It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these doing here: 71 40 19.71 S, 2 49 38.50 W

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Any ideas what these are and why they're here? In Antactica.

ANd how about that path in the first phot, leading to a ?hatch? or some "thing". What do you guys make of this?

[edit on 7/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
No idea what that is all about, but it sure doesnt look like your typical ice core drilling they usually are doing. Any ideas which countrys territory it is in ?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Is this from google earth? just for note.

From my best drunk judgement the black is obviously water, But to the water to show black meens 1 of 2 things. The water is heated from below the surface or recently broken and the ice crushed.... Now down to the gritty!!!!

Im not sure about the red on the edges but if you look on the left hand side you will see a depression running from the object in question and running into the distance to a smaller object (maybe an entrance/bunker. That i think may show a either a mains line i.e electrical or gass that is basicly heating up the snow above and causing a collapse in the snow.

What this is i have no idea but has to be not for our own good if you ask me

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The red markings seem to be evenly spaced, so perhaps some form of markers, what scale though no idea. If that 'bunker' to the north is a bunker or entrance of some sort, then the scale of those red markings is not small. Maybe someone who's worked on the wharfs may know.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've posted on this before.
probably some abandoned research station.

or it's something else.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
OP, if you zoom in closer those red "lights" look like markers, the buildings look like hangars (and they look angled into the ground). I used the measurement tool on the "hangar" doors and they each measure about 130'.

Odd for sure!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Would they be painted markers or illuminated markers do you think?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Looks like an ark or bugout location, I sure am not going down there to fight anyone. Excellent locality if ya ask me.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Pan over to 2 49 33 6w. Very interesting find! It isn't a small scale operation that's for sure. Can we find somebody that has abit of knowledge on the 'going ons' down there?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Apparently they have been there since at least 2007.
See here:

ETA: My duh, I see the date on the images is 2006.
I will rephrase, they have been known about since 2007, one would think someone would have come up with som answers in that amount of time.

I read some more from the link I posted, got this:

Investigator's Notes: I verified that the box structures are near the location of the geographical coordinates supplied by the witness. I turned on all labels in Google Earth and the structures were not labeled. However, I don't believe that this necessarily means that they are not manmade. Suspicious objects and structures have been showing up on Google Earth images in the past few years. Some Google Earth images seem to show unknown aerial vehicles. A local researcher has identified the structures in the above images as belonging to "SANAE IV" research base of the South African National Antarctic Program (SANAP).

[edit on 16-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
this has been posted and discussed (at great length if i remember correctly) already.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

It's from Google earth. I think the black is just shadow. I was away for a few minutes, but I'll look around the the area as someone else suggested.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It is real, apparently. I posted above that is evidently a South African Research station.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066
Pan over to 2 49 33 6w. Very interesting find! It isn't a small scale operation that's for sure. Can we find somebody that has abit of knowledge on the 'going ons' down there?

Yeah, what's going on down there? Are those telephone poles? And another hatch?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
And if you pan around a little in the area of those pole thingies you can see little dark circles in the snow. Ventilation for underground facility maybe?
(I seem to always be on an underground base hunt).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
And if you pan around a little in the area of those pole thingies you can see little dark circles in the snow. Ventilation for underground facility maybe?
(I seem to always be on an underground base hunt).

These:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
According to google searches, it is a South African Antarctic research station. They are doing ionosphere and geomagnetic research.

Here is info on it: en.wikipedia.org...

And from SANAE itself: www.sanap.ac.za...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DerekJR321]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
And you know what else is odd. Most everythingdown there is labeled as such and such base camp. But not this. What gives? Launch bays for something?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Your picture is looking at the roof of one of their facilities.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Darn. Back to the hunt then. Thanks for the info. Another wild underground base hunt fizzles out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join