It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy Fact or Faked

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

This tv show Fact or Faked is based in YouTube videos that made certain stir among the
community, This is a bad reference because we all know YouTube videos are highly
contaminated and not trustable but SyFy channel and BASE productions well, they look
for ratings besides this is a reality show format, very popular these days in tv so what
can we expect. The good part is that they are covering the UFO and Paranormal
subjects wich is better than nothing and yes, we can take it on the humorous side and
have a good laugh sometimes after all is tv it's entertainment.

In my opinion the Fact or Faked team are hired actors trained for this reality show, I
don't think they are researchers, never heard of them so if there was a casting for this
reality show and they are actors don't expect too much in the sense of convincing
attitudes and arguments. On the other side they are nice and good looking so it's an
entertaining hour every week.

What can we expect for this Fact or Faked weekly tv show? It's very simple, SyFy
channel will evaluate the ratings and if they don't get the expected response they will
cancel the series as usual in the tv business. In my opinion the SyFy channel is not a
popular or well known tv channel, audience reduced to a limited range on cable or
Dish Network it was a long time since the last Paranormal and UFO tv show was
produced for this network if I can remember it was the Proof Positive tv show the
last time they broadcast a similar series, at that time it was the SCIFI Channel.

I think the success of this reality show Fact or Faked will depend on the cases they
investigate, must be good interesting cases that attract the audience, not just any
YouTube video posted by anonymous source showing a clear fake or joke. Last night
episode was a good attempt in my opinion but most of all they acted honestly and
recognized they couldn't debunk that specific case, an attitude that defines what is
going to be their position hopefully impartial when presenting the cases.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by free_spirit]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by free_spirit]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

I don't take it any more seriously than I do Ghost Hunters or UFO Hunters. Same canned format. Just an entertaining diversion. At least it's not WWE or Dinocroc vs Mega Piranha.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Excellent show, I really enjoy this. I am glad someone is going out there and investigating these videos and putting them to the test. The explanation for "Ghost Car" turned out to be what a lot of people on here were suspecting. I thought that the creatures in the last episode would be easier to debunk, I thought they gave up too soon on trying to replicate that. I don't know what to make of the strange happenings in the woods though.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
clearly this show is not targeted as ATS members. but that fresno incident I cant figure it out. batteries failing? weird shaped animal? we also have to consider whether people around the area could be messing with the crew if they knew they were coming ahead of time.

Looked like a pair of some broads pants slid down on fishing line like a fraternity joke. You would be shocked what kids nowadays do when they are tanked and sauced up. Those silly kids and they got away with it. The show did a poor job And seems to rush through debunking "thinking about the 5 dollar footlong" ammeters. Si FI could do better than recruit dimwits from the local junior college. Obviously a hoax. This was like a cheesy sequel of of the sisterhood of the traveling pants gone straight to DVD.

More like a job for scooby doo

At least in my day they had hoaxes that were believable like "raining rocks" they don't make em like they use to... no fun

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think this show is rigged-for-ratings. Why? Well, I caught the tail end of last night's show covering Lake Havasua, Arizona.

This team was either incredibly lucky or incredibly 'pre-prepped' because they were trying to duplicate and replicate a UFO sighting that was captured on film.

And out of ALL the UFO props out there, they successfully 'purchased' the exact right sized balloon! And not only that, out of millions of people (that day on the 4th of July) they actually found a 'witness' to this sighting who........informed them that it was indeed a balloon! Now, that's mighty lucky eh?

So how about, this Sy-Fy team GOT this information first then.....preceded to reenact a bogus investigation and totally spun this story around?

I think this show is a farce and won't last too long.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
long time reader, first time poster.

So far for this show I thought they done a decent job doing investigations. I thought the Lake Havasu UFO could of be debunked without the need to try to replicate it. Their footage of the UFO on the first show is interesting, however doesn't really show the object turning or making any of the "impossible" movements they were describing.

We all know Youtube is stuffed to the brink with fake UFO videos, but if they can find a golden nugget that shows good footage of a UFO it's worth watching the show.
I know SyFy isn't probably a reputable as the History Channel but, at least it's a show that deals with UFOs.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I watched the show but it really didn't impress me. They did one experiment where they beamed a laser at a pane of glass and it looked almost exactly like what we saw in the footage but they still rejected that experiment as a failure.

I'll still watch the show, but only because Jael is insanely cute

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join