It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS grown ignorant?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

As I stated to the original poster, everyone should find their own perspectives, this is a unique way of figuring out exactly what eahc person should think and believe, for themselves.

Yes, a type, is ignorant, but it is easily fixed.

But a friendship allows that ignorance to be overlooked as it happens, and the knowledge that typing out a heartfelt message, was meant as a means to suggest peace.

A bridge between older members and newer members if you will.

What Does ATS's Motto "Deny Ignorance" Mean To You?

[edit on 16-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Life is cyclical and full of change, I doubt there is a forum, board or chat room on the internet, where the quests don’t bemoan it’s gone down hill from the good old days.

To some people the differences and changes that come with the natural evolution brought on by time are always bad.

Which is kind of sad, some people live in and focus on the past, some people are always focused on and dreaming and scheming about the future, but the fortunate person is the one who can focus in on, and get the most out of the here and the now.

Look long enough and hard enough and you are bound to discover something good!

Seize the day!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I actually stopped posting for awhile. This place is full of trolls and the mods do nothing to stop it if it fits into their personal agenda.

And if you think for a second that the owner of this sight is any better you would be wrong. He is also playing a agenda and does not care about mods not being impartial.

I wish there was a better sight then this run by a more moderate and level headed administrator but this is the best I can find.

ATS could be great but the farmer has opened the chicken coop to the chicken hawks.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
While I agree there is some serious nonsense posted here, there are the occasional threads which really spike my interest. We are all here to research and participate in topics that are of personal interest to us. On occasion I enjoy a good alien thread, but not the ones which talk of moon bases and all that jazz. However, one thread really stands out for me and it was the work of LiveForever8 regarding the death of a key scientist in the run-up to the Iraq war. This is an example of a well put together thread detailing an important subject in the UK at the moment. Very good research and no sensationalism or attempt to make it anything more than it really is - a conspiracy unravelling itself in the UK at the moment.

There have been other threads which garner my attention, but agree that they are few and far between. This of course is due to the fact that my interest with site surrounds a limited subject matter. The debunking bandwagon isn't my thing, but a good debate on Middle East politics is.

Edit for typo

[edit on 17-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Has ATS grown ignorant?

No, why? ATS is maybe just like "diesel".

Stupid people are very proud to be what they are. And it's a growing market as we can see. I don't like it, - but I also don't like SUV's, Banks, and Hamburgers. I alway was in a minority group.

I see it ironic positive, they shall die happy. Why negate inevitable facts?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I noticed a lot of innocent people being banned for unknown reasons. Some people that should be banned for being severely rude still here. I surely don't know what to say about this site any more.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well i am a brand new newbie here and have in just two days ruffled a few feathers...but without the ruffling it is hard to get at the skin of a topic.....I have noticed sometimes there seems to be assumptions about where one might supply info from but people must realize i hope we are all our own vessels of information and have different methods of supplying it.

I think it it is like chatrooms when a newbie arrives...they kinda have to make an entrance in order to mark their space and then they settle into the system.

I know i will make an error here and there and i just hope people do realize that all opinions are subjective and the reader i hope will take out the information that pertains to them or their thought process.

I also know that there will be a lot of dis information by people to balance things off...and that is acceptable also i think.

but i think there is a lot of great discussion here and as long as it stays a open forum with very little sensorship then that is a very very good thing as then we are not being judged by power hungry people who think they know whats best for us(the people).

I would also hope the word guidelines instead of rule would be a more pleasent usage then people would feel less restricted.

now soon as forums of politics and religion become involed in any site tempers will flare but that is the risk one takes when embarking on such endeavours is it not?

just look at my Avatar...and would you expect me to speak in peace .....lol.

anyways i do enjoy the invigorating conversation and i do enjoy the banter but i do say things with a serious mind as i do try to wake people up to whats happening on this great planet of ours.

as John Lennon wrote....... "GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!!!!!!"

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ATS is MEMBER Generated Content.

If there is anybody to blame for the ignorance, or lack there of at ATS, it's the membership.

We are the ones in control.

For our members who joined during the winter, this is very common in the summer months. We get TONS of new members and they go all willie nilly!

Things can get pretty interesting, or down right boring it's hit or miss. Some of the really good contributors go away into RL for vacations and what not.

Summer is my least active time of year for ATS in general.

So no, I don't think it's become ignorant, I just think we have a HUGE member base, a lot of which are younger members who are just now getting into the "Alternate" thinking mindset.

There's a lot of stuff to learn right of the bat when you open your eyes.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join