It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is all the fuss about?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't understand.

I really don't understand.

Could somebody explain why such a big deal,about a few barrels of oil in a gigantic sea?

I live in Montana in America and ok so some oil is leaking from the sea bed...so what?

I mean the volume of oil is 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of the total sea volume.

How will it effect me?

I mean bigger NATURAL disasters have happened but all we hear is about some oil.

This must have happened before.

It will simply disperse.

We don't need to do anything.

I accept some tourists and selfish sunbathers may find the beach black instead of a maroon sand color..so what?

Let them go to some other beach.

People talk about animals being killed by oil.So what?

We kill a billion animals every day for food?

We cook ,we roast,we slice and dice them...we cook crabs alive.

We behead chickens and goats and ducks and cows and bulls.

What is the big deal?

People talk about environmental damage.

Will mountains collapse?

Will cliffs fall. Will ships sink?

It is just liquid for God's sake get a grip.

It will disperse.So stop all this nonsense for the sake of a few sunbathers and tourists.

We should concentrate our attention on the War on Terror which is the most important war as it effects everyone of us , instead of letting these liberals and namby pamby environmentalists divert us.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We'll let you vacation down there and swim in it
Please report back to us the results.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yes, let's concentrate on the War On Terror

It's way more legit.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is either a really bad troll attempt... or you really have no grasp on reality.

Oil spewing into the gulf = bad
sea life being contaminated = bad
1 million + gallons of Corex dumped into the ocean = bad
fissures in sea floor over a huge oil deposit = very bad
peoples lives in the gulf region being destroyed = bad

An already dead terrorist mastermind hiding in a cave = phoney ooga booga tactics.

Seriously... you can't be that naive.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Very Sad Post tbh. If you don't see the problem then you really need to seek some professional/expensive help. Go troll somewhere else please.

Sorry if this is not the sympathetic, agreeing post you want but I am sure deep down within your mind you kind of knew you wouldn't get that here anyways.

Have a great Day

[edit on 16-7-2010 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am just going to pretend I didn't hear this rant. How much more selfish and inconsiderate could you be? I don't have anything more to say to this.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Has your head been up there long or is this a recent turn of events?

The stuff i see on here sometimes amazes me.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Come on down and vacation in the gulf - stick your head in the sand while your there!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

lmao hahaha

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

With all respect, I think your thread is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with this country. It's symptomatic of the fabled selfish, self-absorbed ignorance that so many international members of ATS decry, yet those of us who are Americans try to dispel. Thanks for making our job that much harder

I could sit here and list all of the things that are horribly wrong with your talking points, but that wold be an hour of my life that I can't get back.

I will simply say that this is one instance where I genuinely hope you're a troll, and really not this thick...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
wow mister- you really really dont understand much about life or the planet.
but thats why there's a forum-
i daresay many will wade in and fill that empty bucket of yours.
i'm just a dumb country boy that read some books-
but if you've not developed a sense of how this is all connected in some way-
or you think you are just some separate entity to yourself- then brother,
i dont know if i can explain much to you.
so lets say you're in a bar-all happy go lucky-
and you hear some comotion way at the back of the joint.-
none of your affair eh?- you got a bottle in front of you..
the a fight breaks out and you hear talk about runnin out of booze..
well- youre fine- but in march the troops..everybodys riled up
and some bunch of other thugs start a brawl..
and some how- from across the room-
an empty bottle gets flung up side your head..
what you gonna do if gas goes to 10 bucks a gallon?
because the gulf ports are messed up.
or this goes fubar and it can/might be
-lord only knows-
you got no kin down there - you feel no kinship?
throwing live sea turtles in a lake of fire doesnt bother you?
being robbed by ruthless sobs doesnt bother you?
what birds pass thru montana to roost in the gulf?
so if they find uranium in glaicier national park
and allow canadian companies to start mining?
hey- thats just your tough luck.because
canadians are already digging in to the north rim of the grand canyon.
and the border is crumbling. united states
or untied states?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Then I suppose you havent heard about the oil sheen in the Great Lakes region? I suppose you havent heard about how this could make its way up the eastern coastline? I guess the cloud of methane gas that could burst up from beneath the surface? I guess the evaporants from this getting into the jet stream causing wide spread acid rain doesnt bother you at all. I suppose the potential for a massive collapse of the seafloor wouldnt bother you at all, since the flood waters probably wouldnt make it to Montana. And certainly it doesnt matter than an industry that employs thousands of people that would be otherwise fishing and feeding people but instead just sit docked for all but an hour a day doesnt matter one bit. Certainly there is no cause for alarm that there is a highly toxic chemical, one that was banned by others for its toxicity, being sprayed on the water, on boats, on people. Heck, who cares about all of those people down there just trying to make a living and help clean up a mess that area already showing up in hosptials and innocent citizens starting to show signs of respiratory problems directly related to the chemicals in the air because of this.

Enjoy your Vietnamese Shrimp and that Basa, since there wont be much of anything coming out of the US Gulf anytime soon.

Oh, and bully for you that this doesnt affect you at all. Please, by all means dont let our disaster in anyway hamper your self centered ego.
Bully for you and dont let the fact that this multinational corporation who has decided that the EPA and US Gov't rules dont apply to them ruin your day because its just one little event.
Bully for you that your pristene little world is so well manicured and polished and if it doesnt happen in your backyard, it just doesnt happen.

I am sure we will all just "get over it" in time. I mean, who really needs the Gulf of Mexico anyway. Its not like its some sort of major importing inlet or exporting outlet. Its certainly not a gateway for supplies to the midwest or anything.

We should all just get over ourselves. I mean, its just oil, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It works like this. To this point, the volume of oil released into the gulf would fill the Super bowl dozens of times over. A low concentration (think of a thimble in a large fish tank) kills all marine life. Methane released depletes the oxygen, adding to the fish/marine life kill. This spreads and eventually the food chain collapses. No food for mammals and birds that feed on aquatic life, like plankton, fish, etc. Polar bears starve. Predators that feed on these animals starve, until this effect is spread throughout the entire food chain. Benzine and other chemical concentrations poison humans and other life miles inland. Added strain to non-effected food supplies, which are few once the toxic pollutants spread to the water tables. Much of the damage is done by the dispersant corexit. Weather patterns, which depend on ocean currents are disrupted, as light absorption and ice-melting properties are disrupted. Some areas are stricken by drought, others by frigid cycles, disrupting growing seasons and food production. Wars break out as a struggle for resources ensues.
Most importantly, those nice intelligent creatures you see at sea world are taking a bath in gasoline, and die a miserable death, because "environmentalists forced bilderbergers to drill at depths for which they haven't the technological capacity to control." So, my friend, if you don't think it's a big deal, try drinking a pint of motor oil and soaking in gasonline for the rest of the day, then report back to me. Thanks

By the way....This is coming from a very conservative guy who works in the financial sector, not a lib.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by astrogolf]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
I don't understand.

I really don't understand.

Could somebody explain why such a big deal,about a few barrels of oil in a gigantic sea?

Well since most of us here wont take the trouble I'll give this a go and clarify things for you...

I mean the volume of oil is 0.00000000000000000000000000000001% of the total sea volume.

Actually you can take a couple of zero's away after the dot...

How will it effect me?

Its gonna hit american economy, destroying the fishing industry of the gulf... like... COMPLETELY!!! when american economy is hit, your job will inevitably feel the effects (to what degree is the real question here)

I mean bigger NATURAL disasters have happened but all we hear is about some oil.

No actually this counts as one of, if not, THE BIGGEST. BTW its not a natural disaster its man made, and unlike typical natural disasters, the effect of this spill will influence nature in a devastating way, eventually reaching all the way up to the UK...

This must have happened before.

Not on this scale it hasn't. or maybe it has...

www.sciencedaily.com...

check the date...

It will simply disperse.

But not before killing ALL life in the gulf.

We don't need to do anything.

lets rephrase... we CANT do anything.

People talk about animals being killed by oil.So what?

Do you work for BP?

We kill a billion animals every day for food?

Yup we do, we dont destroy their natural habitat every day (wich coincidentialy happens to be linked to our own natural habitat)

We cook ,we roast,we slice and dice them...we cook crabs alive.

We behead chickens and goats and ducks and cows and bulls.

What is the big deal?

In fact... you dont need to go out and buy oliveoil anymore since the wildlife caught in the gulf wont stick to your frying pan... YAY

People talk about environmental damage.

Will mountains collapse?

Will cliffs fall. Will ships sink?

Nope, what will happen is that when you want to go fishing with your grandson, you wont catch any fish in the GOM. When you want to teach your grandson how to raise some crops, you'll have to stay away from the gulf aproximately 300 miles all the way around since nothing will grow there anymore (wich also means any part of the foodchain dependant on veggies will die off wich can cause the entire regional foodchain to collapse..) Essentially it'll be a deadzone

It will disperse.So stop all this nonsense for the sake of a few sunbathers and tourists.

You're right here.... in about 50 years... Try looking up the aftermath of the exxon valdez spill... they STILL have oil in the ground, enough to stain your hand and clothes when digging in the soil...

You do know oil is bad food for anything green?

We should concentrate our attention on the War on Terror which is the most important war as it effects everyone of us , instead of letting these liberals and namby pamby environmentalists divert us.

Are you serious? maybe it really is a waste of time to respond....

[edit on 16/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Let me see if I follow your logic correctly.

It is OK if I come to your house and in one room only, disperse toxins knowing good and well that the air circulation system will move them throughout the house.

As long I only do it in one room you are OK with that?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oil seeps out of the ocean bed all the time in the Gulf, and off the California coast, and many other places in the world. See some oils slicks in the Gulf years before the 'spill':

geology.com...

Also, there is no abrasion in the well casing, as there is no sand, rock, gravel coming up the pipe. If there is, where is it?? I didn't see any settling around the wellhead, and I didn't hear about the recovered oil containing any sand or rocks. This whole event was conspired so Obama could introduce his carbon trading tax, and Goldman Sachs could create some more trillions of dollars with its derivatives scams.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
never mind. not going there...

[edit on 7-16-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

The other day I was pissed off with a post you wrote where you started having a pop at us Brits, but reading this kinda makes it okay (to a point and I hope you read my reply to that post too)

It took me a few minutes to get what you are saying but I get it and I like the point you are making. The nub-let that started this thread clearly is losing his grasp of what matters so let just let him lose grip totally - on his own.

So have a star Mate. good reply and I hope the point has not been lost on the OP

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
Oil seeps out of the ocean bed all the time in the Gulf, and off the California coast, and many other places in the world. See some oils slicks in the Gulf years before the 'spill':

geology.com...

Also, there is no abrasion in the well casing, as there is no sand, rock, gravel coming up the pipe. If there is, where is it?? I didn't see any settling around the wellhead, and I didn't hear about the recovered oil containing any sand or rocks. This whole event was conspired so Obama could introduce his carbon trading tax, and Goldman Sachs could create some more trillions of dollars with its derivatives scams.

Not at this rate... at 60000 barrels a day the gulf would be uninhabitable in 6 months.... have you seen the maximum estimates? this is also excluding the corexit. oil becomes lethal at 1 gallon for 600 gallons of water... corexit has a number alot higher then that...

You have been down that well casing then? made any good pics? you are aware that they use highly pressurized water to cut through ANYTHING? yo also know that human engineering is not capable to duplicate the massive pressure wiith wich the oil is being pumped out? ATM that oil spill DWARFS ANY watercutting-device in existence...

Cant believe people still feel this spill is minor.... humanity really does have self-destructive tendency's..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join