It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy Fact or Faked

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Last night they had an episode where they attempted to debunk video footage of some UFO's over the Arizona desert. Not only couldn't they duplicate it, they captured a UFO of their own while filming overnight. Pretty interesting... kind of following the canned Ghost Hunters/UFO Hunters format.

Fact or Faked Paranormal Files

Snippet:

Bill, Larry and Chi-Lan, meanwhile, are in Arizona interviewing Jeff Willes, the man who captured the footage of the lights in the sky. Willes explains that he and his friend were researching UFOs and caught these flying lights that appeared sequentially, then seemed to hyper-jump from one configuration to a new one, disappearing and reappearing. Willes said that he called the nearby air force base the next day, and learned that they had no aircraft in the sky that night. In their first experiment, Bill and his team angle a pane of glass, then beam lasers through it to see if they would be visible in the distant sky. Indeed they are, but Bill cannot duplicate the movement from the video. Next, they harness light bulbs to helium balloons, and rig the lights so that they can be controlled from the ground. It's impressive, but still doesn't replicate the video, so Bill and Chi-Lan go looking for trace evidence while Larry watches the cameras trained on the sky. Just as Bill and Chevon hear strange humming noises, Larry radios to them saying that he's spotted a light moving across the sky. All three see it with their own eyes, and the image is also caught on the infrared cameras.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by draknoir2]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Is this the supposed documentry that was supposed to debunk the Pheonix lights?

Oh i hope so so so much..... Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Your on my hero list

I will have to wait for a decent copy on torrent to appear but i wait with glee!!!!!!

S&F!!!!!

New Guard 1 - 0 Debunkers

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Is this the supposed documentry that was supposed to debunk the Pheonix lights?

Oh i hope so so so much..... Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Your on my hero list

I will have to wait for a decent copy on torrent to appear but i wait with glee!!!!!!

S&F!!!!!

New Guard 1 - 0 Debunkers

Wasn't the famous "Phoenix Lights". It was video footage sent in by an eyewitness to other lights that appeared to "hyperjump". Lots of stuff flying around in the AZ desert.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Found it on YT.

Embedding disabled... view it HERE

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Aw damn.... So then the ATS verdict of the Sci-Fi ducumentry that was on about 10 hours ago is not this? They were supposed to be out try to debunk Pheonix and its mega event.

Dont worry though, i will still keep you on my hero list............. for now

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
Found it on YT.

Embedding disabled... view it HERE

Sorry im a internet prisoner behind the great firewall.... Sucks as i miss lots of the goodness leaking from ATS but i will search it out.... Thanks anyway

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I was watching this show last night aswell.
I like how they were able to catch something on their own cameras and not be able to explain.
I didn't like how the ghost car was explained.

anyways, SnF

Peace!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

I watched last night as well. As far as the Arizona lights the only thing I'd want to know is location, time, and date. I'd like to check it against Heavens Above.

The "ghost car" was a fail as far as I'm concerned. I'd have thought the police officer giving chase would have pushed on the fence right off the bat to see if it was loose enough to drive under. Either that's not how it happened or the police officer lied.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

I watched last night as well. As far as the Arizona lights the only thing I'd want to know is location, time, and date. I'd like to check it against Heavens Above.

The "ghost car" was a fail as far as I'm concerned. I'd have thought the police officer giving chase would have pushed on the fence right off the bat to see if it was loose enough to drive under. Either that's not how it happened or the police officer lied.

Ask Heavens-Above if any satellites do 180 degree turns on a dime then travel 10 times faster than normal.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

How do you go about debunking the Phoenix Lights? Something that was seen by thousands of people

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I was surprised nobody had started a thread about this so I started one last night when the episode aired:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Free spirit embedded the whole episode there.

Did my thread not come up in a search?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

For someone who hates TV (me) I thought this was done pretty well.

The Ghost Chase was debunked (with the same conclusion) months ago on here or another forum, I forget.
We concluded the first car went under the link-fence (just like it was shown) and it simply fell back into place by the time the cop arrived.

It only seems like a 'fail' because it's so logical and we assumed the chase car did something impossible because the cop car didn't react and do the same thing.
Hey......cops aren't gods ya know, although they act like they are!

This is to another poster:

Also, the Arizona Lights is NOT the same as the Phoenix Lights.
There is no way to replicate the Phoenix Lights so I highly doubt they'll try to debunk it. Besides, their platform is to debunk viral videos. The Phoenix Lights made national news.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The worst debunkers and teenie bopper skeptics are the ones that attempt to do it on ATS.

Why are ATS debunkers so easy to defeat?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I was surprised nobody had started a thread about this so I started one last night when the episode aired:

Free spirit embedded the whole episode there.

Did my thread not come up in a search?

I missed it.

I give up.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Yea I agree as well. I think the officer would have either kept driving and not stopped or gotten out to check what had happen. I remember seeing the ghost car video a few years ago. I'm interested in seeing what other videos this show will bring to the table.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Arbi got here first. Add to his thread HERE

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Actually I did, before the show aired. But w/e.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Have we degraded to the level where we can't even properly spell 'SciFi' anymore?

THREAD DISMISSED!

(kiddin)

Good thread. S&F. Baaaaaad spelling....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

The channel changed it's name/spelling to SyFy last year.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join