It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada won't help manage Kandahar anymore.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hello all,

Here is a translation of an article I just found.

The United-States will take command of the military operations in Kandahar, after Canada spent 5 years doing it.

Lieutenant-colonel Craig Dalton, says there is now 3 times more allied soldiers than there was a year ago.

The presence of such a force is said to help the Afghan government augment its efficiency and the ability to offer essential services at a local level.

It is also expected that the army and the police will double their numbers.

The operational force of Kandahar comprises Canadian soldiers and an American squad. They will now remain responsible for the Panjwayi, Dand and Daman districts.

Dalton is expecting the force to be more efficient now that it will be covering less terrain. "Conditions, he says, that will allow for the Afghans to be victorious against the Taliban insurgents.

-----

Way to go by announcing in advance your strategy!!!

Seriously, tho, does it mean the end of this occupation is near? I doubt it.

It looks more to me the Americans are placing their forces in bigger numbers close to Iran in a slick move. If Ahmadinejad says it is a massing of troops, no one will listen in the Western world...

Here is the link of the article, for those of you who can read French.

lcn.canoe.ca...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Way to go flappy head canada!!!!!

And now us Brits are leaving Sangin to let the americans take over and make things worse

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

We weren't attacked by terrorists and are probably the least likely to be attacked out of the G20 Nations. We were there to help an ally. We've shed more than our fair share of blood for the Americans and comments like yours are stupid and only inflame dislike for people like yourself.

Deez

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

We weren't attacked by terrorists and are probably the least likely to be attacked out of the G20 Nations. We were there to help an ally. We've shed more than our fair share of blood for the Americans and comments like yours are stupid and only inflame dislike for people like yourself.

Deez

Yea and who exactly WAS attacked by evil afghan terrorists? Hmm... No 1.
So you can stop with the MSM propoganda. And realy shedding blood for the USA based on idiotic lies? Your mad.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

We also gave ample warning of our exit date, I think it was a couple of years ago, and have been reminding everyone constantly. This was partly done to ensure the Afghans would learn to look after themselves. It's an unwinnable war.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey! Hey! Let's not make war on peace walk!

I didn't know about Sangin... so the Americans ARE massing troops?

It is worse than I thought.

snowspirit: I almost put in the OP: I would have thought corruption, lobbying, etc, would have been easier to learn... ( No offense DEEZNUTZ! )

But we're still not completely out...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Yea us Brits are bugging out of Sangin

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Good news if you ask me

edit to fix link

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, but I also think it is a good news. It is a monumental farce that has gone on long enough.

Afghanistan was invaded primarily for the heroin market that was dying since the Taliban took control of the country in 1996. After 2001, the production of heroin in the country was, reported by the MSM, augmented by 1500%!!!

Also, a year after 9/11, CTV presented a documentary on the events, and while the towers were falling down, and everybody was distressed, a man, looking like a military dressed as a civil, holding what was to be thought a bottle of alcohol in a brown bag was constantly yelling " Down with Afghanistan, Down with Irak, they will pay for this! " Non-stop.

Conditioning at its best if you ask me.

(Edited to thank for the link. )

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

yep it sure is a farce that has gone on long enough......

This picture sais it all realy:

Looks like the US forces are moonlighting as farmers to boost their economy

p.s link fixed for the sangin pullout

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

It seems you were served the same idea. Which is normal under the circumstances. I guess. So there IS a pattern...

The UK will concentrate its effort on the central part of Helmand province instead, in what he said would provide ''more manpower and greater focus'' on that area.

Thanks again for the link!

Also:

"There will always be a bit of Sangin in the bloodstream of the British Army and the Royal Marines."

??? What do they mean? They seem sad to leave... And that makes it 16 000 American soldiers to replace the 8 000 British ones?

I thought Obama wanted to end this?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit

It seems you were served the same idea. Which is normal under the circumstances. I guess. So there IS a pattern...

The UK will concentrate its effort on the central part of Helmand province instead, in what he said would provide ''more manpower and greater focus'' on that area.

Thanks again for the link!

No probs.....

I dont make predictions but give it up to 2 years and the UK will pull out of combat duty in helmand and reserve as a training force for the Afghans. Leaving helmand for the USA......

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

Deez

You shouldnt have been doing it for the american. But like you said you will probably never be attacked.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted byMaster Shen long
Yea and who exactly WAS attacked by evil afghan terrorists? Hmm... No 1.
So you can stop with the MSM propoganda. And realy shedding blood for the USA based on idiotic lies? Your mad.

Ha Ha . Just wait till you get back home and see how the Muslims have been taking over your country since you've been gone.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Ha ha.... I am fully aware of the Muslim madness back home in the UK thanks.

Still doesnt justify invading a country that had nothing to do with any terrorist attacks untill AFTER it was invaded.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure our respective troops will have the time to pull out. If war starts with Iran... We will be asked to be good friends again.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You're alright.

Whether I agree with you or not I will always respect your service.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I just think they will be pulled out of combat duty.... Just like the UK did in Basra then wow and behold 5 minutes later Afghanistan reeaaaly kicks off and the UK just happens to have lots of free troops to spare.

But Iran is defo on the table, prehaps our troops will be massed quietly near the border ready for a strike?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

you to mate....

Nice avatar by the way... Durkha durkha!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I just thought... are there other allied forces that are currently being replaced in Afghanistan by American forces?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Quote : Way to go by announcing in advance your strategy!!!

Seriously, tho, does it mean the end of this occupation is near? I doubt it.

It looks more to me the Americans are placing their forces in bigger numbers close to Iran in a slick move. If Ahmadinejad says it is a massing of troops, no one will listen in the Western world...

S&F OP ! That's exactly what its all about getting closer to Iran using Afghanistan as an excuse ! More money to be made ! Over dead bodies on both sides , sure would like the M*ther F*ckers behind all this be up front instead of the soldiers and innocent people as usual ..........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join