It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Reveals its Racism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Mission (almost) Accomplished by the government and the MSM. All the walk about The Tea Party is now about racism. Forget their common-sense beliefs, folks, they are FLAMING RACISTS!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
Mission (almost) Accomplished by the government and the MSM. All the walk about The Tea Party is now about racism. Forget their common-sense beliefs, folks, they are FLAMING RACISTS!

Just like many demand of the cops, if you don't want to be grouped-in with the "bad-apples", kindly dissociate yourselves and don't permit that garbage at gatherings. If the message is to remain untainted, and it is really about taxation, non-intrusion, etc; that must be enforced. Distance yourselves, rather than condoning it through comingling with that segment. If you expect to influence the government through action, certainly it within your grasp to influece yourselves through action, within your own domain.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i only read page one of this thread cause it seems to be growing faster then i can read it,

now im gonna rant for awhile about my opinion, however pointless it may be to do so.

but imo, this guy made a huge mistake by trying to convey a messege with sarcasm from and about a political platform,

people like to think politics is serious business and when sarcasm is used, well how can people take it seriously,

their is a reason tact is so important, i cant think of anything in the world in which tact is as important for succes as politics, this guy didnt just lack tact with his letter, he abolished it, pun.

this was clearly mis-used sarcasm.

regardless of the positive intentions which most will miss, i think it is very important that the tea party boot this guy out immediatly, sorry for him to be punished for positive intentions but thats the unfair nature of this world we do what we NEED to and often not what we like to, and they NEED to boot him out now!.

this reminds me of the kramer incident,

he realy wasnt trying to be racist, and he realy doesnt want to be racist, and i understand what he was meaning, the letter and the kramer thing. but both of these were big mistakes, and these two may never escape the racist label.

both these incidents show us some proof that racism is a very very delicate issue, and going at it with a hammer will never work well.

IMO you cannot completly be without racism, unless the concept of its meaning makes no sense to you, we must loose our abilitie to dicern race completly before we will ever be able to stop judging by race.

anyone who makes an attempt to decide whats racist and whats not in any matter is unfortunately incapable of being without racism themselves.

when a child asks what is racism? or what is black people? this is the only example of without racism that you will see, and once the child learns the meaning they immediatly decide for themselves if racism is right or wrong or true or false, this itself is thinking racist. even before the decision is made.

the fight to stop racism is not that, it is actualy only a fight to stop expression of racism, to stop racism itself without impeeding on expression our only option is to forget what it is completly, good luck with that.

and im pro expression, no matter how negative, i dont have to agree with what someone says just to be able to agree with their ability to say it, i wish with all my heart that everyone in the world could say anything they want, to whoever they want, anywhere they want, anytime they want, about anything at all with absolutely no consequences, but that is not our world, it truely is only the actions that we need to concern ourselves with, they speak louder than words, and words are only ever an attempt to describe the intended actions.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If the Tea Party was composed mostly of black people and not white people then it wouldn't be racist. Racism in the U.S. is a double edged sword. Being white in America automatically makes you racist.

Slavery ended over 100 years ago, segregation 48 years ago. The only people keeping racism alive are groups like the NAACP and KKK.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

The N word is hurtful, it brings back memories that should be forgotten. It's even more hurtful when it's said the way Kramer said it: to belittle the black guy. To "put him in his place." Kramer doesn't have the privilege to breathe the free air America gives him.

No one, not black or latino or white, should use the N word. It's just fueled with so much hate. And yeah, I know black people use it all the time but they shouldn't. It's not a word to bring people of one color closer together. It shouldn't be in the English language at all. We should leave it in the past, where it belongs.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sarcasm or not, Mr. Williams' rant basically says ALL black people, especially all black people who support President Obama, are lazy, shiftless, brainless, greedy bums who want to live off the government rather than get jobs and support themselves. Who cannot think for themselves. Who want to go back to the white man's fantasy of slavery as a time when black people were tenderly cared for by white slaveowners and didn't have to do anything for themselves, including think.

This diatribe basically uses every stereotype of black people that ever existed, maybe short of eating fried chicken and watermelons. It does the KKK proud.

I am old enough to remember the civil rights movement. These stereotypes existed then also as excuses for why African Americans could not be granted equality. They existed when slavery was having its heyday in America.

And people have the gall to say that it's not racist? If this is not racist, I would like to know what is.

A side note: The reason it is considered more racist when whites indulge in this kind of stereotyping is because we whites still hold the preponderance of power in the United States. We can and have actually passed laws to prevent the extension of equality to all. No African American ever passed laws that made us sit in the back of buses, and probably wouldn't if they could. Responsibility for one's words and actions is part of the burden that accompanies great privilege.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
According to the statistics, whites form the largest racial group on welfare.

As always, statistics are easily manipulated , as in your quoted post.

STATISTICALLY, black and hispanics are the largest recipients of "welfare:"(from the OP's 'source')

Based on the 2006 TOTAL population of each respective race in the United States, it is:
5.27% white* (5.27% of the white population is on welfare)

27.78% black* (27.78% of the black population is on welfare)

11.47% Hispanic* ** (11.47% of the Hispanic population is on welfare)

If you were to, more honestly, use actual TOTALS, then you'd find that (as of 2006) the NUMBER of recipients was statistically the same for white and black recipients:

Another way to look at this data is based on the total number of people who receive welfare. It is:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000
(note reported total = 94%, due to 'others' and statistical error)

wiki.answers.com...

I do not vouch for the OP's source, but it is more honest to face the facts than to offer your own interpretation.

jw

[edit on 17-7-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
The Major is not fond of random picks, the Major much prefers the horse's mouth as opposed to the regurgitations of wing nuts of the left. Perhaps the recruit's initial convenient omission of a source is due to what prefaces the externally quoted content ....

The leftist extreme cannot properly quote or source a cherry-picked portion of a quote. That would require revelation of their distortions and misrepresentations.

How often lately have we heard that 'conservatives oppose big government, but want the government to intervene in the Gulf of Mexico', as if it were a contradiction?

Conservatives oppose illegitimate expansion of government spending or intervention. Conservatives do not oppose border security, inviolability of contracts, mutual defense or disaster relief!

(Only the self-deluded leftist mind could make straight-faced an argument otherwise.)

The Major is similarly astonished that the art of parody that reigned supreme during the Bush administration is persona non grata during the Messiah's. ...

The Major is more concerned with the all too common approach of sensationalizing and then obfuscating an issue. Such conduct eschews the truth from one end of the horse, leaving the OP looking like other. ...

One should not be astonished, Major. No doubt you, too, have witnessed the transformation of the press from news-gathering to evangelism:

As a consequence of the media's perception of their role in ending the Vietnam War and Watergate, the press began to look upon themselves not as neutral reporters of the news but rather as a crusaders out to right the wrongs, as they perceived them, of the United States. Journalism ... came to be viewed not as an independent watchdog of government regardless of who was in charge but rather as a vehicle for social and economic change.

This, in addition to any so-called noble calling to transform the United States, became a vital part of the metamorphoses of journalism from news gathering to news manipulation and the naïve promotion of a radical leftist ideology.
www.americanthinker.com...

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

I take offense. There are threads all over that do not include a source in the OP for various reasons.

Except when they purport to offer an outside quote or news item. Otherwise it accomplishes one or both of two (false) 'justifications':

Obfuscation of the true, complete statement; or, distorted and false attributions, such as "Tea Party Leader."

I did not want to slant it one way or the other.

But, that is exactly what you and others ("Most of the sources were ... leftwingnut takes on the letter.") have done here and elsewhere.

The obvious deduction is that you knew exactly what you were doing.

I apologize for expecting people to be able to find something that is all over the web on their own ....

A self-serving, false apology that denigrates straw-man critics further belies your motives. The OP is not "all over the web," it is right here under YOUR avatar.

YOU offered it up; it didn't occur to you that perhaps an accurate quote would be best?

(An incomplete quote would contain ellipses to indicate intentional omissions; you chose not to do that, and therefore invite questions as to motives.)

What you've done here is what the MSM do instead of objective reporting: they pick and choose, and slant and distort to serve a left-wing agenda.

(The major earns a star! (as if he really needed another))

[edit on 17-7-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Th tea party and practicaly the whole republican party is racist, thats nothing new.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth

The N word is hurtful, it brings back memories that should be forgotten. It's even more hurtful when it's said the way Kramer said it: to belittle the black guy. To "put him in his place."

No one, not black or latino or white, should use the N word. It's just fueled with so much hate. And yeah, I know black people use it all the time but they shouldn't. It's not a word to bring people of one color closer together. It shouldn't be in the English language at all. We should leave it in the past, where it belongs.

i completely agree with the qouted portion,

however breathing american air is not a privledge it is an inalienable right for citizens, no matter what horrible things they shout into a mic.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

The N word is hurtful, it brings back memories that should be forgotten. It's even more hurtful when it's said the way Kramer said it: to belittle the black guy. To "put him in his place."

however breathing american air is not a privledge it is an inalienable right for citizens, no matter what horrible things they shout into a mic.

Words that hurt the most are ones that hit the mark. Kill the effect and the occurance by making the words clearly nondiscriptive and not applicable.
Curiously enough things that I get called have no effect on me, becasue they clearly dont apply. If you allow the word to even remotely define you, you have nobody to blame for usieing the word. In any respect if one allows use of a word to define themselves from some, it's in fair play by all and any ownership of said word is null and void. In hood culture if you can control your opponent in any way they are your beeyatch, that's the way it's played. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i love how the tea party movement gets called racist but no one says a damn word to "the new black panther party" when they talk about beating the # out of white people for condeming obama in public? not tryin to jump the gun but that sounds like nazi germany

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by batboy420
i love how the tea party movement gets called racist but no one says a damn word to "the new black panther party" when they talk about beating the # out of white people for condeming obama in public? not tryin to jump the gun but that sounds like nazi germany

Because it's about voluntary tribe and culture being waved around as involuntary race. Yes it is simply a diversion and distraction, and works only as long as you permit it..
Their side can win by any means possible and profile the productive for profit, and the opposition is not allowed to use it's most effective weapon, which is to shun those that propose to redefine the culture and maintain it as it was been or should go as race blind but culture aware. There is no shame in maintaining an established and productive culture, especially if the opposition be one of extorted dependance and unproductivity and generally foreign in nature. Plenty of non american cultures out there to hook up with, but only one american one (well there was at one time).

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Words that hurt the most are ones that hit the mark. Kill the effect and the occurance by making the words clearly nondiscriptive and not applicable.
Curiously enough things that I get called have no effect on me, becasue they clearly dont apply. If you allow the word to even remotely define you, you have nobody to blame for usieing the word. In any respect if one allows use of a word to define themselves from some, it's in fair play by all and any ownership of said word is null and void. In hood culture if you can control your opponent in any way they are your beeyatch, that's the way it's played. Deal with it.

So... as I have grown up in the south - it has been ingrained in me that the N word means black person in general - And was beat (figurativley for most) into the psyche into relatives that are still alive for most black people today.

Are you telling people with a darker complexion that they will just have to deal with it due to them daring / being so unlucky to be born a certain race?

As it was mentioned before in this thread. Not all of any group falls under that group's stereotype.

This letter was racist due to the fact that the man even said he wasn't talking to the 'lowest denominator'. He wasn't trying to get a point across to the people he was pretending to be. He was simply being bitter at them because he believes that its all their fault for the current administration. He was also wrong to condemn an entire people based on prejudices.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What IF the Tea Party was black???

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Tea Party Federation kicks out Williams and his "Express"

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I really usually dislike rap music but it seems to be changing. ATS has mad me aware of this. That video was perfect with the images of the signs to go with the words.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join