It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground tunnel complexes FOUND ON MOON

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Underground tunnel complexes FOUND ON MOON

www.theregister.co.uk

Space boffins believe they may be on the verge of discovering a vast, hidden network of tunnels beneath the surface of the Moon.
The tunnels aren't thought to be the work of long-extinct (or perhaps still surviving) intelligent moon aliens, perhaps driven to adopt a subterranean existence by a notional disappearing atmosphere aeons ago. Nor is any involvement by Tibetans, Elvis or others seeking a secluded dwelling far from prying human eyes suspected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Found this on The Register's site, unusual story for them i suppose, what does everyone make of this?

I like this quote:
"The tunnels aren't thought to be the work of long-extinct (or perhaps still surviving) intelligent moon aliens "

I think they are lava tunnels but thats my opinion.

The picture at Collapsed pit-crater shaft leading down to a sub-selenean tunnel seems very familiar, I'm sure I've seen it on this site but cannot find it .

best regards
zippy70

www.theregister.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Too bad we couldn't land on the moon and explore them.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zippy70
intelligent moon aliens

Even the most hardcore ATSer certainly does not believe any alien life evolved on the moon...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Intelligent moon men? I'm still looking for intelligent Earthlings

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
you mean to say lava tubes...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zippy70

Yea I did read somewhere that scientists believe that they are in fact lava tubes, will try and find it.

lava tubes on moon

[edit on 16-7-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

no its the original internet.
the internet is a series of tubes you know.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty

One thing is for sure though, intelligent Earthlings don't exist in Washingtong DC.

If these tunnels aren't of extraterrestrial origins, they could be utilized for contruction of underground bases for terrestrials.

They would certainly offer protection and construction and may be more cost effective than a surface base.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Could be remanents of the Nazi/Orion base on the dark side, but who knows. Would make sense though.

I believed they named the base 'Luna' from what I've read, but that is complete conspiracy stuff and frankly I have yet to find truly credable sources to there actually being a base other than photoshopped pictures from NASA obviously blurring out the structures (they did a bad job). But considering the moon crashed into earth long ago and formed our current earth and moon, I doubt they are lava tubes.

Other possibilities:

!) US/Russian/Chinese base on moon, or took over old one.
2) Alien city/base of operations for mining.
3) Moon worms ( C'mon I had too
)
4) caverns formed by expanding gases as the moon cooled after the impact.

Those are just a couple ideas. i like my friends the most. He says the moon is what is left of Nibiru after it crashed into earth. And no I am not a planet X believer, yet.....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
People see a large, collapsed crater, veiled by darkness, and their imaginations get active. It's only natural, I guess... you have to admit, finding a mysterious pit on the moon (and, for that matter, on Mars) is pretty exciting. That's one thing the scientists and the conspiracy theorists can agree on.

... But I, for one, am pretty convinced that it is not a secret underground base. Though I never claim to be 100% sure of anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If there was really a pit or tunnel or something that we could use to actually live up there. The government would have already been using it as a base and they sure as hell wouldn't have told us anything about it.

As per normal government operating procedure.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

ok, whatever , tubes tunnels....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty

Haha, good one there. If you ever found one I think it would be one of mankinds greatest discoveries

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
well crap they found my hidden secret base wait where exactly was it found on moon surface. and if you find any contraband like 20 tonnes of pot or a evil death ray particle cannon , or 6 years worth of juggs or hustler magazines i know nothing about it. dam i hope they don't find my gps coordinates in any of the eagles i left up there.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Now if we could only set up a permanent camera to see if anything flies in or out of it.

It is hard to determine by the pic, but who knows for sure right?
Nice find, thanks.

Peacee

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The article says it's lava tubes, dudes.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

no its the original internet.
the internet is a series of tubes you know.

Ha! Epic joke!

2nd

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I just thought of something weird ages and eons ago our ancestors lived in caves and now we want to go to the moon and live in caves

I don't know what that means ,but I had a vision of us hopping from planet to planet just to live in caves

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
The article says it's lava tubes, dudes.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ickylevel]

And the article couldn't possibly be wrong. I mean since they have studied it in such detail and sent robotic probes to examine it. They couldn't possibly be guessing considering they have come to that conclusion in such a scientific way. [/sacasim]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join