to point out that the line is drawn when people are intentionally hurt or insulted. I dont think OP has done that but the POV can call up those feelings especially with victims of the GoM disaster.

That should clear things up...

[edit on 18/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I see people are taking the bait... This is just tongue in cheek satire.
Though the OP does make one interesting point.
I wonder how many of us who are shedding tears for the wildlife, tuck into battery chickens (incarcerated for a lifetime) or who otherwise tuck into animals kept or killed cruelly for our pleasure. Eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

I will gladly listen to any view, and take it into consideration. Listening does not mean I have to accept it. Again, I do not agree with this whole "no big deal". To many people now a days have this attitude of it dosent affect me, so why worry. Sure we could all have a See no evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil attitude, but what will that get us. Im listening, not accepting, and speaking. If that is not what ATS is about, then I have clearly made a mistake. . . NOT.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
I see people are taking the bait... This is just tongue in cheek satire.
Though the OP does make one interesting point.
I wonder how many of us who are shedding tears for the wildlife, tuck into battery chickens (incarcerated for a lifetime) or who otherwise tuck into animals kept or killed cruelly for our pleasure. Eh?

Even though your point is legit, it doesn't tie into what has hapenned in the GoM. There are entire breeding grounds being turned into deadzones. effectively preventing certain wild-life from spawning the next generation. imstead of unhumanely breeding and killing animals for food, we have now upped the stakes, we kill animals without being able to use them for food and we are ensuring that in the near future, the GoM will not function as a place from where to gather seafood.

I'm just hoping this problem will stay in the gulf and not migrate to the open oceans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join