It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Eruption That May Have Spawned Zombie Satellite Identified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Sun Eruption That May Have Spawned Zombie Satellite Identified

ca.news.yahoo.com

Scientists have identified a massive eruption from the sun in April that reached all the way to Earth and may be responsible for knocking out a satellite, creating a so-called "zombie satellite."

The huge explosion of plasma and magnetic energy, called as a coronal mass ejection (CME), occurred on April 3 and was observed by NASA's sun-watching STEREO spacecraft, according to the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). The laboratory released new images of the solar storm last week.

The solar storm appears to have disabled the Intelsat communications satellite Galaxy 15, NRL officials said. Galaxy 15 lost contact with its ground controllers on April 5 and has been drifting around Earth ever since.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Corrected title and quote. Please review the format for B.A.N. articles.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So it begins...

I have friends in northern Canada, Yukon, and they have been mentioning northern lights more frequently.

1st it's going to be the satellites.. then our cell phones.. then our internet and finally our power grids. Once the lights go out, I reckon, we will start to hear panic....

I don't mean to bring a 2012 thread to the Breaking News section but I figured since it was front page on yahoo.ca, it was worth mentioning.

Best wishes.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Oh yeah you can bet it will be a free for all when this happens.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Is it this one
? Or is this a different zombiesat?

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Is anyone concerned this satellite was 'zombiefied' in early April> And we're only hearing about it now???

Wed Jul 14, 11:58 AM

by Zoe Macintosh
SPACE.com Staff Writer
Wed Jul 14, 8:15 am ET

Somehow that just seems really OFF to me...

And yeah, this Sun activity continues and it will be a free for all.

Just imagine alone all those kids (and adults) jonesing for WOW when their satellites go out? That alone could start WW3...

peace

EDIT - Add article date and time...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
How many zombies are on the satellite, and is there any possibility of them reaching Earth? They scare the heck out of me. I dont mind if we lose telephones or electricity, but for the love of all that holy, please, not zombies.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hi CanadianDream420
This Zombie Satellite would be the Galaxy 15 Satellite than from April 5th.
Still some questions. Why only one damaged/Fried Satellite
Galaxy 15 may of come Alive and thinks for its self now

Zombie Satellite Causes Astronomical Buzz

What's confounding scientists is that even though the satellite is toast, it continues to operate at full power, but with nobody telling it what to do.

An interesting Anomaly

Zelong.

[edit on 16/7/10 by Zelong]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As well as being brought up in a number of other threads, though not as the main topic.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If I had a nickel for every time I heard a thread start with "and so it begins.." geez how many times can "it" begin!?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mattias

Well, today is the first day of the rest of...

nevermind.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattias
If I had a nickel for every time I heard a thread start with "and so it begins.." geez how many times can "it" begin!?

And so he begins....

I find it hillarious that certain chipsets were fried but others were'nt. Perhaps we can send out the homing magnet from the ISS and collect that satelite back up and replace the receptionist!.. She definitely has a bad hair day back in april...

new topics

top topics

join