It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In search of the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I don't mean to be vague ,but what do you think is going on?
Is it that the Aliens are here and going to take us over?
NWO is here and we better like it or else?
Is it all going to end 2012? (If so why does the NWO even bother)
Is it our reality is just a dream or maybe a nightmare?
Did we land on the moon? I'm still undecided about this one.
9/11 ???(need I say more)IMO government--ours--
The banks---The money---?
The gulf---the oil?
The weather---the environment(global warming)

Or is it none of the above and there is something much more sinister at work here?
I am a person in search of the truth...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
dude, there is no truth,

there is only a whole lot of stuff that happens.

i wish i had answers then i could be part of whoever is pulling strings, and you could all be my puppets.
or i might just get pizza and watch tv....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It's Leonard Nimoy

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever

Or is it none of the above and there is something much more sinister at work here?

2nd

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The gulf---the oil?

The truth finds you, you don't find the truth

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Understand reality with your 5 senese first, then only will you know the truth.

For in trying to understand or to make sense of reality you see and hear before you, taste, smell and touch your environment, you will attempt to find out for yourself first hand what is going on. And in that journey will you dig out and know the truth.

Good luck on your quest, if it is indeed truth you seek...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
IMO its what we make of it. Some of our truths will not be as others, but important none the less. Lets take what we do know. Our lives in this so called reality portrays something that is less and less humane, and those of us that want to make a difference cannot.

We are surrounded by death, destruction, starvation, and slavery. Yet we feel resistant to not cooperate(some of us). Our truths are what we feel is real. Our hearts (not organs) make us feel what we think is real. Our minds, with the given choices of what is real and what is false, gives us our rights and wrongs, yet we do nothing for others in fear of giving less to ourselves.

Aliens/E.T/Hu-Mans/Plant/Animal, have the resources and capability to change the way we live. Who runs you? Who controls you? Who makes you...who YOU are? Is there a force, or your own ambition?

Our question is not who or what may control us, but do you control you? Can you give yourself the power to change? Are you a slave or a freeman?

Banks, money, sovereignty, love, empathy, 2012, prophecies, those do not matter in a mind that his/her mind made up. Those questions are usually asked by someone who knows their answer, but is scared of the result. Look into yourself, the answers are there.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
All though you don't have it figured out yet. At least you havn't made up your mind in error. Which believe it or not, puts you way ahead of most
people. You sense that it is important to find this truth and by your wording, you know there can be only one. Only one truth.

I hope you find it. More than you know.
I do have one tip for you. If you want truth speak the truth. The truth
will never be found by a liar.

SnF

[edit on 16-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What the heck it’s late and I’m bored, I’ll bite.

Conspiracies, lot’s of em.

Not sure but I personally don’t think so. I am however no expert in said area.

Correct! Until we can usurp our masters.

No. They want power over us.

Dream for some who know how to live, nightmare for those who don’t.

I say no, once again I am no expert. Good offerings on both sides.

Yes and Yes

Evil and Gone

The gulf---the oil?

Screwed and ALOT

Nice where I’m at and hoax (see Al Gore)

It is all of the above and much more.

I see that, and this was the best I can do for you!
There are much better sources online for info, if you are going to use ATS and we can be a good tool, or just tools at times but, approach 1 subject and study and discuss it until you’ve bled it dry.
Little by little we learn.
Now for the most valuable piece of Intel I own or can impart to anyone.
“There is a lot more that I do not know than I do know.”

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
A lot of different things are going on, as pointed out by others in this thread.

We can see a few overarching trends, though. I would say "regression to the mean" is a big part of what is rocking the planet right now.

For the past 200 years or so, a combination of accelerating technology, cheap fuels and resources, and new conceptions of the nature of money and trade allowed for explosive population growth and general improvement in living standards for the developed world and many in the third world as well. The trends that drove this long-term shift have now peaked out and the world is heading back towards something resembling its more natural, more miserable, and more hardscrabble historical norm.

Its like a caffine or sugar buzz wearing off, or a hangover coming on, etc. It's a long-term trend that will probably take a few hundred years to play out, unless massive catastrophes like global nuculear war, etc. happen to speed it up, But basically, the deal is -- we have been living unnaturally well as a species and we can no longer keep it up. A great deal of anger, denial, rage, confusion, social upheaval, and so on will accompany this downard shift.

It will not be a straight line down...some places and times will benefit even as others disintegrate -- but overall from the broadest possible picture, the 200-year-or-so party that began with the first industrial revolution is drawing to a close and the punchbowl is now empty.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
at one time I was a profesional sower of thouest(lol?) wildest of oats(not met many worse) and ridiculed christians and their bible as something for the weak minded to believe in and one night after picking up a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting on my left said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK I stood to my feet turned towards the voice and said yes Lord, then came across these after studying years later-

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."-Eph5.14

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.-John3.16

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.-1Cor13.6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.-John14.6

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."-Gal5.14

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Well as a schizophrenic I've had well over 100 voices in my head and dozens of voices from the ether-doesn't mean you need to believe them.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Okay ,I apprecate all of you that have posted...g146541 and randyvs are probably the two that understood my quest, mostly...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'll have a go at it, as well.

Nope. For the lack of evidence, I'd guess paranoia proceeds down this path.

Governments have proven, time and again, that they are nothing, if not inefficient and faulty. To assume that a worldwide government would suddenly spring up, bereft of this limitation, is a fallacy. There may be (heck, probably are) those who dream of this sort of thing, but its reality is unlikely.

Nope. As with every other previous prognostication, 2012 will pass with its expected assortment of earthquakes, scientific breakthroughs and major events, but the world will go on.

If it's a reality, by definition, it's neither dream nor nightmare.

What, are you kidding me? Your grand questions of existence above, and you worry about something as insignificant as this?

Yes, for pity's sake. We landed on the moon. It's a big frickin' rock in near space, there's nothing mind blowing about going there.

The banks---The money---
The gulf---the oil?

Aside from the last, all things that are largely irrelevant. As to the last, yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that we're screwing up the planet. What that means, who knows?

We exist, we die, we go back to where we came from. That's it, in a nutshell. Sinister or not, that's our Earthly existence, at its core. What you do with your Earthly time, and what the consequences of that might be, those are questions of faith, not of existence.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

well mine was just one voice audibly as if sitting beside me like a friend and if you happened to notice the scriptures above or when Paul first believed as well as John and others this same type of thing happened, as to your 100 voices inside your head, skitz and etheral?, maybe find a Christian friend or go see a local Church to pray for you?

no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.-1Cor12.3

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

new topics

top topics

join