It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma process improves UAV aerodynamics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Plasma process improves UAV aerodynamics

www.engineeringtalk.com

Tristar's Surface Modification Division (SMD) has improved the aerodynamics of a military manufacturer's unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), which are used in enemy intelligence gathering.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sciencedaily.com
www.newscientist.com
www.examiner.com
www.spyflight.co.uk

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I guess many have been screaming and carrying their torches ablaze scouring the hills, hunting for supposed land sightings of non earth based life forms, while simultaneously observing the sky on the off chance they might be amongst the very few who truly witness a craft that defies logic and the rational approach to craft that simply do not adhere to gravity or its fundamental principles. Keep in mind that the human body can sustain a certain amount of g's, the rest i leave up to you ats's to review and ponder.

People are barely able to comprehend the extent as to what the new era of UAV's is about. We truly are on the verge of star wars as Mr. Regan had so eloquently spoke while addressing the U.N. These craft my humble ats's are our front line of defense for things to come.

These are indeed interesting times, slowly all the relevant information is slowly being applied here and there so if and when anyone is accused, then they can simply point to sites that have systematical posted and therefore shoot down any conspiracy theories that information is being withheld. Triangle craft with pulsating sound's, rapid acceleration and deceleration are the more common and well documented craft seen across the world. Although at this point, i should point out that many of these sightings are nothing more than an illusion or brain function that has its flaws. Lets face it, were only human and by no means perfect.

Within the first link, i recommend you take the time to read / dissect what is expressed as a specific function of such a craft/s.

www.engineeringtalk.com

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Article seems to only talk about how Predator engineers have started using plasma welding techniques on the wings to improve performance, has nothing to do with deploying plasma in actual flight.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Within the first link, i recommend you take the time to read / dissect what is expressed as a specific function of such a craft/s.

www.engineeringtalk.com

Oh, the irony.

The client wanted to improve the bond of the wing edge to better resist air stream forces.

The SMD engineering team deployed its plasma process to treat the wing edges for better bonding.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Article seems to only talk about how Predator engineers have started using plasma welding techniques on the wings to improve performance, has nothing to do with deploying plasma in actual flight.

I guess i should have stated this particular link
www.sciencedaily.com...

Its all around us, you simply need to know were and what to look for:
web.mit.edu...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

well if you're wondering how one could resit Gs, quick compressions of gas via EM forces and freezing to make them dense would generate a weak gravity field. Strong enough and you could spin it for an ergo sphere. This temporal affect would enable what appears to be impossible moves that are not really because it's just time being affected. It's actually going pretty slow to its own relativity.

Of course thats technology 60 years away so nevermind.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I wouldn't 60 years away, but would it be slightly out of tune if i was to mention past 30 odd years ?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

The technology has been possible to build for the last 10-15. No reports of it though.

It's essentially a low-yield warp drive. Warp engines have been possible to build since about a decade ago. They cost too much though.

It's a simple process. Spin a dense mass so fast that the time around it goes faster because space-time gets twirled up by it. Then you can literally fly around in a 2 mph blimp. All that matters is how much spin you pump into it. The 2mp blimp can be miraged as a 200 mph speed racer.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Agreed, well that is what is considered as National Security and obviously anyone dealing with such information on a practical and not a theoretical is what is considered as high priority with no questions asked. But allow me to point out, that the cost factor may have been a deterrent some 20 years ago but that deterrent has simply faded away and is not considered a hurtle for current or future advances in that particular field. Beyond this post regarding what you have touched as a topic i would rather not proceed as its a touch and go issue. Then again we could hypothesize on the variables.

A quick glimpse and bringing people upto speed.
www.physorg.com...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I understand the Spirit flys with positively charged leading edge surfaces and negatively charged trailing edges....this is said to improve the flight charactaristics considerably ie LIFT

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Since this thread does revolve around uav's and obviously everyone is well aware of darpa's involvement and huge success in this field but what many seem to over look and continue to report strange triangles in the upper atmosphere is the falcon hpersonic vehicle. Its well worth your time to read up on its current status but information is sketchy as always. The only descent and obvious data that was given out was the size of its test bed needed in order for a suitable data analysis on reentry data. The proposed test bed size was projected to be from California to Australia, roughly (7918 miles), it dwarfs the area 51 test bed site...doesn't it ?

new topics

top topics

join