It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bell city manager might be highest paid in nation: $787,637 a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Bell city manager might be highest paid in nation: $787,637 a year

Top city officials in the small, relatively poor city of Bell might be the highest paid in the nation, according to documents reviewed by The Times.

In addition to the $787,637 salary of Chief Administrative Officer Robert Rizzo, Bell pays Police Chief Randy Adams $457,000 a year, about 50% more than Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck or Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca and more than double New York City's police commissioner. Assistant City Manager Angela Spaccia makes $376,288 annually, more than most city managers.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The median household income for a Bell resident is $40,556; with a population of 36,667. To put the salaries of Bell City employees in perspective:

HOW MUCH DO THEY MAKE?

• Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo $787,637

• President Barack Obama $400,000

• Los Angeles County Chief Executive William T Fujioka $338,458

• Los Angeles City Administrative Officer Miguel Santana $256,803

• Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa $232,425

• Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi $223,500

• Dana Point City Manager Douglas Chotkevys $203,483 (Dana Point has the same population as Bell)

• Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger $173,987 (Schwarzenegger has declined to take his salary)

• Speaker of the Assembly John A. Pérez $109,584 Source: Times reporting

And what does Robert Rizzo have to say about his incredible salary?

"If that's a number people choke on, maybe I'm in the wrong business," he said. "I could go into private business and make that money. This council has compensated me for the job I've done."

Somehow it is questionable that he could go into private business in the City of Bell and make that kind of money, but okay...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

"If that's a number people choke on, maybe I'm in the wrong business," he said. "I could go into private business and make that money. This council has compensated me for the job I've done."

Translation: Yup, they're corrupt here, and we're getting paid amounts like this because we're so good at keeping the joint corrupt, and if you don't like it, tough!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sheer greed.

I don't care how "hard" anyone works. Nobody deserves that sort of money, given that there is only x amount of money, and the more you take, the less there is for everyone else.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Um, so is Bell in California?

Edit: So it would be smart to look at the link. The small map shows that it is on the LA river. Sorry for the idiotic question.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I got to say it makes me sick that you posted this information, but it is very useful and valuable information.

I believe it to be insane that a politician makes thats much, especially when they're district or city is not doing well financially.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Amazing. Note the city of Bell is right next to Maywood (the sanctuary city) and has a 90.7% Latino population.
Surely this is somehow connected to the outrageous salaries these people are being paid. The city council who determine these salaries feel themselves to be above reproach and reward each other in the clique at the expense of the public.
Any criticism is no doubt shouted down as racism and so the party continues until they go broke just like Maywood. That won't be a problem though, they will simply lay off everyone else to make sure they can still receive their bloated salaries.
What? No bonuses? Wanna bet under the table they got those too?

thanks JPZ
your absence of late was noted.

Cheers, ATA

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well, I almost made my first real official post, but then I found this one.

I saw on Fox News that this City of only 38,000 people does not have a deficit?? Seriously, tonight I was watching Fox and they clearly said that this city not only does not have a deficit but they have a surplus of cash in the $millions???

Now I am confused. How on earth does a town with a higher percentage of unemployed and those that do work have a median income of $40,000 (household), could exist in the State of California and not be in the red is beyond me.

I am really getting an odd feeling over this. Didn't the Webbot report say that there would be a group disgruntled and storm an underground bunker? It just occurred to me that the California Hills are notorious for having such things as bunkers. I certainly think something is being hidden from the folks in this small Hamlet! Might be time to storm City Hall and find out what they are hiding and where the money is coming from. We already know where the money is going, to those crooked bastards!

It is all too odd and out of place to me! Especially in the State of California where they are lowering all hourly waged State works to minimum wage to help overcome the debt crisis there.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Sheer greed.

Agreed

I don't care how "hard" anyone works. Nobody deserves that sort of money, given that there is only x amount of money, and the more you take, the less there is for everyone else.

Disagreed

Dictating what one 'deserves' is not your job as a human being or any other entity in the world of Man.

Otherwise these people are corrupt through and through. They have taken advantage of a Public that entrusted them, but instead has been bilking them year after year with exuberant salaries.

Think of all the public works that could have been accomplished if the salary was at say $75,000 a year. Maybe new computers for the library or new bus stops or fixed potholes....

top topics

join