It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese airport UFO..... ITS BACK!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There have been plenty of times I've had a phone/camera and have gone "oh hamburgers" afterwards because I would forget I even have my camera and would get caught up in the moment ... it's a shame really considering there were some EPIC moments I could have shared lol.

HOWEVER, the only thing I can't seem to grasp is the fact that if it were hovering for an hour, that means someone had to either have eyes on or psuedo eyes (i.e. radar) on it the whole time to be able to say it was in fact there for the timeframe of an hour ... if my "oh hamburger" moments I mentioned lasted an hour vice the 30 seconds or so they normally do ... I'm pretty somewhere at the 10-minute mark, the neato factor would have dropped and I would have been a bit bored of the mundane hovering and gone "lemme get my camera out", but that's just me though.

Not saying a second incident did or didn't happen, but if there was something I witnessed for an hour straight that was amazing enough as a UFO (in the literal sense that I had no clue what I was looking up at in the air), you better believe I'd be all over Facebook and whatnot telling EVERYONE I could about it.

Regardless, there's probably some sort of cover-up as to what the object was (pertaining to the original incident). I personally think the main photo claimed to be the UFO by the MSM and local news was a long-exposure shot of a helicopter and the "missile-like" pic/vid was from around 30 JUN (I think) of just that ... a missile launch or a missile already in flight. I've seen plenty of vids and have physically seen missile launches and ones that are in flight before, and it looks exactly like that. HOWEVER, I think those two pieces of "evidence" aren't necessarily related to the event. Perhaps the probable long-exposure helo shot was ... scenario: could have been a military helo sent in response to visually recce the UFO, the original photographer snapped a pic of the helo with a long exposure and capitalized on the fact that the pic doesn't look like a conventional aircraft, claims it's the UFO, local/MSM eats it up, RSS feeds other news sites, and before you know it, you have a supposed pic of the UFO through tons of media outlets much akin to a viral marketing scheme.

In the long run however, neither you nor I know if any of those pictures/vids are of the sighted UFO at the airport ... all we're basing everything on are ubsubstantiated claims, wishful thinking, denial of information, lack of proof and many more factors. I never said "I'm right, you're wrong", but am just offering an opinion/outside perspective and NOT telling you what to think by any means.

Myself and all of you I'm sure would just like to know what the eff people saw over the airport since we weren't there! Let's hope some more info surfaces so we can make a stronger joint assessment! All-source analysis is the only way to go!

[edit on 16/7/10 by ffafguy]

[edit on 16/7/10 by ffafguy]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
I just want to get this straight..after reading all the arguments on the other thread..

This thing did NOT show up on radar..right?

I would correct that to say, the airport "claimed" it didn't show up on their radar. And maybe the claim is true, I'm just not ruling out the possibility that the claim isn't true.

There has also been some talk of a military project involvement and if so I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the airport officials are saying what they are being told to say by the military officials? I wouldn't even rule that out in the USA but it's even more possible in China.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Great catch, OP! For the record everyone, remember that we didn't get any pictures of the LAST time this thing showed up, either. All we got were pics of the recent rocket launch and, for some reason, numerous overexposed aircraft pics. But if this thing was really hovering around for an hour, there's a good chance that somebody got some visual evidence of it. At this point I hope we'll see more coverage in mainstream news outlets. Let's be patient.

Also, remember that while Chongqing is a pretty dense city in the downtown area, it's more mainland China than southeast coastal China. It's surrounded by mountains and forests, and we don't know where in the Chongqing area this occurred. I'd say there is a good chance that many of the people around during the sighting simply didn't have access to digital video equipment; many mainland Chinese families are still a little behind their coastal counterparts in terms of standard of living, simply because of the direction of industry in the country.

And for the record, Phage never said the previous sighting of this UFO was a helicopter or "swamp gas." He simply said, as many other posters said, that the photos being presented were not what people were claiming them to be.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Magnus47]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 16-7-2010 by scii_fii]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Interesting, and ABC is also covering it.
Seems like this one is gonna get covered up fairly quickly though.
Lets hope not.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWatcher11
Oh look everyone the Helicopter is back! Can't help but notice some of the members who were posting retarded comments seem to be keeping their mouths shut (Chadwickus)

www.youtube.com...

Funny looking Helicopter to me...

as i recall correctly, Chadwickus mentioned that the pic, posted in the 1st incident thread, looked like a picture of an (long-exposure) helicopter.
than another member posted some pics displaying helicopters shot with long exposure and they resembled the pic in the OP exactly. (don't remember who it was, so can't give credit)

what i'm getting at is, no need for the rude comments towards fellow ATS'ers.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by kn0wh0w]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I thought the mainly accepted conclusions on here were that the previous sighting was a rocket and test trajectories were correlated with the sightings? Another rocket test perhaps?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWatcher11

That video has been posted a number of times already here on ATS, I believe it was a missile launch or was claimed to be which took place on the 30 June.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It hovered there for an hour and no one took a picture? Wow...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That is freaky footage! What would leave luminescent trails in the night sky? Would/could it be radioactive? Do we have anything that leaves glowing trails of light stationary like that?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armour For Victor
Interesting, and ABC is also covering it.
Seems like this one is gonna get covered up fairly quickly though.
Lets hope not.

Peace!

ABC covering UFOs now? This can mean only one thing: It's a top secret advertising airship that's going to be appearing in a city near you. Be prepared to have the next season of Ugly Betty jammed down your throat from above!

link   

The video is from Bishkek, Krygystan on June 30, 2010. It is a Russian rocket launch. It is unrelated to the closing of the airport in China.

Here is the actual launch...on June 30, 2010.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Phage]

link   
reply to post by virgom129

Yes thank you. A video in HD would be great. I mean 1 hour just doing nothing ?
Someone must have a great video.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I would assume that something so puzzling and abnormal, hovering in the sky for more than an hour would be photographed at least once. Where are the photos?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hello peoples .. quick question. Some people have said this could be a hoax by the chinese to boost air line ticket sales? Can someone just clear this up for me, how would spotting UFOs hovering near air ports and closing air ports down boost ticket sales.

Also i was browsing YouTube and came across this video not sure if anyone has seen it but has some pretty awesome pictures on it. Im no expert on photo shop or anything so not sure whether the pictures are for real.

Not sure how to put youtube vids on but here is the link
www.youtube.com...

Further to add .. as many others have said, so many people have phones or camcorders and as for china being a well populated country where are the videos!

Sorry edited again .. looking at the pictures again and i know many reports have said it was a UFO but could these not be time elapsed of a possible helicopter with a search light ? As again im no expert jus my two cents

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ThePeaceMaker]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
China gets all the coolest toys!

gizmodo.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Hello peoples

Hi, Peacemaker

.. quick question. Some people have said this could be a hoax by the chinese to boost air line ticket sales? Can someone just clear this up for me, how would spotting UFOs hovering near air ports and closing air ports down boost ticket sales.

Oddly enough I also read that the local airports have seen a boost in ticket sales. However, the Chinese authorities supposedly mentioned a military connection for this UFO, and there are numerous reports of an ongoing official investigation. Therefore I doubt that this is all a ruse to boost ticket sales.

Also i was browsing YouTube and came across this video not sure if anyone has seen it but has some pretty awesome pictures on it. Im no expert on photo shop or anything so not sure whether the pictures are for real.

Not sure how to put youtube vids on but here is the link
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the video link. However those photos have been discussed in previous threads, and the general consensus is that they are over-exposed shots of helicopters, probably unrelated to the UFO incident. Many examples have been put forth to support this conclusion, and if you alter some of the images you can even see wobbling in the lights, caused by the irregular movement of the helicopter.

Further to add .. as many others have said, so many people have phones or camcorders and as for china being a well populated country where are the videos!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by ThePeaceMaker]

That's certainly a valid point. I'm hoping we'll see some photos or video evidence soon. But there are areas around Chongqing that are sparsely populated, and we don't know if this sighting took place in downtown or on the outskirts of the city; it could be that there simply weren't very many witnesses. Also, it is easy to assume that most people in a large city like Chongqing would have digital cameras, but have you been to mainland China? I haven't, so I'm not sure if digital cameras are a common possession there.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder as to why so many threads like this one end up being 30 or so pages long. If everyone take the time to read through the different pages, you will soon realize that there aren't any pictures or Vids.

So, stop asking where the Vids and Pics are for an "UFO" apparently hovering for an hour. I'm sure that if there are pics and vids someone will eventually come forward with them.

There are a handfull of members on this thead tyring to bring this 'evidence' to us, so let them do their job or the least you can do is help out by conducting searches on this issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Give it another week and there will be another "Chinese UFO" sighting with the picture or video of the Russian rocket launch filmed from Krygystan.

Also, many people have asked the logical question about why something can be seen by many witnesses hovering for an hour - yet there are no pictures nor videos. This is answered with comments such as "How often do you look up at the sky?". Personally, I find this arguement kinda lame because the "witnesses" were obviously people who were looking at the sky. If something out of the ordinary were there, many people would have taken pictures or filmed it.

These UFO posts lately seem to be proof that "deny ignorance" is no longer the motto of ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join