It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy Fact or Faked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

SyFy is how the cable channel is spelling their name these days.

Not sure why they changed it to this though.

< - - - - Edit For - - - - >

Chamberf=6 Beat me to it

[edit on 7/16/2010 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by NightVision

The channel changed it's name/spelling to SyFy last year.

Can't technically call a line-up of ghost shows and WWE "Sci-Fi" I guess.

Thanks Stern.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Can't technically call a line-up of ghost shows and WWE "Sci-Fi" I guess.

Have you seen those guys on WWE recently? Looks like a bunch of Sci-Fi film rejects to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I watched the show for the first time and was impressed by their approach to debunking supposed paranormal videos (the Savannah, Ga Car Chase and Arizona Lights). My question to fellow ATS'ers is this. With regards to the couple in Florida who claimed to have been abducted by aliens (thus the footage of the creepy alien standing motionless, staring while they sleep), is anyone aware of this case or know of any websites that cater to this particular story? It did make my hair stand on end that's for sure. Also, at the beginning of the Fact or Faked (opening credits), there was a video of something that looked as if it were walking with a limp or maybe on one leg through a forested area. Does anyone know what that was or has anyone seen it elsewhere on the net? I just remember it being a black and white (taped at night)video which I found quite disturbing. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
how come no one is talking about the ufo they caught at night in the end? wasnt that strange? are we only allowed to talk about ufo videos caught by people like us and not a tv crew?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here is the problem I see. They just happen to be out at the right time, in the right place, looking at the right spot in the sky and the exact limited time frame they happen to be in Phoenix. There are people out there nightly and they never see anything.

I live in the area and I can tell you that Luke Air Force Base is in the area and there is a military flight path very close to us. F-16 fighter jets fly in the area daily and nightly. They make passovers that are silent and you don't hear anything until the afterburners. Since they are not that high in the sky, they go by very fast. The video on the show doesn't show the stop and direction change. It shows the light going left, then another clip shows it going right. I wold like to see a continuous clip without interruption.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes6
Here is the problem I see. They just happen to be out at the right time, in the right place, looking at the right spot in the sky and the exact limited time frame they happen to be in Phoenix. There are people out there nightly and they never see anything.

I live in the area and I can tell you that Luke Air Force Base is in the area and there is a military flight path very close to us. F-16 fighter jets fly in the area daily and nightly. They make passovers that are silent and you don't hear anything until the afterburners. Since they are not that high in the sky, they go by very fast. The video on the show doesn't show the stop and direction change. It shows the light going left, then another clip shows it going right. I wold like to see a continuous clip without interruption.

and the worst part is that they instantly labeled it as paranormal. and that was the first episode. couldnt they be skeptical alittle?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I was interested in the show up until the point where they filmed a UFO of their own while trying to debunk.

One would think they would spend more time analyzing and trying to figure out just what they saw than a measly 6min. I also have a huge issue with the fact they never showed the entire clip. When analyzing their video at the end it appears by everyone's reactions that they saw something spectacular.

The only thing they showed us, the viewers, was 2 edited clips and said the object did an instant 180 turn at extreme speeds. If it did so and was caught on tape, why not show it? False info for ratings by corporate producers?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Started to here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My $.02 on the ghost car. I actually remember reading this conclusion on a forum post a couple years ago, which made me surprised when I saw the video pop up on their show...

I was more worried they would get it wrong somehow but they came to the conclusion that I had long since been convinced of...

[edit on 7/19/2010 by bobbyt]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That is probably a fun show to watch..thanx for sharing

I work with extra terrestrials for the government so this will be very fun for me
,i will show this to my science lab
= cool to see some fake aliens every now and then
, this show is probably good for the public, warming up for the welcome

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
That is probably a fun show to watch..thanx for sharing

I work with extra terrestrials for the government so this will be very fun for me
,i will show this to my science lab
= cool to see some fake aliens every now and then
, this show is probably good for the public, warming up for the welcome

Well, tell your alien buddies to hurry up. We're getting tired of waiting, and we might be in a fighting mood by the time they show up.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
UPDATE - The second episode of the SyFy new series Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files
was just released with the title Unwanted Visitors; Strange Sightings.They investigated
two cases, the Fresno CA Aliens footage and the July 3, 09 Lake Havasu City, AZ footage.

This is the Fresno CA alleged aliens footage recorded by a security cam. The team tried
to recreate this incident by several ways but unsuccessfully, at the end they considered
the case unexplained.

This is the Lake Havasu City alleged UFO sighting footage recorded by Mike Preston and
his family on July 3, 2009. The team made a recreation with a saucer shaped balloon
and looked very similar, then they interviewed a local ranger officer who confirmed to
have seen the UFO balloon but in the ground that day before it was released for a tv
commercial. The case was considered not a deliberate hoax but a simple confusion by
the family.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by free_spirit]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by free_spirit]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I really thought the "Fresno alien" clip was interesting, especially when the batteries died in their equipment and camera 3 got knocked over with no one around. What really got my attention was the two moving objects picked up in the infrared camera and the tracks leading into a nearby lake. I hope in a future episode they continue this investigation and go back out there to hopefully get more footage and maybe get a better idea of whats really out there in that lake/forest area.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RavenX
I really thought the "Fresno alien" clip was interesting, especially when the batteries died
in their equipment and camera 3 got knocked over with no one around. What really got
my attention was the two moving objects picked up in the infrared camera and the tracks
leading into a nearby lake. I hope in a future episode they continue this investigation and
go back out there to hopefully get more footage and maybe get a better idea of whats
really out there in that lake/forest area.

Actually they did that in this episode and went to the forest with advanced equipment
following a posible lead but then they experienced some very weird incidents like the
tv monitors began failing, a digital microphone placed on the ground mysteriously
stopped working, when they checked the place they found the microphone was thrown
apart from the tripod, this part of the investigation was interesting.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

Originally posted by RavenX
I really thought the "Fresno alien" clip was interesting, especially when the batteries died
in their equipment and camera 3 got knocked over with no one around. What really got
my attention was the two moving objects picked up in the infrared camera and the tracks
leading into a nearby lake. I hope in a future episode they continue this investigation and
go back out there to hopefully get more footage and maybe get a better idea of whats
really out there in that lake/forest area.

Actually they did that in this episode and went to the forest with advanced equipment
following a posible lead but then they experienced some very weird incidents like the
tv monitors began failing, a digital microphone placed on the ground mysteriously
stopped working, when they checked the place they found the microphone was thrown
apart from the tripod, this part of the investigation was interesting.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post but that is what I meant, to go further into the investigation from what they already showed in tonights episode, so we could maybe get a better idea of what they saw. I know they did the thermal and 4 placement camera, but I would have liked them to investigate the trails/lake and general area more in a future episode so we could get a better idea of whats really out there.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by RavenX]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I was looking forward to this show thinking it would be a bunch of professionals but it is really a bunch of nobody's. like a group of dumb teens watching a horror film with Ohhhhhs and Ahhhhhs. Like a bunch of random picked people picked off the street and the former FBI guy is fairly young so assuming he could not hack it in the FBI and his simpleton approach (does not have an opinion on anything)

I question the poor debunking methods I mean... we have better people here on ATS with qualifications. Who are these people and where does si fi find them? Ghost Hunters is far more professional even Jason and Grant could do a better job debunking than this pack of kids. This show is a major FAIL imo.

Did you see the balloons with electrical cord hanging 10 feet above ground? I laughed hard on that one what the hell are these people doing? Shining a laser pointer on a piece of glass? Cmon really? They wasted time with the balloon UFO when it was being blown around in the footage to begin with.

The UFO footage caught made up for the 45 minites of absolute FAIL though in episode 1

The Ghost Car going under the fence was not a surprise that has been obvious since the first time i seen it.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
clearly this show is not targeted as ATS members. but that fresno incident I cant figure it out. batteries failing? weird shaped animal? we also have to consider whether people around the area could be messing with the crew if they knew they were coming ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This show was absolute garbage. Very convenient how their investigations lead to their own mysteries. I remember reading an article on a show that was investigating the Jersey Devil and part of the crew staged an incident a good distance away that terrified the people on the tour. It was edited for T.V to appear as if it was real including their actions. Even after the fact that the people involved we're made known to it being a hoax.

It's a TV show, with no credible experts on a channel devoted to science fiction.

If you buy this show as genuine, may I suggest, "Operation Repo"..And that
is on a channel called TruTV.

Wake the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add: Source of TV Manipulation of Jersey Devil case

From ATS Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
The Fox TV special tried to "direct" the devil hunters, and set up a few
situations, including the female investigator (Laura K Leuter) walking ahead
of the team... and running at one point, towards them. The scream was
added by fox, to make it seem more exciting. As were growls etc from the
woods.

The whole thing took place over two days of filming, and nothing devil-
related of note happened at all, on those two days, so fox apparently had to
create "something" to justify the money spent on two days of wasted filming.
It is all detailed on the NJDevilhunters own website under Hunt#10.

From NJ Devil Hunters: www.njdevilhunters.com...

This show falsified the ending. No, I didn't see anything. No, the footprints
weren't real. No, we didn't know they were going to do that to us. This one
featured me, Shawn, and Mike, and first aired in October of 2000.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by keepureye2thesky]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The Fresno "critters" looked weird at first glance... didn't catch the whole show, but looking at the link above I'm seeing what looks like a ball with a sheet tied over it dangled by a line, moved and bounced to make it appear to be walking.

And wasn't the lake Havasu "UFO" debunked as a balloon last year? They had to pretend to figure it out... and the witnesses had to pretend not to know what it was.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join