It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground tunnel complexes FOUND ON MOON

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

Originally posted by ickylevel
The article says it's lava tubes, dudes.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ickylevel]

And the article couldn't possibly be wrong. I mean since they have studied it in such detail and sent robotic probes to examine it. They couldn't possibly be guessing considering they have come to that conclusion in such a scientific way. [/sacasim]

Of course they could be wrong, but you'll have to agree that the lava tube explanation seems faaar more plausible than the one about intelligent species on the moon had dug them out?

Because the latter doesn't seem all that scientific either to be honest

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

And whys that? How would you be so sure?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rasalhague

I agree the alien idea prolly isn't very likely, but it bothers me when people act like just because it's in an article it means the article must be correct. Don't belive everything you read. There could be other explinations and since all we have is one or two photos taken from orbit, it's way to early to say "they are lava tubes, case closed."

Less than a year ago we were told there was no water on the Moon. Now we know it's all over the place. Water at the Lunar equator even. Saying these holes are lava tubes as if that's a fact is just plain wrong and not scientific at all. It's like seeing a picture of a buial mound and saying it's a natural hill.

I'd love to send probes or even humans to the Moon in order to study how these things were formed. We won't do that if we assume we already know the answers.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hey hey everyone!!

This is very interesting. I recently had a thread about the moon holes which were photographed by the recent Japanese scout mission to the moon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could these holes be entrances to these newly discovered tunnels?

--Gemini Sky =)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
reply to post by rasalhague

I agree the alien idea prolly isn't very likely, but it bothers me when people act like just because it's in an article it means the article must be correct. Don't belive everything you read. There could be other explinations and since all we have is one or two photos taken from orbit, it's way to early to say "they are lava tubes, case closed."

Less than a year ago we were told there was no water on the Moon. Now we know it's all over the place. Water at the Lunar equator even. Saying these holes are lava tubes as if that's a fact is just plain wrong and not scientific at all. It's like seeing a picture of a buial mound and saying it's a natural hill.

I'd love to send probes or even humans to the Moon in order to study how these things were formed. We won't do that if we assume we already know the answers.

I'm with you on that one, people in general are way to found of using articles as credible evidence. And you are right, claiming anything for certain, without having researched it, is ill-adviced to say the least.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join