It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle on the M62 near Leeds, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm on vacation in UK at the moment and happened to whiz by a crop circle today on the M62 between Huddersfield and Leeds. I apologize for not grabbing a picture (REALLLLY wsh I could have) but was not able to.

I borrowed someones computer to post this because I can't do the research now - hopefully someone else can; feel free to start a new thread if you find info on it.

I literally was going about 80 miles per hour and just caught a glimpse of it but the general theme was a large sphere toward the upper half with a crescent moon just below. It had various "limbs" below the main headlike bit. I specifically noticed it had sharp lines and was in a green field maybe oats or young wheat?

sorry I don't have more. Soonest I can get back to check it out would be tuesday...

(Two weeks without ATS is gonna be rough! Miss y'all!)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Things must be realy bad for you to be on vacation near Huddersfield and Leeds....

I feel your pain and you have my deepest sympathy

Shame you didnt get a pic of the circle though. Will search onlin to find if it has been reported elsewhere

S&F for your observational skills

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Was this it Thermo?

The author of this photo said the following:

I took these photos of the crop circle at Brighouse, Huddersfield. I didn't have time to get into the field, but the view from the footbridge over the motorway gives quite a good view.

- source

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

Nice find!

The date from your circle is 12 july, But the OP didnt give a date of his/her sighting. They wont be back on here for 2 weeks so it will be a long wait for a reply lol

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ahh yes,.. CC season is coming back
I love the two things that make this unique
1) Of course in only happens the UK
2) and it only happens in the fields ,.... of the UK
the Aliens that make the CC's must just go crazy in anticipation waiting for the fields to grow tall enough to draw in..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How come we don't get any real CC'c here in the US?
It just seems so unfair

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That pic sort of looks like what I saw and the direction sounds right if they were over the motorway. I think it was closer to Leeds but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for posting the pic anyhow!

About the funny remark about cc season - it's true... Although crop circles have been around for 1000 years the maistream media covers the faked ones so most people just blindly discount them all. I don't take 'em as real until radiation tests and stalk abnormalities have been photographed - still exciting to see one live though!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Things must be realy bad for you to be on vacation near Huddersfield and Leeds....

I feel your pain and you have my deepest sympathy

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Master Shen long]

Hey now...thats where I spend my vacations!!!! I love Yorkshire. Miss my #ty little hometown, Pontefract.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ii live in leeds - be a bit more specific on the location and i'll go get a pic for your.

ta

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeny122229
ii live in leeds - be a bit more specific on the location and i'll go get a pic for your.

ta
Don't suppose you've got a helicopter to hand? Could do with some good areal shots of it

And as for Lil Drummerboy, I'm sorry but this is incorrect

1) Of course in only happens the UK
2) and it only happens in the fields ,.... of the UK

you just don't get to hear of them in the UK. Check the crop circle connector (sorry, I'm not a croppy, honest, but i do like to look at them, they're works of art no matter who makes them IMO) they have a few from other places. Not as many as in the UK, they've only got a few of the world wide ones on there.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think there are A LOT more crop circles than get reported. I've driven about 800 miles this last week all around Midlands, and from Gloucester to Edinborough and I've seen 3 different crop circles! Two of them would require a helicopter to see the whole thing and the one mentioned first was on a hillside but only visible from the motorway/walkover.

I'll keep looking and will be able to stop and grab pics for next few days.

new topics

top topics

join