It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible MUFON Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Why do people keep posting stupid lights? Those are nothing more than stupid lights until you get a better picture one way or the other....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

You ask how chinese lanterns can hold formation like that, and before I had seen them doing such things, I would have asked the same question... but I did witness such an event, and then went and had a look at how and why they appear to travel in such a way. First, when lanterns are released, they are often released in groups, usualy fairly close to eachother. When they ascend they get caught up in thermals and air currents. Now air currents are often very wide, so the main bulk of a group, can be taken in the same direction, and at the same speed. Since they move at the speed of the airflow, they appear to be moving deliberately in unison. However, this is merely an interesting visual representation of the movement of air, rather than a genuine excersize in aerobatics.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
OK so I may have been wrong. They are probably Chinese lanterns. Sorry for offending everyone. Goddamn. I didn't think that not knowing what Chinese lanterns look or act like would actually piss so many people off. Seeing as you all know for CERTAIN what they were, despite the fact that the video is the damn dark, why did you even respond to this thread? You guys say you are sick of this crap but you can only blame yourselves for allowing yourselves to be perturbed by a petty little thread. Did you really have to respond if it meant nothing to you?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Did you really have to respond if it meant nothing to you?

It has nothing to do with you, personally. It's like scratching an itch. A recurrent, annoying itch.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

There's no need to take offense. This part of the forums should have a stickied thread of videos\pictures that show the most common misconceptions regarding the UFO phenomenon. Chinese lanterns being one of them, then people should be able to sort out what might be a real UFO compared to known aerial phenomenon. You did nothing wrong, now you might at least know what not to look for in the future.

On the other hand, a sollution like that might add more fuel to the fire if someone still post anything that's covered in the stickied thread. So maybe it's best to keep it the way it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Im going to forward this to the most well known researcher i know. Alison Kruse, I am pretty sure these are fake lanterns, you know UFOs shape shifting into lanterns. I will let you guys know what they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join