It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Reveals its Racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

I take offense. There are threads all over that do not include a source in the OP for various reasons. This is not breaking news and when I googled it, a few THOUSAND results came up. I figured it would not be a problem. Most of the sources were, as you say leftwingnut takes on the letter. I did not want to slant it one way or the other. That TPM page did not include it in full on the front page.

Not to the degree the Major is. If a recruit chooses to take the bull by the horns and start a thread then said recruit is responsible for providing the necessary and complete information to facilitate intelligent discussion no matter how one sided it may be.

I apologize for expecting people to be able to find something that is all over the web on their own to find the version they wanted to discredit themselves. If someone questioned the validity, I would have happily provided any number of sources to prove it existed. To have a mod tell me the thread will be removed without immediate sourcing seemed odd. Whining that I did not look up what you seemed to do just fine on your own also seems odd. I guess I am really sorry about that?

The Major is appalled that "Deny Ignorance" is so far removed from the criteria for a scintillating deliberation. First no source, then pick a source? The Major's fear for the well being of the Republic is shaken once more.

The recruit may want to examine their duties and standing orders regarding thread starts here at this man's ATS.

Dismissed.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
WOW, just WOW!! Not really surprised though, the TP's gone done the drain a long time ago...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

Sweet I am also of american indian decent. I am ojibwa indian.

Meant to reply to this earlier. I'll give a warning to you - don't mix Indian with Scotch-Irish. That's the reason I'm a drunkard that cries when nature is abused.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Not really displeasure, broken tooth and can't get to the dentist until the morning, my apologies if I came off that way. However, this is a two edged sword, she has definately said things that could be interputed as racist........what should her penance be?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

It's all good man, it takes a lot to offend me. I was just trying to explain myself so as not to piss you off to be honest.

As for her penance, well, I think the white folks need to get a white reverend to run around calling racism on random people. Do we have that already? Guarantee if we do, the person is a moron.

It reminds me of the South Park episode, where Stan's dad does something that can be considered racist (don't remember what it was). The Reverend comes to town and makes him literally kiss his butt to pay for his "crime". After he does that, Stan asks his black friend if they are cool now, to which his black friend replies "Since when did one person speak for all black people?".

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If David Webb had wrote this letter would it still be racist?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

is an excerpt taken from Michelle Obama's senior year thesis at Princeton University:

"Earlier in my college career, there was no doubt in my mind that as a member of the Black community I was somehow obligated to this community and would utilize all of my present and future resources to benefit this community first and foremost. My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my "Blackness" than ever before."

whites in America were "ineradicably racist".

"By actually working with the Black lower class or within their communities as a
result of their ideologies, a separationist may better understand the desperation of
their situation and feel more hopeless about a resolution as opposed to an
integrationist who is ignorant to their plight."
Obama writes that the path she chose by attending Princeton would likely lead to
her "further integration and/or assimilation into a white cultural and social
structure that will only allow me to remain on the periphery of society; never
becoming a full participant."
Michele Obama

[edit on 15-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]

Okay I am a little confused here as to why you were offended over those statements that originally were used out of context before the elections took place. So if you could elaborate it would help me. I can understand concern over her saying that she would feel obligated to help her own people first and foremost - but really don't you think that some groups are in need of motivation moreso than others? Also, I would suggest looking up the paper yourself - even in the quotes you presented

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

whites in America were "ineradicably racist".

[edit on 15-7-2010 by adifferentbreed]

as you can see the quotes arent around the whole "quote" as you would meaning they replaced the first part of the sentence with something that would upset people- in hopes that it would. This happens all the time with politics though.
(edit due to sleepy eye syndrome)

From my understanding of her paper it was about her experiences with some sort of a 'glass ceiling' as a black person at princeton, as per Obama's quote if you didn't understand it fully. I am sorry to say that just about all minorites will have had to deal with racism at some point of their life - even from other minorities. So you can't say that she didn't have some rather unpleasant bumps in the road along her education pursuing career. I have witnessed some utter bashing and stifling of intelligent individuals and or refusing to allow them any sort of contributing role in college group projects based soley on the color of their skin. I knew this due to the conversation being held by them when the individual was sent to retrieve supplies so yes I am sure it was because of the individuals race.

forgive any mispellings or gramatical errors - I dont feel very well at the moment.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by EminenceofAeon]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i don't want to be sad because it's such a waste. i want to be shocked.

but i'm sad. and not shocked.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Read it.... meh. Its definitely sensationalist but is not racist. I guess artistic license is lost on some people.

The OP is just a troll. He wants the Tea Parties to be racist so he will distort anything to rationalize his perverted reality tunnel. The bottom line is that the left has no logical basis for its economic policies so they cry 'racism' if anyone has the audacity to call them out. Its like when the right calls someone a 'commie' or 'pinko' or when people were called witches hundreds of years ago. All it is is a way to avoid actual discussion.

If I could give a thread a negative flag, I would for this.

The level of ignorance on ATS recently is staggering. I bet its about time for another one of SkepticOverlord's "ATS is Becoming S***" threads where everyone acts like they are not the problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I would like for anyone who has called the OP a troll to quantify that statement. Is he a troll because you don't agree with him? Is that how ridiculous this place has become? If you are a Tea Party person does that mean you must agree with everything they do? Are you all sheep?

As for this letter: he could easily have made his point without using inflammatory language and derogatory sentiments. But, he chose the path of greatest press coverage. If you can honestly read the language in the letter and say to yourself that he wasn't being inflammatory and using racist stereotypes, then I feel very sorry for you. You'll never wake up, sleepy little sheep.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

He is using the wording of the slaves who didn't have any civil rights and who dreamed of being free.

Now that black people are free they are easily giving up their civil rights to follow President Obama.

That letter wasn't about Obama and his racist generalizations are offensive and inaccurate.

You are also assuming much when you claim all Black people "follow" Obama.
What exactly does that mean? Especially considering that without the White vote Obama wouldn't be in office.

Did those that voted for George Bush "follow" him?

I think people are supporting the President they elected.
There is NOTHING usual about that.

In the words of the slave

The audacity.

What gives him the authority to speak for Africans slaves in their "words" and the competence to decide what they would say to President Lincoln if they were alive?

Utter and offensive rubbish.

What's next?

Is he going to do a "me Japanese" routine and write to President Franklin Roosevelt about why he dropped those interment camps?

Some people have really lost touch.

he is telling everyone that since we are regressing we should have never freed the slaves because they basically got everything the black people of today wanted. They didn't pay for food, shelter or clothes.

So everyone unemployed and on welfare should be African slaves or just the black ones? I'm from Appalachia and I can tell you that a lot of poor White people are going to be shocked by this new notion of turning welfare recipients into African slaves.

What about "corporate welfare"?

You know, the kind that eclipses regular welfare for citizens and what you should really be outrages about if you took the time to see how milked we ALL are getting by these corporations by comparison?

These white-collar thieves going to be slaves too?

That has got to be one of the silliest things I have ever read on ATS. If this is the reasoning behind the Tea-Party I can see why most sensible Republicans distance themselves from such lunacy.

They want to lock up Michael Steele and make him pick cotton.

Now we have black people on tv crying saying how Obama is going to pay for their gas.

I just love how you even single out isolated cases of silly people saying silly things and blow it out of proportion to represent an entire race of people.

I guess we can all go to You-Tube and watch videos of people saying unimaginably stupid things and completely box the entire world down to the size of a sugar cube.

What the leader of the Tea Party is doing is race-baiting the New Black Panthers so that this feud can get them more members and more press. This behavior is just ridiculous as some of the comments coming from the leaders of the New Black Panthers.

They are BOTH acting in the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are just backstage planning this sort of manipulative nonsense.

ATS is swimming in ignorance these days.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

I would like for anyone who has called the OP a troll to quantify that statement.

I did in my post.

Is he a troll because you don't agree with him?

No. He is a troll because he distorts reality to bend to his own premise.... which is that the Tea Parties are racist because he doesn't agree with them.

If you are a Tea Party person does that mean you must agree with everything they do?

Straw man has been beaten to death. I am against government as a suitable idea to solve any problem. To lump me with a group of people I have no affiliation with (though I have watched a few rallies including one in DC) is more of the same.

Are you all sheep?

And the hypocrisy rears its ugly head. So when you can't substantiate claims of racism, you then insinuate that those that disagree with you are partisan sheep.

If you can honestly read the language in the letter and say to yourself that he wasn't being inflammatory and using racist stereotypes, then I feel very sorry for you.

We are a society that has skin about as thick as carbon paper. When we can't use any words or phrases to make a point, we are not free. When we stop being a bunch of wannabe victims of 'hate-speech' and actually start talking about issues (without fear of being judged on the terminology one uses) and solving the ills of society.

Personally, I have been in a few race discussions in classes where I am forced to participate in this BS series of disingenuous hugs, sorries, and kisses. On rare occasion do we have actual discussions. One of which I remember vividly as the only time I ever said the N-word. When it came around to me, I yelled it, just to tear down the stigma behind it. People winced. I then yelled the F-bomb to somehow lighten the mood. I am not afraid to make people uncomfortable to make a point as long as the point is unity, justice, freedom, and ultimately to get people to think about actually trying to solve the issues. In fact, we have to be uncomfortable to make a difference.

LINK

I am not disagreeing with you that he used that language to get noticed, but his point is valid. Too bad peoples racism-reflexes are too fast to actually comprehend what he is saying.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Then Williams outdid himself, with a mock letter to President Lincoln from Ben Jealous, asking for a return to slavery:

Williams, you'll recall, is also the guy who said African-Americans were too stupid to get out of the way of Hurricane Katrina: "They didn't have the necessary brains and common sense to get out of the way of a Cat 5 Hurricane and then when it hit them- stood on the side of the convention Center expiring while reporters were coming and going" Crooks and liars.

Nope. There aren't any racists in the Tea Party movement. Will any Tea Party leader condemn Williams? I'm not holding my breath.

Salon.com

Teabagger Mark Williams says: 'Obama is an Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug and a racist in chief' and tries to defend it! - crooksandliars.com

This guy is a winner.
There was a time he'd be branded unpatriotic for such remarks.

I guess most people are fair-weather patriots themselves.

I can't imagine though, why the Tea-Party and its supporters whine at the very idea that they are called a group in league with and supportive of racists.

Are they going to condemn the words coming from the mouth of their very own spokesperson?

Nope.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

What he is saying is fairly obvious to anyone reading it. It ain't rocket science. However, deploring the way he chose to put it across is not having overly sensitive racism-reflexes, it's common decency. As the poster above pointed out, it's not this guy's first time, either... he's just another two-bit spin doctor with an agenda, and people are buying into it.

Why did I call use the term sheep? I use that term for anyone who refuses to condemn actions that are blatantly abhorrent because they agree with the sentiments. That's not free thinking, it's blanket support and that's sheepish.

As for the OP, he wasn't bending any facts. Merely presenting the letter and providing the logical conclusion. He made it clear he was willing to discuss it and debate it. There was nothing trollish about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Are you joking? You don't get the letter? Really?
Ok you say he is racist but he said "we colored" . How can you be racist against your self? No really how?

Please look at the letter again. Or am i misunderstanding you?

Really you don't get it? Am i misunderstanding you? Do you see his point but think he did it in a racist way or something?

P.s Please don't reply to me im going out of state and will not be able to reply back.

If you wish to reply please u2u me ill have a look when i get back. I hope i did not seem rude btw that was not my intent.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by GunzCoty]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Do you see his point but think he did it in a racist way or something?

I realize the question was posed to KJG, but my answers are brief and to the point so I shall respond anyway.
~~~~~~~~~

Yes. And Yes.

After reading the responses, I returned to read the letter again. Not sure why, once you've been hit with a ton of bricks you don't generally have to return to make sure you've been hit with a ton of bricks.

The second time it becomes clear how much "fun" he had writing this. This was recreational. It's hard to believe a grown man would create such a document for any reason other than his own amusement, and maybe for those like-minded. It's rather sophomoric and inane imo.

Even so-called satirical renderings give a glimpse into the mind of the writers, and this, people, is not a pretty sight.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yeah, racist for attemptiong to be colorblind and pointing out that some ethnic groups are being kept on a plantation of fgnorance and govt manipulation and childish dependancy. If that be your definition of racist then count me in as a proud one. When you come to my house for reparations I'll have some gifts ready.

If honesty is called racism, it's still honest and still not racist. Honesty is an affirmative defense against slander, and what we have is something akin to suppression of honest opinion.
I dont dislike some groups because of their color I dislike them becasue they are crappy ignorant predatiry and irresponsible human beings of any color that have an irresponsible culture. Just imagine if there was a group so stupid and inferior that they would make life or death decisions based on the color of clothing!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Reveals it? Reveals it to the blind is more like it. What reveals it is seeing them in action with "go home n****s" signs and other colorful accoutrements, that and their rather bland, pallid, homogeneity. Frankly, I think the media underplays the truth of the matter. Surely "non-white" races share similar sentiments about exhorbitant taxation (or are you going to try to make be believe the absurdity that they do like it?).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
How is it that for one side, the actions of so many individuals that they approach majority reproduce the same self centered and irresposnsible behavior are not considered representative of the group and cannot be discussed at all, but those they feel are in opposition in any way are responsible for the worst of any one single person that claims or is assigned any affiliation?
What color clothing do we have to wear to get along or is it simply an aggressive intimidation for the extortion of support money?

What we have is a culture of narcissists trying to define whats 'fair' for themselves at the expense of others and whining that any pushback is unfair and unacceptable.
Nope not gonna work, keep up aggression and one will get aggression back.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

Now I see there isn't any room for a real conversation with you.

The wording was racist at the beginning. I explained that away.

Now since he is a rich white man he has no place to call out the black race for the obvious wrong they are doing to the memory of their ancestors who they are supposedly so proud of. I guess only a black man can tell when the black race are dishonoring the memory of a proud people who fought for hundreds of years to get the same rights that the white man enjoys.

Nope a white man cant see the wrong being done. We are to racist for that.

I did my best to explain to you in simple terms the message. You just want to see racism so I will leave you to it.

Every time I read something like this I donate more money to defeat the idio tea party candidates. So that's another $500 for Conway to pulverize Rand Paul in Kentucky. Keep typing boys. We need to send bucks to Harry to beat that Sharron Angle wackaloon in Nevada.
Great fundraising boys. Keep it up

[edit on 16-7-2010 by 4nsicphd]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join