It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons says BP covering up MASSIVE HOLE miles away

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hey!..

I was looking over some satelite imagery tonight and found something folks might like to see....

Oil Spill now make it's debut in Mexico!

I've posted Satelite Imagery from the CSTARS Satelite taken on 7/09 and 7/11.

One of those images appears to reveal as fracture line that's possibly several hundreds of mile long, which also apears to be emitting two rather large flows of oil and something else...

Circular bubble patterns of immense methane blowouts apparently several tens of miles in circumfrance!

These flows are about 50 or so miles off the west coast of Florida, nowhere near the Horizon site! and it's obvious that oil is flowing in unchecked and massive plumes from this fracture!

Check it out... Here's a secondary thread I posted comparing images from two days, with definite imagery results that prove this is indeed a Methane Eruption!

Satellite Imagery of Possible Large Methane Blowouts !

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
AS long as ya'll continue to post comments by Matt Simmons, I will continue to point out that at best he's a banker and at worst a journalist. He has all of the technical knowledge of a gerbil, but not enough sense to shut up. Not one thing he has stated about the blow out has been correct to date.
1)The well couldn't be shut in and the relief wells couldn't work because the casing was compromised-Wrong!
2)The bottomhole pressure was 70,000 to 100,00 psi-Wrong!
3)It was blowing out of the sea floor-Wrong!

I am sure most on this thread do not believe in "Peak Oil" and Matt is a big proponent of Peak Oil. I do not understand why you want to believe his nonsense because he is spouting hysteria that is proven false and physically impossible.

If Peak Oil is "just a theory", why is BP and all the rest drilling in such desperate, far away places like the Arctic Ocean and six miles beneath the bottom of the sea? If Abiotic Oil theory was correct, they could just start drilling in Pennsylvania again. No need to invade and occupy Iraq or exert massive control over Central Asia and the Caspian basin if new supplies of magical oil are bubbling up from the ground.

The site The Oil Drum, which people on this thread rightly cite as authoritative regularly rebuts Abiotic posturing and maturely accepts Peak Oil as fact.

Unlike you, I have actually read Matt Simmons' Twilight in the Desert about the future prospects of Saudi Arabian oil production, and it is an extremely technical, scientific, data-driven -- and rather dry -- book. And it is convincing and alarming in the extreme.

Nobody has proven Peak Oil false or physically impossible, least of all you and your sweeping generalizations backed up with exactly zero evidence, facts, links or citations.

I would appreciate it if you did not generalize or presume you speak for "most people on this thread" and try and tell people what they believe, what they think. They can read those Oil Drum links or search for Peak Oil on their own and make up their own minds. They can visit the ATS Peak Oil forum for actual informed comments and debate about these issues, instead of listening to one man pushing his unsupported opinions onto the entire crowd.

As to whether Simmons is right or wrong about this massively leaking seabed claim, I don't know. I do hope he's wrong - but time has usually borne out his contentions.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Found this ..
Looks like it's still leaking. What do you think? 7/16/10 3:34AM

www.youtube.com...

What's your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i came across this vid this morning, a pilot disregarded the 'laws' and flew over the gulf.
his flight (and vid) begins at the coastline and continues on to 'ground zero'.
take a look.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
He's right.

BP has been lying all the way through this and now they would tell the truth? Give me a break.

Simmons is right.

This is spot on here.

You have a company with a history of lying.

They detained the workers and forced them to sign non-disclosure
agreements that were total lies.

This company use lies and deception like the rest of us use O2.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Yeah the oil can heat the methane and cause it to surface.

The methane clathrate deposits have been a concern of scientists
since they were discovered.

en.wikipedia.org...

CO2 as a greenhouse gas is a joke compared to methane.

This could go on for years and cause some VERY serious long
term damage.

I wonder if it will all catch fire like the ohio river did.

www.cleveland.com...

Can you imagine the impact if most of the Gulf of Mexico lit on
fire like a giant bonfire dumping ash, soot and chemical
residue on cities down wind ???

It would be horrendous.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

This video has surfaced before, as it was posted to youtube on June 26...

This is still a disturbing video for me to watch... I highly recommend that if you havent done so, please watch it ATS... I've accorded the corrected link to it for doobydoll for all to watch...

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

i have to say, the power of the images in that video are diminished in my mind by the speculation and hyperbole the narrator engages in.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 17-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Snip

Mod Edit: Personal comment removed. Please see Courtesy Is Mandatory, Thank you - Jak

[edit on 21/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iamfascinated

Here is a link with video on a leaking crack that an ROV had found, this vid is about a month old.
ireport.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
10 bucks says this is junk news
Bummer that no one else has the equipment to see down that far though..
if this were true,.. then this pressure test would say that the other "hole" is of another well right?

It seems the pressure readings are still a little bit below where they'd like them to be to signify no other leaks, but I guess they're within an acceptable range and rising slowly...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

i have to say, the power of the images in that video are diminished in my mind by the speculation and hyperbole the narrator engages in.

If because you dislike the prose you actually are less moved by the reality of the images? That is some weak sauce and really shows an inability to discern what is important from what is A NATURAL REACTION TO DISASTER!
Hyperbole, excitement ,and yes errors. But below the surface level of a knee jerk reaction there is truth which not only justifies the emotional response, it demands it! I have read you discount and berate not just the event but the reactions to it.
It is interesting to consider if you are merely being a contrarian for kicks or if you actually believe the drivel you post. Either way I see your nick on a post and am assured of reading an ignorant and contrary position that seems to be divorced from not just the reality of the event but the human level of compassion for others in their time of crisis.
Again very weak sauce.
N.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
the

[edit on 20-7-2010 by icecold7]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justine
Found this ..
Looks like it's still leaking. What do you think? 7/16/10 3:34AM

www.youtube.com...

What's your thoughts?

ICECOLD:wanna know my thoughts
i dont dareto check ur link cuz im scared of my ass
and i live in europe

those are my thought

also its not looking to good

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Tony Hayward to quit as BP chief executive before October 1 according to The Times in UK.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Wow...that report is saying just what I've been fearing. We are in deep doodoo. God help us all. I am just beyond words.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join