It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

san diego secret base

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

Originally posted by pbrez
I was in the marines stationed in Camp Pendleton in the early ninties and went to training in Coronado. No where in my adventures did I see or hear about a underground base. First of all if you are a civilian or military personel and are given a security clearance you are not to reveal anything about anything you might know. If you violate your clearance you can get in trouble. Also why would you store stealth bombers underground?

First off,you were stationed nowhere NEAR the area we are talking about.The area we are talking about is 60+ miles south-east.

Second,I have been into many classified areas of ARMY NAVY AIRFORCE and MARINES due to the work I do.I am not supossed to talk about PROJECTS,but as far as locations go,I was never told not to talk about it.The place we are talking about is in plain view of everyone who lives in the area as well.
As for the bombers,I dont know.Never seen one come out of the mountain.Why keep them there?Im sure there are many reasons.But I cant say it is fact since I have not seen one.

OK read my post closely and see where I went to training and then figure out what I was in the Marines. Now go back and read what you signed and look for the words "you are not to disclose ANY information" That means what you do and what location you where at. Next why build a secret base in public view. think about it. Example, Area 51. Orginally in the middle of nowhere out of public site until Vegas came about. Now everyone knows about it.

SMR

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

I was in the marines stationed in Camp Pendleton in the early ninties and went to training in Coronado. No where in my adventures did I see or hear about a underground base. First of all if you are a civilian or military personel and are given a security clearance you are not to reveal anything about anything you might know. If you violate your clearance you can get in trouble. Also why would you store stealth bombers underground?

First off,you were stationed nowhere NEAR the area we are talking about.The area we are talking about is 60+ miles south-east.

Second,I have been into many classified areas of ARMY NAVY AIRFORCE and MARINES due to the work I do.I am not supossed to talk about PROJECTS,but as far as locations go,I was never told not to talk about it.The place we are talking about is in plain view of everyone who lives in the area as well.
As for the bombers,I dont know.Never seen one come out of the mountain.Why keep them there?Im sure there are many reasons.But I cant say it is fact since I have not seen one.

OK read my post closely and see where I went to training and then figure out what I was in the Marines. Now go back and read what you signed and look for the words "you are not to disclose ANY information" That means what you do and what location you where at. Next why build a secret base in public view. think about it. Example, Area 51. Orginally in the middle of nowhere out of public site until Vegas came about. Now everyone knows about it.

This is too funny.
I never doubted you were a Marine.Show me where I said anything like 'no your not lier' or something.
I simply put that the location you were in is far from the area we are talking about.I dont see how you get that I doubted your service

And as for the "you are not to disclose ANY information"
If YOU read,I never said I did.I said "I am not supossed to talk about PROJECTS,but as far as locations go,I was never told not to talk about it."
I never in any post disclosed a location other than the ones ALREADY KNOWN by the public.And if you READ back further,you will see that I stated "But yes it is true.Secret,I wouldnt say that as anyone who lives here knows about it."
As for me saying in other posts about taking photos of the area,you give a great example yourself,AREA 51
I dont believe anyone has every been in trouble for taking pictures of it.And the area in question in this thread is near parks,a school,and many many homes.Thus why I said it wasnt really a secret anymore.

I really wish people would read the WHOLE thread before typing away

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

well, the Coronado base is like ten minutes from me, and Pendelton about 30... Santee is only about twenty minutes away from where im at in downtown SD... i know, ive worked there... i also work with a guy who lives in Santee, we work up near Rancho Barnardo, and it takes him the same amount of time to get to our work site, just north of the MCAS and west of Camp Pendleton. i too, was in the Corp...

almost forgot my reason for posting... i have never heard of this secret base in santee....

[edit on 9/11/2004 by ShiftnSix]

SMR

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Maybe because it isnt secret

The thread started asking about the base in Santee and was labled SECRET by the poster.
I have put my 2 cents in saying the base is there,but I would not call it SECRET as everyone,or most anyway,who live near it,know about it.

Minutes has nothing to do with distance.Hell,I can get downtown in 15 if I didnt mind a speeding ticket,,,and Im in Alpine!
I was refering to him maybe not knowing about it since he was stationed at CP and traind in Coronado island.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ok... well if your doing the SPEED LIMIT your traveling at 65mph... just over a mile a minute...

eg; 20 minutes=about 20 miles...

as far as the base goes....

SMR

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Distance between Alpine, California, United States and Coronado, California, United States, as the crow flies:

28 miles (45 km) (24 nautical miles)

Initial heading from Alpine to Coronado:
west-southwest (238.8 degrees)
Initial heading from Coronado to Alpine:
east-northeast (58.6 degrees)

Distance between Alpine, California, United States and Camp Pendleton North, California, United States, as the crow flies:

46 miles (73 km) (40 nautical miles)

Initial heading from Alpine to Camp Pendleton North:
northwest (315.5 degrees)
Initial heading from Camp Pendleton North to Alpine:
southeast (135.2 degrees)

Distance between Alpine, California, United States and Camp Pendleton South, California, United States, as the crow flies:

45 miles (72 km) (39 nautical miles)

Initial heading from Alpine to Camp Pendleton South:
northwest (307.3 degrees)
Initial heading from Camp Pendleton South to Alpine:
southeast (126.9 degrees)

I think I was a little off,but I also think those figures are wrong.Unless the signs on the freeway are wrong.Once you hit La Mesa,the sign says Downtown is 25 miles and Coronado is further,,,,,,,,but the real thing here is just becaise you are in the armed forces,does not mean you are going to know about every base secret or not.

Anyway,,,I will get pictures soon.Im trying to con my father into lending me his camera.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
ANYWAY........

Sounds like we could get a couple people including myself to do a lil' recon of the area in question.

I have a digicamera and a digicorder.

Pick a time and spot for this.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
H E L L O.... I'm in Madison today. Any info would be helpful!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Maybe because it isnt secret

The thread started asking about the base in Santee and was labled SECRET by the poster.
I have put my 2 cents in saying the base is there,but I would not call it SECRET as everyone,or most anyway,who live near it,know about it.

Minutes has nothing to do with distance.Hell,I can get downtown in 15 if I didnt mind a speeding ticket,,,and Im in Alpine!
I was refering to him maybe not knowing about it since he was stationed at CP and traind in Coronado island.

Secret or not, I grew up in that area and I always heard rumors and stories about it. That's all I know , I don't have anything useful to add unfortunately.

SMR

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have acquired a digital camera and now just need to the time to go and take snapshots.
Im hoping to do it this weekend if nothing comes up.
But like I say,it isnt really that much a secret as the people who live right near it see it in thier daily lives everyday.
As for the base inside,I dont really think I can get much outside,and I doubt anything INSIDE

I will try and get as many images as I can but I wouldnt expect much other than location,a few buildings and what surrounds the area.
I think once images of the area are shown,it will give some idea as to why such a location is good for such a base.
The area that surrounds it is mountainous and bare land.Infact,tons of locations in San Diego have prime land for such bases.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
found this link...

www.ufoarea.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I live in SD and I've never heard of that base. If someone can provide exact directions (Thomas Bros. map code?), I'll go with my digital camera.

SMR

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I havent had the time to go myself.I was to go on a weekend but that got messed up.
If you live in the area,it is easy to get to.
It is near Santee lakes area.
If you go on Mission Gorge Rd all the way down to Carlton Hills Blvd and to Mast Blvd
If you look out towards the North/West,you can see this base.It is set inbetween Santee and MMCAS so it is no suprise such a base is locted there.But like I have said,it really is no secret,as it is most likely part of MMCAS
Here are to MAPQUEST images.
Close Up and Zoom Out

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join