It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is Happening :: Global Consciousness Project

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have most certainly enjoyed reading through this post.I feel like I have learned something new that obviously I wasn't aware of prior to now. Thank you OP for this. S&F.

I am also glad we got the blue red part cleared up as I was a bit lost as well! I wonder if it spikes when people are waiting for a prediction. For example: When Blossom Goodchild was talking about first contact back in Oct. Man was that two years ago now or last year? My how time flies. Or people thought there might be contact during the world cup. I hope you get the gist of where I am going here. I just wonder if anticipation of events people might be excited about might be causing the spikes as well.

I know there was a I guess white egg or none colored when I just looked, but I will be watching this now. Kind of exciting actually!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Zagari, you must have been going to a differnt GCP every day than I have. As I said in one of my posts, I have been watching GCP just about every day for years. I'm entirely used to the normal shifts in patterns that are represented in the variances. However, that said, yesterday's plot was extremely unusual in my experience. There are often somewhat brief 'red shifts' from time-to-time, but not like yesterday.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hello, very interesting thread. I am quite sure that the collective global consciousness is existent, however, I am discussing this on another board and a skeptic has presented me with this:

"It's a bunch if crap.

skeptoid.com...

www.skepdic.com...

"All we know from these experiments is that the data are considered anomalous by people like Nelson and Radin. This may or may not prove to be of scientific interest. No, I think we can safely say that this will not prove to* be of any interest to most scientists. It is a leap of faith to assume that every seemingly strange statistic uncovered is proof of psi or some other mysterious entity like global consciousness. Weird statistics are seductive, but they prove nothing. In any case, these statistics don't seem nearly as weird as those who collect them.

Physicist Bob Park has suggested that a sure-fire test for global consciousness would be to use a microbalance and have groups of people try to move it with their thoughts (Park 2008, 138-139). A microbalance can make precise measurements on the order of a millionth of a gram. Maybe if enough people scrunch up their faces and concentrate real hard at sending this suggestion to Radin and Nelson, they will be driven to do the experiment.

Don't hold your breath."

How would you suggest I counter his assertions, or does he actually have a valid point?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
hey i'm not a regular observer of the gcp patterns but have been watching it again since this thread drew my attention to it, and i have a question for someone a little more familiar:

the event mentioned showed strong, blue-heavy fluctuation, and now it seems very predominantly in the red area. the novice would imagine it to mostly in the yellow centre... is this recent red trend a normal occurrence?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

i would suggest that this was the typical attempt of a highly un-weird scientist to measure time with a ruler. scientists with their ever-improving and hence never perfect understanding will always be at least a step behind of what really is.

but then again, i am ludicrously unskeptical.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by darkcircle2009]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by darkcircle2009

The green area is normal randomness. In known scientific fact, it should always be green...hence the question "Why does it shift?"

-Keeper of an REG on the GCP network. See my posts starting on page 6 of this thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am going to be straight with you and normally anyone that knows me knows me as a person who is not a liar and do not look to cause any problems and this is true in this post.

If you choose to believe me I thank you and if not then I am sorry for that.
I have been undergoing something since 2008. To go fully into the details would be to write a book but I will say this. Back in that year I was meditating in my garden and I saw two UFO’s. The end result was I went kind of crazy for a time. I really seemed to just go off the rails and I did not care about the bills, I did not care about my wife and I literally forgot about my responsibilities.

For almost a year my wife and I split up because I literally flipped the bird at everyone and I would not dance, I would not listen or be true to anything or anyone but my dog because in all honesty I thought I wanted to die. Through thick and thin as I spiralled into hell in that small apartment I talked only to my dog and I would never leave but to walk my dog at night because I did not want to see humans.

I lost my job and I did not care in fact laughed at my boss and did one of those moonwalk things out the door, bowed and was gone – free at last!

In hindsight I wished I had not when I realised all I had to live on was my savings and my war pension. I lost so much weight so quickly because I never ate that my true friend she thought I might be dying. She used to come and make sure I was still kicking and she would just sit there and listen to me while I repeated what had happened over and over again like a record asking her how such a thing could have happened, how can governments not know about these visitors. She is a Wiccan so knows all about being laughed at for a difference. She never judged me she never laughed at me and sometimes she just held me as I went into another meltdown.

I was quite literally in a hell but I did not care because I thought the end would be death and I was kind of looking forward to it!

This was my awakening and it hurt me because before 2008 I was one with ego. The UFO encounter somehow forced me to confront my ego and in doing so I pretty much self destructed.

Today I am completely different and I changed my avatar to show the change because it is like a tsunami that has blown away fear, shown me hope since my first UFO encounter at 03:00, 2008. My wife has seen a UFO (I posted the account here) and last month 7th of May my daughters, a neighbour and myself watched a UFO fly over to us, hover over us and something very weird happened to me.

My 21 year old daughter told me this; she said I babbled about “brothers and sisters, be one with love and to just show it a smile and love blah and blah” I waved to this light and then it took off toward the ski slope on the Pentland hills east of here.

Why did I post? I posted because there is a consciousness shift going on right now and you can feel it and I know for a fact that there some of you out there that know exactly I mean because you have seen what I have seen.

I am not unstable I am not a wack, I was in the Parachute Regiment and I was a Combat Radio Operator with the Royal Corps of Signals and so I am not prone to dropping my brains on the floor.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that SmokeJaguar67.

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
Why did I post? I posted because there is a consciousness shift going on right now and you can feel it and I know for a fact that there some of you out there that know exactly I mean because you have seen what I have seen.

Yeah. I would say you underwent a shamanic emergence. I think that the UFO phenomenon is initiating humanity, one person at a time.

spiritualemergency.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Thank you for posting this link and for your words as I appreciate them immensely. I am now back to 'normality' but the person that came back is not the person that left.

I will read that blog from top to bottom as I had not seen it before and I am thus very glad to see it.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Perhaps the GCP dot is related to equipment heating up in the warmer year we are in worldwide. Probably just a glitch.

On the other hand, maybe it has to do with the China UFO, and we are all coming together for a change.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by darkcircle2009

When we say constantly improving, that means constantly getting more precise. effectively adding another digit to .00001 to make it .000001.

If the whole planet cannot move something that small, even an inch, then it is all shoots and ladders to begin with.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Originally posted by Son of Will
We're not alone on this planet. There are other sentient, highly-conscious entities who may very well be contributing to this GC effect. What if they know about impending disasters, and such "alien" (for lack of a better term) foreknowledge is registering on these events? Just my .02

Not being pedantic but is that simply your opinion or do you know that there are other sentient beings on Earth apart from human beings as fact?

en.wikipedia.org...

In the philosophy of consciousness, "sentience" can refer to the ability of any entity to have subjective perceptual experiences, or "qualia".[1] This is distinct from other aspects of the mind and consciousness, such as creativity, intelligence, sapience, self-awareness, and intentionality (the ability to have thoughts that mean something or are "about" something). Sentience is a minimalistic way of defining 'consciousness', which is otherwise commonly used to collectively describe sentience plus other characteristics of the mind.

Many people consider animals to be "sentient beings." (Though clearly their intelligence is not like our own in some ways) More and more, research into social animals is discovering that they even have rudimentary "morals" not unlike our own. Just more basic, and less well developed.

Not trying to convince you one way or the other, people who do not consider animals as anything more than walking food cannot be convinced, but there is a pretty good body of evidence that they are sentient, if not in precisely the way we are.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

The timeline you mention is about where my awakening really begun in full swing. It started sometime earlier than that but I did not notice really until about 2008 when I gave up with this world. Things were not right, and nothing I did helped solve the problems. People didn't want to hear the solutions, they fought against truth preferring to keep things the way they were...reciting cliches that "It is the way it is!" as a reason to keep it the way it is. I gave up in a sense...my life took me another direction, and I found myself consciously awakening to the truth of why I felt this way and most importantly that I was not alone.

Great post...thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

We've accounted for the heating effect.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

Physicist Bob Park has suggested that a sure-fire test for global consciousness would be to use a microbalance and have groups of people try to move it with their thoughts (Park 2008, 138-139). A microbalance can make precise measurements on the order of a millionth of a gram. Maybe if enough people scrunch up their faces and concentrate real hard at sending this suggestion to Radin and Nelson, they will be driven to do the experiment.

Don't hold your breath."

How would you suggest I counter his assertions, or does he actually have a valid point?

How I would counter that is by saying that consciousness and telekinesis are not the same thing. We are still arguing philosophically (and scientifically) what consciousness actually is, (is thought required for consciousness?) etc. but to try to make consciousness somehow related to telekinesis seems rather odd to me. Likewise when he says that concentrating really hard to send a thought, (telepathy) somehow has anything to do with consciousness. Surely he does not doubt his own consciousness, and can he use either telekinesis or telepathy? If not, then why would he think it more valid that a shared or collective consciousness would have these qualities?

Thats what I would say.

I would also say that I have no problem with skepticism, or taking a wait and see attitude. But I do get annoyed at silly comparisons, and piss poor logic. But then I dont mind starting stuff sometimes.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Not to mention the project is called the Global Consciousness Project based upon the original hypothesis (based upon individual experiments) that it MIGHT be related to that. In truth, no one knows WHAT is causing the REGs to deviate. The only thing we know is that it shouldn't happen --- yet it does.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kingdave

If green is the statistical norm, then what we're currently seeing as bobbing between yellow, orange, and red is uncommon? If so, how uncommon? As in, when was the last time it showed so much deviance, for such a prolonged period of time?

Lastly, where can I find data for different dates? The site is a little confusing.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'd asked for someone to post pics of old to compare to now and no response except a site that shows numbers,...
Well how am I suppose to compare that

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Anyone ever stand by a radio or TV using the antenna?

Often times a person will effect the signal, adding distorting, or clearing it up. By experimenting, I found that I could either distort, or clear up the signal by me mood, so I think there could be something to all of this. To those who doubt me, try it, I bet you will find you can do the same thing.

I know I have been going through a profound change these last several years, going completely against logic, and following my instincts. I have been lazy, unorganized, all the things I have never been in the past. something has been telling me to wait, but I can feel the change, time to start acting, but I am not sure what I am supposed to do. Often I wonder if I am just giving in to my own whims. There sure seems to be a lot of other people going through strange times right now, especially spiritual people.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I can relate.

May 7th was my 7x7, bd. Supposedly I am now who I am supposed to be, with the return of Chiron.

What did the UFO look like? Could it have been a foo fighter?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join