It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesseract Crop Circle at Cley Hill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hello All,

I've come across this one this morning and got drawn into reading the article.

Interesting to say the least. 5th Dimension, planet alignments, Euler's formula, Don Alejandro...

I recommend reading this article, it's got some good points.

siderealview.wordpress.com...

Nice one.

~S.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Cool, i just recently watched "Hypercube" which is a sequel to "Cube" written and directed by Vincenzo Natali.

The hypercube is a sort of puzzle/prison where various cube rooms are set up with traps, the rooms seem to move round. There are various symbols of the "tesseract" inscribed in the rooms - A alledged impossible (4th dimension) concept.

The films involves concepts such as quantam teleportation and time distortion. A brilliant watch to anyone who's interested.

On the crop circle front, there are too many people out there, documented to experiment with geometry on a large scale as a hobby, and especially to invoke exitement in the UFO arena.

I'd like to see more though. Nice post op.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Except that is not a tesseract pictured. I haven't been able to name it yet, but a tesseract is a cube within a cube when expressed three-dimensionally.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It's a star of David.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Euler’s formula, expressed as the equation (e ^ (i * Pi) + 1 = 0), exists and is provable, but nobody knows what it means.

I laughed out loud at that one.

I most definitely understand what Euler's Identity means. It means complex exponentials are periodic functions, and helps in the 2D representation of complex numbers. (Or, more importantly to engineering, the complex representation of the second dimension!)

What a joke.

On Euler's Identity, though: perhaps everyone can appreciate its mathematical beauty. It contains one of each of the most important numbers in math: 0, the additive identity; 1, the multiplicative identity; pi, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter; i, the imaginary unit=+sqrt(-1). It also has one each of the first few important operations: addition, multiplication (repeated addition), exponentiation (repeated multiplication).

Math trivia for the day.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

No the star of david (otherwise known as a Hexagram) is divisible by 3 in terms of sides per shape, and is crossing triangles, not crossing rectactles.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow, I gotta say it, that crop circle is very impressive, the work that went into that to produce such a fantastic view from above beggars belief, Hell I just live down the road from Wiltshire, crop circles seem to spring up all the time there (because the geezers doing them live there I’d imagine) and I’ve seen a few with my own eyes, but this one done on the 9th is something else, hat off to the people that made this.. As for the article posted in the OP.. Sorry it came across as a load of BS to me… seriously this and many others like it are done by Man, I’m not saying ALL crop circles are Manmade but 99% in my own humble opinion are.. But this one is very very well done!!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

You see very well my friend.

It is a star of david. Or, as ATS likes to say, the fundamental structure of the vacuum in which we all exist in. Ie building block of life.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I smell a religious fanatic.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by christianpatrick

It's a star of David.

i noticed that too, i also noticed it is a 6 sided cross, or 4/8 plus signs (+)

seconds

[edit on 18-7-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Hello All,

I've come across this one this morning and got drawn into reading the article.

Interesting to say the least. 5th Dimension, planet alignments, Euler's formula, Don Alejandro...

I recommend reading this article, it's got some good points.

siderealview.wordpress.com...

This is NOT a tesseract and has nothing to do with it. I am a professional mathematician. This is what a 4-cube looks like:
en.wikipedia.org...
It's a pity that bloggers wishing to find significance for the latest crop circle grab at mathematical concepts they only half understand and then people on forums repeat their errors by creating threads about their blogs. They do the topic of crop circles a great disservice by posting invalid interpretations, thereby exposing the sloppy speculations that surround this subject.

top topics

join