It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Simmons says BP covering up MASSIVE HOLE miles away

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If it wasnt for ATS & Coast To Coast, myself & the people I associate with wouldnt know any of this, or anything about the methane. All we see on Australian news is "The caps on, all the oil leak has stopped, yay ! Now life can get back to normal for them all".

Our main stream media is as censored about this as yours, yet another thing the English have done to screw someone else over & think they can walk away. One day we will smarten up & leave the commonwealth like the USA, Ive already got my submission ready for the new Aussy flag.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
Surely BP can't be so stupid to cover a fake little hole and just leave another hole of which the size keeps growing or numerous holes and just throw their hands in the air? If they don't let the American authorities or scientists know about the "rupturing" sea floor then going from billions of dollars of fines all BP top management will probably be jailed, the only way to cover op a hole is to actually cover it up.

If this hole exist along with other fractures, there is satellite data that would be avaliable for only the govz. to see that can see that sea floor. I would assume if this was true that the gov. of the United States of Americanaz would not release such data because it could become a national security threat and why let your non affiliates know that your countries at a week point.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Think this is all related? What about the oil spill by Chevron in Salt Lake City, Utah?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Oh and there was an earthquake, about 3.5 or so in Germantown, MD this morning at around 5am. Seems like pressures may be causing more problems than expected, not that anyone will forecast or relate these obviously connecting events. BTW, there is an east coast fault line called the New Madrid Fault, along the Mississippi which veins through the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains. Usual activity centers near Columbia, MD.
I'd say things are surely getting interesting....
Oh History Channel's Mega Disasters did a piece on the New Madrid Fault, its activity in the 1800's and the fact that's it is overdue for activity.
hmmmmm
edit to include update: www.allvoices.com...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DaWhiz]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Did I hear him say that BP is being sabotaged by the "Green Agenda"?

This is interesting. These Green folks must be very powerful. COuld the Emerald City really be behind this?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If there really is a leak from the sea floor six miles away from the well, it has nothing to do with BP. It is Mother Natures way of saying "Arrogant humans who know nothing of my will! For I will decide the fate of my gulf, NOT you!"

I suspect she has a sense of humor is is simply mocking the environmentalist wackos who think they speak for her.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiju
If there really is a leak from the sea floor six miles away from the well, it has nothing to do with BP. It is Mother Natures way of saying "Arrogant humans who know nothing of my will! For I will decide the fate of my gulf, NOT you!"

I suspect she has a sense of humor is is simply mocking the environmentalist wackos who think they speak for her.

Way to cover BP's ass! Sorry but mother nature was just fine slowly squeezing the oil and gas through the mixed strata. Now the see floor is fracked for miles around Macondo and it is not on BP? Come on now!
What I want to know is who in their right mind approved this site for drilling? I mean bottom to top who are these people?
Seriously drilling through mixed clathrate, sediment and brittle plutonic rock to get to a very weak cap structure not just 5000ft below the sea but another 15000+ feet beyond and no one expected any problem?
Is ATS the only group that has put together that having 200degree fluid traveling thru strata of clathrate is a PROBLEM?. I mean when you can see the stuff ejecting from the sea floor around the well is it not obvious that the extent of the fracturing is large?.
So what you are saying is that despite BP having the worst case scenario of a deepwater well failure producing pressures we can really not contain had nothing to do with the continued seepage from the seafloor fissures? It is just the earth rebelling?
Well I guess we can't hold BP responsible if it is the Earth doing it ,eh?
N.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
AS long as ya'll continue to post comments by Matt Simmons, I will continue to point out that at best he's a banker and at worst a journalist. He has all of the technical knowledge of a gerbil, but not enough sense to shut up. Not one thing he has stated about the blow out has been correct to date.
1)The well couldn't be shut in and the relief wells couldn't work because the casing was compromised-Wrong!
2)The bottomhole pressure was 70,000 to 100,00 psi-Wrong!
3)It was blowing out of the sea floor-Wrong!

I am sure most on this thread do not believe in "Peak Oil" and Matt is a big proponent of Peak Oil. I do not understand why you want to believe his nonsense because he is spouting hysteria that is proven false and physically impossible.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Lets hope someone has the sense to search the gulf floor and find out. There are many temporarily capped wells that could leak at any time, probably holes punched in all over the gulf.

Lets hope they're wrong about this hole, but who knows til they search properly.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Don't think you have to search the gulf floor for a leak. After they cap the well that BP is working. See if the amount of oil in the Gulf is growing.

I think that there is lots more oil than that which would come up from the BP well.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

are you sure the pressure rating of that pipe is so low? there is no way they used a pipe that thin, that would be utter foolishness. ok. a pipe with a six inch diameter with 1/2 inch thick walls (we call it 6 in. schedule 80 in welding) is rated for 80,000 psi. this size pipe is very common.

schedule is a pressure rating, not a size. a 7 inch sch. 80 pipe would have slightly thicker walls than the six inch sch. 80.

bottom line: a 7 in. sch. 15 pipe is very thin. thin to the point of foolishness, especially when you take into account that bp didn't know what they were drilling into.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The hole has been fixed (hopefully).

Now the banter about BP has to end! But not for the downers who instead of congratulating the feat decide to invent another imaginary hole so they have some more impending doom to talk about! Zzz.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty
I'm very cautious when it comes to what this gentleman says, granted alot of it does make sense but he doesn't seem to have alot of street cred in the drilling community as seen on the Oil Drum website. Also if there was such a massive hole I think the entire Gulf and Caribbean would be pitch black right now.

Moriarty, Matt Simmons has much credibility and he's not the only one reporting this. The truth of this situation has been covered up -- there's been essentially a news black out in the Gulf.

Also, one of the characteristics of Corexit 9500 dispersant (aside from its toxicity) is that it HIDES the oil from the surface of the water by sinking the oil! The oil is lurking below the surface of the water.

Huge globs & plumes of oil are hidden below the water, that cannot be seen on the surface. Yes, the condition of the Gulf waters is MUCH worse than it appears.

I hate BP.

Astroved

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Astroved

How do you know?

Provide proof don't make such claims without proof!

Zzz!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Where did this info on a massive leak from an open hole miles from the BP well come from?

All I can find is links to people talking about it, but absolutely no proof. How do they know there is a hole if we don't have pictures ?

Early on in this tape, the persons say something to the effect that they want the military to take over so they can find the hole with the big leak...

How does he know there is a hole or is this just another internet rumor.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

mother nature was just fine slowly squeezing the oil and gas through the mixed strata.

How do you know she wants what you want, did you speak with her?

Seriously drilling through mixed clathrate, sediment and brittle plutonic rock to get to a very weak cap structure not just 5000ft below the sea but another 15000+ feet beyond and no one expected any problem?

So a fracture 15000+ feet long over 6 miles away from drilling a small hole almost straight down? I supose anything is possible, but I think that is unlikely. How many other wells are out in the gulf? Thousands? I don't remember this problem with any of those others.

It is just the earth rebelling?

No, it is a natural process. Don't you think it's possible that a pressure wave inside the oil field could have caused the platform explosion and caused the fracture 6 miles away?

Well I guess we can't hold BP responsible if it is the Earth doing it ,eh?

We can, and should, hold BP responsible fully for its own well problems. And, along with her global warming project, we should hold Mother Nature responsible for the leak 6 miles away. Mother Nature will do as she pleases and if she wants to kill the gulf and you along with it, she will!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
Surely BP can't be so stupid to cover a fake little hole and just leave another hole of which the size keeps growing or numerous holes and just throw their hands in the air? If they don't let the American authorities or scientists know about the "rupturing" sea floor then going from billions of dollars of fines all BP top management will probably be jailed, the only way to cover op a hole is to actually cover it up.

Kykweer, the Obama regime already KNOWS about the oil spewing from other fractures in the sea floor. BP called in Anatoly Sagalevich of the Shirshov Institute of Oceanology to examine the site shortly after the explosion. (Sagalevich is a deep sea vehicle expert.)

He gave "nearly hourly updates to both US government & BP officials ... including US Senator Bill Nelson (Florida)."

Oil is leaking from various fractures, the worst being from a crack about seven miles from the well bore site.

You wonder why there's been a news blackout in the Gulf? They've been lying to us since April.

The capping of the actual well bore site is to re-assure the public that all is under control. NOT!

Astroved

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
If there are any other leaks, they are going to be spewing out hard now that have "stopped" the original one.

Trigger mechanisim mabey? And I did read somewhere on here that BP HIRED2 RUSSIAN DEEP SEA EXPEDITIONIST who were the title holders for deep sea exploration, and these 2 stated they did see fractures down there on the sea bottom when they were sent there by BP. So its not to much for me to consider there being a potential hole located within the gulf if there are fractures why not a hole a deep fracture would turn into a hole of some sort right!!!!

I wish the United States Gov. would send one or more of its many declassified or classified underwater vessels to survey and video tape a nice 40 mile wide area of the gulf floor or even a multiple location survey of gulf floor region. I know these vessels exist and can be equipped with many different types of imagining softwares like-sonar-radio-microwave, we do map Mars, a planet many millions of miles away so it can be done. If this is done it will allow the American people to feel that their gov. really has their back and is not just letting a big bussiness company handle such a possible big issue, even if the American people realize something they didnt want to see hey atleast the public support was gained and no one can say they never told us nor warned us......

A SIMPLE SURVEY OF GULF FLOOR, WOULD BE NICE, MULTIPLE AMERICAN NAVY SUBS WOULD BE BETTER. AND IF MULTIPLE SUBS WERE DOING SURVEY AND WE WERE GIVEN A FULL LENGTH VIEW OF ALL THAT IS OCCURING ESPECIALLY IF THIS WILL BECOME A WORLD ISSUE I THINK EVEN IF A DESTRUCTIVE ISSUE MANY WILL BE PLEASED TO ATLEAST KNOW......

[edit on 7/16/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The guy being questioned said it, exactly how I feel it.

BP is being assaulted and was attacked or sabotauged
BP really did mess up this bad

He said 2/3 of people think others are trying to destroy BP's Name

GUESS WHAT

BP is one of the few oil companies that was actually making real change in the green energy effort... Now they are practically bankrupt.

TPTB Doesn't want green energy.

My Opinion

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Astroved

Prove it! Bet you can't!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just wanted to throw this out yesterday when it was capped the BP stock went UP by 10% hmmmm Wall Street why would it go up that fast when they didn't even know it this would last.

I think there is some hand in hand work going on here everything has to have an eye kept on it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join