It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of Crop Circles?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
(not sure where to put this, so bear with me.)

Hey all.

So, I have always kind of just written off crop circles as hoaxes, and I kind of just assumed everyone else did too. But then I thought, I haven't really seen much talking about crop circles on ATS before, and have only formed my opinions on them based on the MSM's portrayal of them. Do I write off crop circles because they are fake, or because I don't know anything about them? Do you guys have any cool crop circle stories to tell/show that haven't been proven to be fake? I'm just unsure what to think of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I agree with what another ATS poster said and pretty funny too-"you know crop circles are man made because none appear in hemp fields" or something like that-LoL

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

why would you agree with a moronic statement like that?

do you think religion is designed to keep you in a naive little world? wasn't it the same bloodlines that killed jesus and put the bible together? the same bloodlines that told us its gods word in the bible? the same bloodlines that are in power today? c'mon dude, use a brain.

back to the op-

as for crop circles, this video is worth watching!- www.youtube.com...

the idea of a group of people going into a field at night and stomping down the plants with boards and not leaving any traces of activity in the surrounding area of the field just doesn't make sense!

why is it so hard to believe aliens have created these formations? i think its fair to say the vast majority of humans couldn't comprehend the sorts of technology aliens might have!

i think aliens createing crop circles is a-kin to us sat on the sofa using the remote to programme the tv!
.. or perhaps us using etcha-sketch to create patterns.

this video is worth a butchers- www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

appears your not! anyway I did use to think I used my brain and it almost killed me and then one night, after years of making fun of christians and their bible as something for the weak minded to believe in, I heard an audible voice as if sitting on my left as soon as I began to open the cover of a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the counter a few days earlier that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK seeing how I was'nt raised churched or knew any scriptures, I stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord then came across these years later-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."-Eph5.14

oh yeah did you know hemp seed is claimed to be one of the if not the most nutricious seeds in the world?

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Personally I have seen 2 types, the man made and the ones that raises questions in my mind.. I have no intention of trying to convince anyone since this is something I feel you have to see with your own eyes to beleive.

I spent some time living in Wiltshire (Salisbury and Wilton) and now live on the South Downs where I grew up, and on my walks over the years have seen a quite a few crop circles (a number of the boring circular ones still go unrecorded)

I have over the years gone out of my way to view some of the more complex ones that appear outside dog walking area (the change of scenery is always nice for me and the dog
)

Most of the ones that have created the questions that exist in my mind have been of the boring circle variety.. they type that first got mentioned a few hundred years ago....

These are the ones that I question the most, pondering how they where created.. the way the crops are bent and interwoven like a fine weave is pretty amazing even in a boring crop circle.

It's hard to explain, but when you see a man made one, they are not quite as perfect, rough around the edges, trampled in places, broken stems ect.. it's like comparing a perfectly machine woven fabric to one that is hand woven.. the little things stand out, but the overwal feeling of difference is there.

It's that overal feeling of difference that strikes me most and in that vain I hope you get to see more than a few crop circles so that you can feel the difference for yourself and make your own mind up..

Regards

TFJ

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
When I was a soldier based down in Wiltshire (Tidworth) sometimes we would see crop circles as we drove our armoured fighting vehicles (432’s converted to 436 comms) onto Salisbury plain. Sadly the shape could not be discerned but we knew they were there because of the disturbed shadow effect in the fields. My friend (now deceased) and I on our days off duty would spend time at The white horse of wiltshire normally sitting beside the head, and we would sometimes on occasion see crop circles.

This was way back in 1992/3 and the weird thing is we just assumed they had been created by otherworldly forces and then talked about the awesome looking girl who worked in the NAAFI or the overzealous Regimental Police wacko no one liked.

The shocker is we would just take this assumption as green and then go about our business of racing each other cars on the dirt tracks of Salisbury plain or go about talking about nothing in particular. Sometimes helicopters (Lynxes sometimes but mostly Gazelles) from the Army air Corp would be much in attendance going 'to and fro' about these fields and I remember this because often we used to give them the one fingered salute for ruining the mood and the ambience.

I have no photographs because firstly I was never that bothered about such things back then and secondly buying a camera would eat into my beer allowance

Anyway some of these crop circles are definitely hoaxes and you can tell by the scruffiness in the edges, the detail but there were many we used to look at that were neat, perfect in their symmetry and in no way on this earth could people have been so precise in their manufacture.

This is my own opinion of course and it does not really matter what I believe anyway.

Crop circle hoaxers however should be put over someone knee and spanked, they are doing themselves and us no favours by serving their stupid egos thus!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Crop circles are made by two groups of people.

The first do it for the thrill as well as for artistic reasons, why do you think crop circle designs have gotten more elaborate over the years?

GPS Technology also explains their vast improvements as well.

The second group do it for the money, as well as artistic reasons.

We know this because there are Crop Circle Conferences that are planned well in advanced. How would they know where to hold these conferences and tours if the crop circles aren't man made??

And finally a good documentary that was aired on National Geographic:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Do I write off crop circles because they are fake,
or because I don't know anything about them?

I'm just unsure what to think of them.

Let's consider two possibilities:

What if crop circles are made by fairy princesses in petticoats with dragons for pets and supreme power and knowledge at their fingertips...but the circles themselves are just pretty circles with no particular meaning?

Now, what if crop circles are made by idiot, drunkard hoaxers with bad manners, foul breath, and too much time on their hands...but the circles contain useful and interesting encoded messages?

The way I see it, "who made it" doesn't really matter so much.

It's also possible, of course, that the circles are made by hoaxers and have no particular meaning, or that they're made by fairy princesses and do have meaning. But again, the who makes them isn't as important as "do they have meaning?"

So I recommend examining them for meaning rather than trying to identify who made them. Think of them as puzzles. There's no need for fairy princesses to be involved for a puzzle to be interesting. Imagine finding a hand written note in a library book that says "three pages after there's no place like home." Clearly that's a clue. And you don't have to believe it was placed there by a fairy princess to walk over to where the Wizard of Oz is shelved, and begin flipping through the pages to see if there's another clue when Dorothy returns home.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

spot on dude(ette).

its all about realisation for yourself, waking up and opening the mind.

we've been accustomed to such a naive little world for so long alot of things seem far fetched when in actual fact they aren't really, its only our naivety getting in the way. how much of a better world would it be if we could see further than fears, egos and insecurities!!

i know what your saying about some crop circles not quite cutting the mustard. here's a good example, this is a video of a spec-savers advert that was screened in the uk- www.youtube.com...

this crop formation would have been created during the day, by a production crew, legally and probably time not so much of an issue... look at the state of it.lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Here's one with an interesting message:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Respectfully could you please take your god out of this thread?

I am very pleased you have a faith but you must realise that not all worship your god and some of us would actually just like to read this thread for the content of its subject as it grows and more people post rather than have to put up with a 'lone-wolfs' attempts to be converted/patronised and our souls saved by someone who has decided to believe in god because it was 'his' choice?

So my friend if you would, please stay on topic (crop circles - yay or nay) as to do otherwise means those of us who wish to follow this thread are going to have to scroll past what should not be in this thread in the first place.

Thank you for understanding. 

PS: I am not playing moderator and do not wish to be a moderator I just get tired of the OT comments that add nothing or just muddy the waters, and I am thus appealing to your better nature.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Awesome thread Chad on first impressions, thanks for this.I cannot believe I did not see that thread before and I thank you for posting it here.

I will go and digest that bad boy right now

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
So, I have always kind of just written off crop circles as hoaxes, and I kind of just assumed everyone else did too.

Hi spacekc929, you did assume that undeservedly in my opinion.

Originally posted by spacekc929
Do you guys have any cool crop circle stories to tell/show that haven't been proven to be fake? I'm just unsure what to think of them.

I don’t want to call this information cool, but its worth to take at least notion of it.
I did, and I am convinced that not all crop circles are manmade.
It’s very hard to believe that the anomalies as described here below are been caused by cheerful pranksters with planks!

In genuine formations the stems are not broken but bent (right), normally about an inch off the ground and near the plant's first node. In special cases, the stems are bent six inches from the top of the seed head. Such features defeat the hoax argument, since a plank or garden roller is required to flatten the crop to the ground, resulting in clear damage to the plants.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9942bacbbef5.gif[/atsimg]

The plants appear to be subjected to a short and intense burst of heat which softens the stems to drop just above the ground at 90º, where they reharden into their new and very permanent position without damage.

Plant biologists are baffled by this feature, and it is the singlemost method of identifying the real phenomenon. Research and laboratory tests suggest that infrasound (sound below 20 Hz) is capable of producing such an effect: High-pressure infrasound is capable of boiling water inside the stems in one nanosecond, expanding the water, and leaving tiny blowholes in the plants' nodes.

The pressure applied also causes the water to steam, and it is reported by farmers that when they stumble upon a new crop circle they see steam rising from within the design. This process creates surface charring along the stems.

The tremendous application of local heat is also responsible for altering the local water table, as millions of gallons of surface and sub-surface water is evaporated. With the heat and electro-magnetic frequencies applied, it has been scientifically documented that soil samples taken from within crop circles show changes to its crystalline structure and mineral composition.

Expert analysis concludes that such a process requires temperatures of 1500º C and sub-soil pressure typically found in strata thousands of years old. Evidence even exists of four non-naturally occuring, short-life radioactive isotopes in the soil inside genuine crop circles (these dissipate after three or four hours, causing no adverse side effects); in fact, the soil in and around them appears to have been baked. Hardly the kind of anomalies created by pranksters with planks!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68eb54e9b0c2.gif[/atsimg]

Crop circles also show existence of ultrasound –sound above the human hearing range – and such frequencies are known to exist at ancient sites such as stone circles, long barrows, tumuli, dolmens and menhirs. And like all sacred sites, temples and places of worship – such as Gothic cathedrals – the crop circles appear at the intersecting points of the Earth's magnetic pathways of energy; thus the size and shape of a crop circle is typically determined by the area of these 'node' points at the time of their appearance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0231d8d2db58.gif[/atsimg]

Biophysical evidence shows the plants' nodes (its knuckles) are drastically extended (right); also observed are distortions of seed embryos, and the creation of expulsion cavities in the plants as if they have been heated from the inside. In genuine formations there is also a reorganization of the plant's crystalline structure – in these microscope photos (below right) the top image of a control sample of wheat radically differs to the one below taken from a crop circle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b0494921613.gif[/atsimg]

Other evidence from crop circles shows how the floors of laid plants are swirled in mathematical proportions relative to the Golden Mean, the fundamental vortex used by nature to create organisms such as shells, sunflowers, galaxies, even the spatial relationship of the bones in the human hand; the floor of crop circles can have up to five layers of weaving, all in counterflow to each other, with every seed head intact and placed beside each other as if arranged in a museum case.

Genuine crop circles are not perfectly round but slightly elliptical (a hoax, requiring a fixed central rope, cannot achieve this adequately). Their edges are crisply defined from the flattened crop as if drawn with a compass, and incised with surgical precision. Hoaxes, by comparison, bear a stylistic resemblance to tuffs of greasy, uncombed hair – and, of course, all their plants have been trampled, bruised and crushed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/762d8a552f3a.gif[/atsimg]

Crop circles are sometimes accompanied by trilling sounds, since captured on tape and analysed by NASA as being artificial in origin, and bearing a harmonic frequency of 5.2 kHz.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37fdb1c4e99f.gif[/atsimg]

Crop circles alter the local electromagnetic field; often compasses cannot locate north, and cameras and cellular phones malfunction. Whole packs of fresh batteries are drained in minutes, and the frequecnies involved have been known to affect helicopter and aircraft equipment.

Radio frequencies are markedly different inside their space; local farm animals avoid the crop circles or simply act agitated hours before one materializes; and car batteries in entire villages fail to operate the morning after one is found nearby. In some major events, entire towns have been left without power.

www.cropcirclesecrets.org...

[edit on 16/7/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
hey im new to ats, i couldnt be bothered to read every post as my eyes are bleeding as it is
so if i go over things already mentioned then I aplogize, a friend showed me a lonk of what I consider the more genuine crop circles that actually may not be man made & I looked into it & thought I'd check out what each symbol represented, I realised that alot of people had done this already probably ages ago too but I just think its odd that many of these circles are in the shape of insects like dragonflies & butterflies ect also jellyfish was another I looked into. Anyway it turned out they all represent weather changes which was confirmed from other links too, this kind of made me feel not so scared of possible alien species but more scared for our own future if they are indeed real along with their meaning. what do you guys think...are we safe

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What do I think of crop circles?

Man made, nature made, or who ever, many are breathtaking works of art to be admired.

That being said. IF you do research on the net, hoaxers will take credit for their work. There are some that took some extreme engineering, and hoaxers will even list ones they did NOT do and don't know who did.

And some even list the really bizarre things that have happened to them while making them.

We assume artists or hoaxers, don't believe in other worldly crop circles. We don't know their beliefs. For all we know they are secretly communicationg back, or unknowlingly.

The only thing that puts doubt in my mind about alien made is : why the heck do you use wheat or corn as your comunication material? Why not clouds? Paint, tv commercials?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

There is a documentary called Circlemakers. It's a series of interviews with several known circlemakers, like Matthew Williams and Rob Irving and others. Their testimonies are very interesting.

“When teams of people go out into the fields and make large talismanic magical symbols, somehow that does actually have some effect on physical reality and strange things happen. A couple of years down the line and a lot more weird experiences had happened to us. But I don’t know how they happen, I just know they happened. I’ve seen small balls of light which have entered the field and chased us out on one occasion. I’ve seen them passing over head. On two occasions we’ve also seen black, shadowy figures. Not as clear as a person, a little bit more rounded, but a human shape. They just disappeared.

One night researchers had seen a fog bank come down where we were working, rise in the morning and reveal the crop circle. We didn’t see it and we were working very close to researchers that night and we wondered whether something else was helping us out. But there are so many things like that. People put together mathematical formulas together from the crop circle and say, "well this circle tells us something we didn’t know, something new to science." Researchers have also looked with microscopes into the soil and found globules of metal which don’t appear outside of the circle. The metal is so pure that they think that some of it comes from space. Apparently, this meteoric metal dust is what affects compasses in the crop circle. It’s like, why would we choose a place in the field where that happened to be in the ground to create a certain crop circle around it? Or did it come out of space? Did it happen while we were making the circle or just after we left? Or how did it get there? So what’s attracting us to special places that then turn out to have a synchronistic meaning to someone else?”
-Matthew Williams, circlemaker

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Cheers mate!

Yeah I thought it to be a very clever piece of art.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join