It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Trinity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i decided to make a post about this after replying about it in this thread.

i believe that we are ALL The Holy Trinity; Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. we are told to believe that the trinity is just speaking of God (himself), but yet, in all ancient cultures, the human race is divine in itself and we are all Gods.

so, biologically, we are all to be a father/mother, son/daughter, and the spirit is of course would be our soul/consciousness.

could the "Holy Trinity" just be a mask telling us that only God is holy, as to hide our TRUE holiness within ourselves and suppressing our true potential as humans and reaching our ultimate destiny?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I cannot say that I agree with the man being compared to the Holy Trinity, and we are certainly not comparable to God, nor are we ourselves gods, but I will point out this:

Christ is the “Word of God” made flesh.
Out of all creation, only man has the capacity for complex language.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.
Out of all creation, only man has a spirit or soul.

We are, after all, made in the image of God.

Man is the highest creation of God, and superior even to the Angles. That is why certain Angles fell out of jealousy and hatred of Man.

And BTW, man is certainly not “Holy”, we are in sin, and may only become holy through the Grace of God.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by taguon

you may find these interesting-

Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy.-Rev15.4

'Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker?-Job4.17

"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.-Is65.17

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.-Acts4.12

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.-1Cor7.14

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes, there is wisdom in looking to creation, in this case the human family, to gain spiritual insights. Many theological truths have been prefigured in creation...the moon, sun and stars, the seasons, the family, sex, birth, death...etc. God has made love and theology manifest in even common and humble things.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Considering that there's such a thing as God, from what I read in the Bible, there is no such thing as a trinity. Just another Catholic invention. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are different entities.

Just my opinion from what I read in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The thing that always bugged me back when I used to be a Catholic was just how cagey all the priests and nuns were when it got around to describing The Holy Spirit. Okay, the Father and the Son are pretty simple concepts. But the Holy Spirit is a lot more subtle. It's portrayed as a bird, or sometimes a tongue of flame above someone's head (precursor to a light bulb, I suppose). After a while, I figured that they really didn't understand it, either.

It wasn't until much, much later that I understood it to be a remnant of Gnosis, the personal, individual inspirational part of the church the Catholics tried so hard to get rid of for centuries. I suspect that if one decides to join the priesthood, there are more in-depth discussions about the Holy Spirit as a philosophical concept.

But for most folks, the Holy Spirit is a baffling puzzle. Or a kind of "designated hitter" the Catholics put in the Trinity in place of the MOTHER force. But they failed in most of Latin America, where the Holy Mother is the real third member of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit be damned.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by taguon
i decided to make a post about this after replying about it in this thread.

i believe that we are ALL The Holy Trinity; Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. we are told to believe that the trinity is just speaking of God (himself), but yet, in all ancient cultures, the human race is divine in itself and we are all Gods.

Well, I certainly don't know why a topic like this is permitted on a forum dedicated to conspiracies in religion; nevertheless...

There is no "Holy Trinity", as clearly stated in the Koran.

Rather, that term consists of an expropriation of the terminology used to describe the three principal Revelations of the monotheistic religions:

1) the Revelation of the Law at Mt. Sinai is the origin of Judaism;

2) the Revelation of the "resurrection"--including the Revelation of the Memory of Creation and the revelation of the memories of previous lives--is the Revelation by which Jesus received the Knowledge that he was the "son of God"; as, of course, could also be said of Isaiah, Daniel, Mohammed and others.

3) the Vision of the "Son of man", symbolized in Genesis 3:24, mentioned in the Book of Daniel and the Gospels , and referred to in the Koran as the "Night Journey".

These are also the Three Phases of the War of the Sons of Light.

And, not coincidentally, there are also three monotheistic religions for the conveying of these three principal Revelations.

Michael Cecil

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Michael Cecil]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The Holy Trinity....

Man...

...Woman...

...Child.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Ahh the good old "trinity" never quite understood how anyone who considers themselves mentally stable could buy into this whole deal.

I mean seriously,
We have Jesus, god, and the holy spirit so lets just look at it for how the book portrays it.

Jesus is the SON of GOD and yet some denominations will have you believe that JESUS and GOD are the SAME being. So they are saying that Jesus went onto the mountain to pray to HIMSELF, He also sacrificed HIMSELF to HIMSELF on the cross to die for our sins so that he could forgive us.

First if Jesus and god are one and the same and Jesus was more than a man, then his sacrifice meant nothing because GOD is eternal, and some sideshow on a cross isn't a sacrifice if you are GOD....

Second unless Jesus faced hell for taking on our sins but was in turn forgiven by GOD, again his sacrifice didn't mean much because he KNEW he was going to live on forever in heaven.

Also if Jesus and GOD are one in the same then his sacrifice was pointless as he could have forgiven us without the charade

top topics

join